Northeast Propositions for the month of November
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:24:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Propositions for the month of November
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Northeast Propositions for the month of November  (Read 1875 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2007, 04:43:22 PM »

The death penalty bill, for now, has been withdrawn.

Or so I thought

I don't think it's been withdrawn from Verily. I was looking the thread over and I couldn't see anywhere that stated he'd be withdrawing it. Though he did say, he'd work on the Death Penalty Reform Bill on November 7.

I thought it was withdrawn as well. Please verify this with Verily before you move to a ballot Rock, thanks.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2007, 05:44:32 PM »

Since Verily has withdrawn his death penalty bill, I will propose one in his stead.

Death Penalty Reform Act of 2007

1. With regard to the use of the death penalty in the region of the Northeast, it is hereby resolved that:
  • The Northeast shall limit the use of the death penalty for terrorist acts, murders involving torture, the killing of active duty law enforcement officers, and murder sprees;
  • The Northeast shall require a burden of proof where jurors find "no doubt" as to the guilt of the defendant before the death penalty may be applied;
  • The Northeast shall allow for jurors who do not support the death penalty to serve in death penalty cases;
  • The Northeast shall not allow the use of the death penalty for defendants under 18 at the time of the applicable offense and those who are "mentally ill"; and
  • Jurors must find that there is ''conclusive evidence" reaching a ''high level of scientific certainty" linking the defendant to the crime scene, the murder weapon, or the victim's body before a death sentence can be imposed. This evidence may include DNA evidence, footwear impressions, fingerprints, ballistics, and photographs.

2. Be it further resolved that all inmates currently serving on death row shall be eligable for a new trial by jury to solely address the terms of their sentence.  If the prosecution is not able to meet the burden for the death penalty as provided in the Death Penalty Reform Act of 2007, the sentence of death shall be commuted to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

3. The use of the lethal injection method of applying the death penalty shall hereby be outlawed in the Northeast effective January 1, 2009.  The sole method of execution in the Northeast thereafter shall be death by carbon monoxide poisoning.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2007, 05:55:47 PM »

Vehicle Procurement Act of 2007
1. Be it hereby resolved that all new vehicles purchased for offical regional use in the Northeast (including buses used for the purposes of regional-subsidized mass transit) must, at a minimum, meet PZEV (Partial Zero-emissions Vehicle) standards.
a.  Definition.  In order to qualify as a PZEV, a vehicle must meet the SULEV (Super Ultra Low-emissions Vehicle) standard and, in addition, have zero evaporative emissions from its fuel system plus an extended (15-year/150,000-mile) warranty on its emission-control components, which incidentally covers the propulsion electrical components of a hybrid electric vehicle.

2. Vehicles should meet AT-PZEV (Advanced Technology Partial zero-emissions vehicle) standards or better whenever feasible.  (AT-PZEV standards include cars that utilize hybrid technology.)

3. Effective Date.  The Vehicle Procurement Act of 2007 shall go into effect immediately upon passage.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2007, 05:57:59 PM »

Death Penalty Reform Act of 2007
Mr. Moderate

Vehicle Procurement Act of 2007
Mr. Moderate
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2007, 07:05:32 PM »

Mr. Moderate,

Time is up for November props. You will have to reintroduce those in December. Sorry, the Lt. Governor closed the ballot for props earlier today.

Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 08:24:04 PM »

Ah, my bad.  Just noticed that.

Consider these on hold for December, then.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 08:59:06 PM »

Ah, my bad.  Just noticed that.

Consider these on hold for December, then.

Will do but please repost then come December. Thanks!
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 10:03:53 PM »

I did withdraw the bill:

Until we've reached some sort of resolution regarding the issue of lower courts, I will withdraw the Death Penalty Reform Bill and ask that Gov. MAS put a moratorium on all executions in the Northeast until legislation can be considered in regards to them.

And my apologies for not getting anything in today; I was exceptionally busy at work and unable to provide anything. I'm afraid this month the Northeast will be rather bereft of legislation to vote on.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2007, 10:31:13 PM »

And my apologies for not getting anything in today; I was exceptionally busy at work and unable to provide anything. I'm afraid this month the Northeast will be rather bereft of legislation to vote on.

There's always December, Senator. Eventhough you withdrew your Death Penalty Reform Bill, it's always good to see that your proposing props each month.

I'll open the Northeast Props Ballot for November in a minute or two. I'm expecting a low turn out.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies