Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:39:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!  (Read 33730 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2013, 08:38:19 PM »

Interesting choice. Will be intriguing to see how well he fills my very large shoes.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #276 on: August 30, 2013, 09:42:56 PM »

You deserve credit for making a good pick I think Spiral has the sort of enthusiasm that I like to see.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #277 on: September 01, 2013, 10:39:49 AM »

Endorsed.  I think Spiral is a decent choice for Lt. Governor.  There's a lot I still want to do in the Assembly anyway.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #278 on: September 01, 2013, 09:47:51 PM »

The following has passed (on a side note, perhaps you should change this to say it's also the office of you for Governor... confused me for a minute there):

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #279 on: September 02, 2013, 03:11:45 AM »

The following has passed (on a side note, perhaps you should change this to say it's also the office of you for Governor... confused me for a minute there):

Well, now you know where to find my office anyway. Tongue

Canadian Mideast Citizenship Act

ZuWo
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #280 on: September 02, 2013, 05:30:12 PM »

The following bill has passed the Assembly:

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #281 on: September 03, 2013, 12:09:33 AM »

Endorsed! You have done an excellent job leading this fine region and Spiral seems to have the energy to be a great running mate.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #282 on: September 03, 2013, 02:23:36 PM »

A-Bob Research Center has conducted a poll on the Mideast government during the last days. The full results can be viewed here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=178536.0

While Lt. Governor Cathcon, Lt. Governor candidate Spiral and myself have reason to be pleased with the poll's results, we invite those who disapprove of our job performance to voice their concerns.

While I am aware that there is always room to improve, I think that our administration has taken many measures which benefit the Mideast. During this and the previous Assembly session, we have introduced nine pieces of legislation or amendments and promoted activity and debate in our region. Thanks to the support of the Assembly we managed to pass a budget with a considerable surplus. In addition, we have shown that we want to work with all political forces in the Mideast by appointing an independent, a Federalist, a Liberal and a Laborite to various vacant seats. All in all, we have governed in a non-ideological way and tried to find the best solutions for our region. With your support, Spiral and I would like to continue that.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #283 on: September 05, 2013, 02:30:26 PM »

Defending the Mideast and our system of federalism

Plans have been made to call for a new constitutional convention with the goal to rewrite the basic document of Atlasian democracy. During the recent days and weeks it has become evident that there are a number of Atlasians who seek "radical reform" and the abolition of the regional governments.

Spiral and I take a clear stand against this proposal.

We believe that the current federalist system is the major factor for diversity in Atlasia. Were the regional governments to be abolished and replaced by a bicameral legislature, Atlasia would gradually turn into a monolithic centralist state. Additionally, new players would have fewer opportunities in Atlasia as they could no longer choose to start their career at the smaller regional level.

We appreciate the various histories and political cultures of the Mideast, IDS, Midwest, Pacific and the Northeast. There is no doubt that all of us have to make an effort to bring the Pacific back on track, but destroying what makes Atlasia valuable and exciting cannot be the right solution. Join us in our attempt to defend the Mideast and the diverse Atlasian regions. Together we can do it. Smiley 
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #284 on: September 06, 2013, 02:43:22 AM »

Plans have been made to call for a new constitutional convention with the goal to rewrite the basic document of Atlasian democracy. During the recent days and weeks it has become evident that there are a number of Atlasians who seek "radical reform" and the abolition of the regional governments.
Speaking as someone who signed the petition, I'm not actually sure whether I favour the abolition of regional governments or whatever.
I do think, however, that The People need to be able to decide the shape of their government and that it is high time we had a proper discussion about this, and that is why I support a new Convention.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #285 on: September 06, 2013, 03:10:06 AM »

Speaking as someone who signed the petition, I'm not actually sure whether I favour the abolition of regional governments or whatever.
I do think, however, that The People need to be able to decide the shape of their government and that it is high time we had a proper discussion about this, and that is why I support a new Convention.

Well, the people decided the shape of their government back when they adopted the current constitution. If there is need for reform the current amendment process seems sufficient to me.

Anyway, it's good that you put your cards on the table and state what you want, but when I look at what others have said I can't help but believe that there is a sizable number of people who want to use a new constitutional convention to weaken the regions or abolish them altogether. This and the fact that I like the constitution we have makes me oppose a new constitutional convention.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #286 on: September 07, 2013, 05:01:06 PM »

I agree, except I would add that I also oppose the dissolution of the regions.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #287 on: September 08, 2013, 01:42:01 AM »

All that is being propose is consolidation.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #288 on: September 08, 2013, 07:49:39 AM »

All that is being propose is consolidation.

Which is why I signed the petition for ConCon Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #289 on: September 08, 2013, 08:57:59 AM »

The "Amendment to the Underage Labor Guidelines of 2012 Act" - an example of cross-partisan cooperation for the benefit of the Mideast

I am optimistic that the Mideast Assembly is going to pass the amendment to the "Underage Labor Guidelines of 2012 Act". The aim of the amendment can be summarized as follows: More teenagers should be able to find a summer job or other part-time work so companies must have an incentive to hire them. The full text of the bill and the entire debate can be read in this thread. Among other things, this is what the amendment does:

- We are going to lower the minimum age of underage employees.
- Underage employees can work full shifts at weekends during the school year and the same amount of hours as an adult employee during the summer holidays.
- There is a mandatory rest period between 10PM and 7AM.
- Underage employees are paid at least 60% of the federal minimum wage for the first 75 days of employment (i.e. in a typical summer job scenario) and 90% after this period.

While debates on labor issues are often poisoned by unnecessarily heated rhetoric at the federal level, I am proud that the Mideast Assembly, which is is made up by two Federalists, a Liberal and two Laborites, has been able to deal with this and other issues in a calm and issue-based way. Njall, who has put a great deal of effort into this bill, certainly deserves to be mentioned in a very positive way.

Looking back on the entire Assembly session, I would also like to stress Oldiesfreak's productivity, Inks' efficient work as Speaker and shua's important "Mass Transit Reform Act" and valuable input on countless other occasions. Based on their performance, these four Assemblymembers absolutely deserve to be re-elected.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #290 on: September 08, 2013, 09:45:38 AM »

Damn me, y'know? This is just the type of thing I should've voiced my opinion on and attempted to add to, but was too busy being Lt. Governor to do so. Dammit. I'm guessing it's too late to amend?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2013, 09:50:11 AM »

Damn me, y'know? This is just the type of thing I should've voiced my opinion on and attempted to add to, but was too busy being Lt. Governor to do so. Dammit. I'm guessing it's too late to amend?

No, debate is still open. Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #292 on: September 08, 2013, 09:57:17 AM »

No, debate is still open. Wink

Heading to breakfast soon, but today's a homework day, so I should have tons of time to go over it and insert something if I think it's called for. Pet issue type of thing.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #293 on: September 08, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »

We might have differences in issues such as regional reform, but enthusiastically endorsed!
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #294 on: September 08, 2013, 02:58:28 PM »

Thank you, Governor, and everyone else who has endorsed us. Smiley
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #295 on: September 08, 2013, 03:20:16 PM »

We do differ in a lot of ways, but you are a very active, and a very good governor of the people of the Mideast. So I am endorsing you.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #296 on: September 08, 2013, 03:29:01 PM »

Many thanks! Now imagine an Atlasia without diverse regions - it would be impossible to have a conservative governor like me. Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #297 on: September 08, 2013, 11:03:32 PM »

The following bill has passed:

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #298 on: September 09, 2013, 01:42:37 PM »

I think we can afford this at this juncture and I also believe that this is a smart investment. Thus, I sign the "Mideast Transit Reform Act"

X ZuWo
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #299 on: September 09, 2013, 10:51:54 PM »

I think we can afford this at this juncture and I also believe that this is a smart investment. Thus, I sign the "Mideast Transit Reform Act"

X ZuWo

Thank you Governor!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies