Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.*** (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 03:39:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.*** (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden Cabinet Confirmation Live Thread ***hearings, votes, etc.***  (Read 105591 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« on: January 26, 2021, 02:00:31 PM »

She's been failing upwards for decades.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 12:41:43 PM »

I wonder if McConnell's apparent defeat was really just him gambling on the prospect of the Democratic caucus losing a member prior to a filibuster "breaking point."
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 09:24:14 PM »

I'd be shocked if Bernie does vote against Tanden. Yeah, she personally sucks, but why sink her when her replacement won't be nearly as friendly to leftist policy?

I'm undecided and obviously don't have the same information the Senate Democratic Caucus has as to the likeliest alternatives (Bruce Reed could be worse), but this looks like a bad gamble from my view in a way supporting other suboptimal nominees (e.g. Blinken) does not.

Competence and integrity matter and the beliefs she propounds count for little if they be abandoned under the slightest pressure. I could care less about the Twitter drama, but someone who takes bribes (and fails to hide them), busts unions and punches journalists is not the model of a capable Democratic Cabinet member. The wikileaks email in which she allegedly suggests the extortion of Libya could have been a tasteless joke but it looked like a deeply unserious idea proposed in a serious fashion - in other words, Trump-tier policy. Federal government is a tricky business and the last 4 years would suggest it's not well-suited to these.

At least she's a historic pick for representation. Many Cabinet members have failed upwards, but she must be the first to fail upwards through the glass ceiling.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 08:21:11 AM »

Do you hear that? It's the sound of ten thousand keyboard warriors gritting their teeth as they realise the Kulinski approach to old tweets is their only path to a Cabinet position.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 10:11:53 AM »

Rahm being made Ambassador to Japan is fine.  He won’t do any damage there and he was always gonna get something.

I still hope he's just going to be told to sod off and "Learn to code".
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 08:04:51 PM »

Go off King

Tanden needs to be worried about Sinema. Sinema can the deal the death blow to Tanden's nomination. She's been silent so far.

I'd guess Murkowski is more likely to reject Tanden than Sanders or Sinema and (assuming she doesn't have an ace up her sleeve in the form of another Republican Senator), she needs all three.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies