Are you 100% pro-life? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:49:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are you 100% pro-life? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are you?
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Are you 100% pro-life?  (Read 5792 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: July 12, 2007, 09:53:50 AM »

Is there anyone else out there who values the sancity of human life and erring on the side of life as much as I do?  I find it ridiculous the amount of criticism I get for this position, there is no reason not to be 100% pro-life if you are pro-life at all.  Supporting exceptions is another way of saying, "Yeah I know they'll find loopholes don't I only care about the issue for personal gain."
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 11:26:32 AM »

Are you discussing abortion alone, or are you really 100% pro-life that you can't see any case in which someone should die before it's their natural time (ie, execution, war, etc)?

On Abortion, no, I am not 100% pro-life.  I believe that abortions should be reserved for cases of rape, incest, or risk to the mothers life, but that is it. 

I was specifically concerning abortion, however, I do consider myself 100% pro-life all-around because I don't see how being for war makes you not pro-life.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 01:47:05 PM »

Is there anyone else out there who values the sancity of human life and erring on the side of life as much as I do?  I find it ridiculous the amount of criticism I get for this position, there is no reason not to be 100% pro-life if you are pro-life at all.  Supporting exceptions is another way of saying, "Yeah I know they'll find loopholes don't I only care about the issue for personal gain."

Given that you think that women with ectopic pregnancies should die along with the embryo, I don't exactly think you count as 100% pro-life.

I feel it is more moral to take a chance that both live than to make sure one is killed.  If the baby is already dead, then the procedure is no longer an abortion in my book.  Again, this issue is very personal to me as I have explained before as my mother had an 85% chance of dying if she gave birth to me, but you chose to take the risk and we both live happily and healthy now.  I do not believe if I would have died or been aborted my mother could have continued.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 01:51:01 PM »

I do consider myself 100% pro-life all-around because I don't see how being for war makes you not pro-life.

There are some that don't live in war.

The goal of abortion is murder, the goal of war is not death
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 02:24:22 PM »

I do consider myself 100% pro-life all-around because I don't see how being for war makes you not pro-life.

You just may be more foolish than Naso.

I suppose you also support the death penalty?

That must be the hundreth time someone on this forum has made that incorrect assertion, in fact I believe you did once in fact Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 07:26:27 AM »

You just may be more foolish than Naso.

I suppose you also support the death penalty?

That must be the hundreth time someone on this forum has made that incorrect assertion, in fact I believe you did once in fact Tongue

Hmm I wonder how some people might come to that conclusion....

Capital Punishment: Support, you might say I'm hypocritical, but it is killing an evil human, not an innocent child or sickly person.

As I have expressed in numerous threads since, my opinion has changed because I evaluated statistics and the fact that it was costing too much money to kill someone.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 04:39:54 PM »

This gets into the definition of 100% pro-life.  I see being pro-life as being 100% against unnecessary loss of human life.  War does not count because it is necessary in some instances for survival, and the lose of animal life is necessary for the life of human survival so that does not bother me.  I define unnecessary loss of life as any abortion, euthanasia, physhican-assisted suicide, or the death penalty.  Considering I oppose in 100% of cases, I believe myself to be 100% pro-life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies