GA/NC - CBS/YouGov: Biden +4 in NC and +1 in GA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 12:20:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  GA/NC - CBS/YouGov: Biden +4 in NC and +1 in GA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA/NC - CBS/YouGov: Biden +4 in NC and +1 in GA  (Read 3063 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: August 02, 2020, 01:27:35 PM »

It's going to take a month to count the votes in GA if even 35% of voters use a mail ballot.

Also obligatory "it's just not there yet"
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 10:43:35 AM »
« Edited: August 04, 2020, 11:00:10 AM by Biden/Abrams Voter »

Biden needs to continue to push hard here, especially for NC.

Can't speak for NC but I'm starting to see a lot more Biden ads over the last few days in Georgia.

In the Chatt media market here: have been seeing Ossoff TV ads for over a month, but have yet to see a Biden ad (and certainly nothing from Warnock or Lieberman; granted I do not watch much television, so maybe they're there now but I've yet to spot one despite seeing plenty of Ossoff primetime pitches).

This isn't particularly unusual given that ~70% of the Chatt media market isn't in GA, but generally "serious" Democratic candidates bite the bullet & do advertise here at least at some point (Carter, Nunn, Abrams all ran ads here - along with Evans in the '18 primary given this was her ancestral home).

Media market-wise, GA simultaneously has an advantage and disadvantage. On one hand, a majority of the state is in one media market. On the other hand, pretty much everybody else is in a media market that significantly overlaps with other states (Columbus, Augusta, Savannah, Albany, Chattanooga all have significant minorities or majorities of their markets out-of-state). Macon is the only other real media market that's wholly contained in-state. Nevertheless, well-funded and credible candidates do generally spend across all of these markets, while the less serious ones focus on Atlanta with a sprinkle of ads in Macon. If Biden is seriously contesting GA, then there should be ads running consistently in all 7 of those MMs I mentioned.

In the end and as far as "Generic State" goes, I think the advantage/disadvantage balances out (i.e. there are plenty of states with multiple mid-sized media markets contained in-state (NC), states with multiple larger markets but a few split-state ones (OH), states with tons of media markets in general (TX), etc) so credible Democratic statewide candidates should be spending in all of them relative to what candidates in many other competitive states have to spend/do.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies