PRE-ELECTION CHATTER THREAD (SENATE/HOUSE RACES) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:49:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PRE-ELECTION CHATTER THREAD (SENATE/HOUSE RACES) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PRE-ELECTION CHATTER THREAD (SENATE/HOUSE RACES)  (Read 19223 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: November 02, 2010, 11:15:48 AM »

Philadelphia turnout is apparently lower than usual with machine problems, too.

Great news for Toomey.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 11:22:57 AM »

Because he used to represent the district? They also said Allentown turnout seemed to be up in the article, and that's an area Sestak should win.

Yeah, he used to represent the district and remains popular there. Allentown turnout being higher, however, might just offset that.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 01:25:52 PM »

I've also been hearing what J.J. noticed.

Rendell and Casey are walking around and telling random black people in Philly to vote, apparently.

http://blogs.mcall.com/penn_ave/2010/11/rendell-to-philly-voters-gop-trying-to-screw-the-president.html

The bit at the end about people seeming to be more firmly behind Sestak than Onorato is interesting (not exactly surprising though).

You mean that Onorato sounds like the type of guy who might lock them up in jail if they stray too far from their area?

Here's why Onorato will lag when it comes to black support: Corbett has the backing of some black clergy groups. In fact, I have some friends in the field today that noticed Sestak and Onorato being "pushed" (that's our word for emphasizing certain candidates) at polling places in North Philly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 01:47:08 PM »

Rendell and Casey are walking around and telling random black people in Philly to vote, apparently.

This was yesterday, by the way, though I'm sure they are out doing the same today.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 02:54:06 PM »

Muhlenberg Exit Poll in PA from 7-10 AM:

Toomey - 51%

Sestak - 47%

I'm thinking this was just a rounding error since 2% of voters clearly aren't writing someone in for this race.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 03:05:05 PM »

Muhlenberg Exit Poll in PA from 7-10 AM:

Toomey - 51%

Sestak - 47%

I'm thinking this was just a rounding error since 2% of voters clearly aren't writing someone in for this race.

Uh... ? That'd be pretty decent for Sestak, no? Democrats tend to come out at night...

No, Republicans usually do.

And realize that this poll was only for 7-10 AM. These are usually the best hours for the Dems.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 03:37:40 PM »

Yeah, that exit poll better not be from PA 15 because Toomey is supposed to have strong numbers out of the region.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 04:36:10 PM »

Are we getting any turnout from across PA?Huh
MSNBC just said that Phila was doing about the same as 2006 (which was my conclusion).

They think it helps Sestack.  I think he needs more than 2006 to win this one.

I think Brady said they need 400,000 votes out of Philadelphia this year. They received about 360,000 in 2006.

Are we getting any turnout from across PA?Huh

I heard things are very good for us.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 05:22:48 PM »

According to two sources (one being a respected, non-partisan Philly watchdog group), only two precincts in Philadelphia are reporting turnout over 30%.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 05:30:15 PM »

According to two sources (one being a respected, non-partisan Philly watchdog group), only two precincts in Philadelphia are reporting turnout over 30%.

It should be higher than that, based on my count, but probably mid to upper 30's in Black precincts.

Apparently, the Committee of 70 was sampling all of the divisions in the city so I think I'll trust their count.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 05:49:55 PM »

60% Republican turnout in Bucks county. Huge numbers for Republicans in Butler and Washington counties.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies