Question for Yamor: (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:10:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Question for Yamor: (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for Yamor:  (Read 2378 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 14, 2009, 03:34:17 PM »

I must say, Mikado, I'm a little upset that you didn't go to me first on a Jewish question Sad  Although, I will say that I am thrilled Yamor could answer it, because I wasn't sure if my answer was correct (even though it turned out to be Smiley)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:51:21 PM »

Sorry! I don't know why he chose to ask me either. Maybe because I've been quite active on this board recently.

It's no problem.  I'm thrilled to have two other posters (you and Purple State) who can answer questions about Judaism, in addition to me Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 04:17:32 PM »

While we're talking about Judaism, there's actually an extremely unusual Jewish tradition coming up in a couple of months, which happens only once every 28 years. It's a blessing on the sun recited on a 28 year cycle, and is when the sun reaches the equinox at the same time and day of the week as by creation. This is calculated using the rounded value of 365.25 days as the length of the year.

Awesome!  I'd never heard of this before.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 08:38:37 PM »

In case it wasn't clear, guys, I was more joking than serious.  I just wanted to make that clear.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 01:41:13 PM »

While we're talking about Judaism, there's actually an extremely unusual Jewish tradition coming up in a couple of months, which happens only once every 28 years. It's a blessing on the sun recited on a 28 year cycle, and is when the sun reaches the equinox at the same time and day of the week as by creation. This is calculated using the rounded value of 365.25 days as the length of the year.

Yeah there is a facebook invite going around. It is quite an interesting event.

Really?  I haven't gotten anything yet.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies