2004 Election Game (sign up thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:37:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Election Game (sign up thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 Election Game (sign up thread)  (Read 10257 times)
Peanut
Costa Rica

« on: December 16, 2018, 02:24:17 PM »

Can I play as a certain climate-concerned former Democratic Vice-President who narrrowly lost Florida? If not, how about an ambitious former First Lady sitting in NY's class 1 Senate seat?
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:07:49 PM »

I'll be running as Al Gore, if that's ok. Thanks, I'll post my speech between today and tomorrow.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 09:00:30 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2018, 09:04:22 PM by Lincoln Assemblyman Peanut »

Gore '04: An America for the 21st Century!
Former Vice-President announces a renewed, modern Presidential campaign in a rally yesterday in Nashville, Tennessee.

In a rally yesterday in his home state, the Vice-President announced his 2004 Presidential campaign, striking a modern tone.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 09:12:04 PM »

Hillary Clinton-announcement speech

September 30, 2003, Chappaqua, New York

I am delighted to announce that I am running for President in 2004. I have long held the dream that I would be the first female President, and in this Republican field, I see an opportunity.

I know people will say that I am not ready, or that the country is not ready for a woman to be President. I will point out that when Margaret Thatcher ran for Leader of the British Conservative Party, did people say that Britain wasn't ready for female Prime Minister? Or that when Benazir Bhutto was campaigning for Prime Minister of Pakistan, did people say that Pakistan wasn't ready for a female Prime Minister. I have no doubt that we are ready for a female President and beyond that, I'm confident that I'll win.

Hillary as a Republican?

Hillary's kind of underestimating her fellow Democrats here. If she can beat Gore, which she thinks she can, she believes can win both the nomination and the General Election....though she was a Goldwater Girl once upon a time, so I could mess with that, if you want Wink

Hmmm...
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 10:52:31 PM »

Do I have to post a campaign schedule / will I be docked for not? Seems sort of pointless to me.

Oh come on, the campaign schedules are fun (though a bit tiring to write.)
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 11:58:25 AM »

I'm fine with Talent dropping out, but can you veto him being shot?

It just seems implausible.
The talent player isnt very good

Isn't very good is an understatement.

Yeah, the "Talent being shot" is not plausible.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 01:53:01 PM »

Oh come on you guys, it's Christmas. Lighten up a little.  Cheesy

Although I do agree there should've been a limit on the endorsements. Maybe (5) per turn if the GM wants to have more than usual, and only two per state.

Also, hopefully the Republicans join us after the holidays.

It will be 5 per turn after this one.

Also, please just nullify Feingold's campaign. He literally did nothing but post half-answers to the debate questions.

Also, come on, Republicans! But the primaries are being really interesting.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 10:37:42 AM »

I apologize. It seems my laziness and my recent lack of interest in politics due to Spyro has caused me to just feel like I don't want to play this game. I deeply apologize but I don't think I'll be able to play this game.

If you're talking about Spyro the game; then right on! Haha. Been playing it myself, a ton of fun.

Well, what we really need right now is some activity on the Republican side; the Democratic primary has been plenty active and interesting.

Well, if no Republicans participate, how about we play some of the Republicans, at least one or two? I'm perfectly comfortable playing Gore, but I could cook up a campaign schedule for a GOPer too.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 10:21:06 PM »

Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 10:22:58 PM »

Jeanne Shaheen / Al Gore - 53.4% (Or the other way, if you prefer Peanut  Mock )
Dick Cheney / Steve Garvey - 46.6%

Beautiful map! (But yeah, flip the names Mock)
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 10:49:07 PM »

If we need more republicans, I could switch over.

If necessary, I could write some things for a Republican, but I don't want to switch from Gore.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 08:38:18 PM »

Prediction:

Delegates:
Al Gore: 1,164/2,161
Hillary Clinton: 1,102/2,161
Blanche Lincoln: 613/2,161
John Edwards: 582/2,161
John Kerry: 566/2,161
Jenenea Shaheen: 223/2,161

I think Lincoln does better in the South than that.

Other than Hillary maybe being more competitive in Arkansas, and giving Kerry New Hampshire, I don't know what other changes I'd make.

I'd say it's quite the appropriate map.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 08:40:46 PM »

If all goes well the Dems could have a nominee as early as March, or as late as at the DNC.

I do not believe it'll be that early. We're all running good campaigns, and I don't see any of us dropping out.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 09:02:54 PM »

Whoops...now I have to go back and delete several posts from last turn. (okay, maybe just the one thing in my schedule that has an Iowa rally... I can easily move that to this turn or next turn...It's not like I'm contesting D.C, anyways.)
I am just removing my GOTV strategy and my Edwards caucus video/ media talk

I'm keeping the GOTV strategy,because it doesn't really change, to be honest.

The results I need didn't really change, and if I keep them up, that means I don't have to put up a strategy summary until New Hampshire.
That is true, I might keep it up then

I'll just change the dates I put on some speeches and restructure my endorsers' schedules. The GOTV need not change.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies