who do you THINK will win the Republican nomination? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:59:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  who do you THINK will win the Republican nomination? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: who do you THINK will win the Republican nomination?  (last Intrade transaction price in brackets)
Rudy Giuliani [44.8]

Mitt Romney [27.0]

Mike Huckabee [8.3]

John McCain [7.0]

Ron Paul [6.0]

Fred Thompson [5.3]

Condoleeza Rice [2.0]

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 48

Author Topic: who do you THINK will win the Republican nomination?  (Read 10466 times)
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« on: November 22, 2007, 08:41:25 PM »

Still Rudy, and personally I'm more sure of my vote this month than last month, where I nearly switched over to Romney.

Personally, I think that Huck helps Giuliani out.  If Romney is still competitive in IA but loses, I think he gets the major hit in NH, not Rudy.  Michigan being returned to the 15th also helps Rudy out, as, if Romney takes a hit from IA (and even further, NH), Rudy can take MI and put himself in a very good position to hold through Super Tuesday.  Even should he lose SC, he's got FL in the bag, still.

Essentially, Huck decreases Romney's chances more than Giuliani's chances, without Huck passing Giuliani himself.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 11:54:51 PM »

...Even should he lose SC, he's got FL in the bag, still....

This is about right, though no state is in the bag at this point in the game.

And the recent polling out of FL (showing Huckabee doing rather well) proves that point quite nicely.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 01:15:17 AM »

Still Rudy, and personally I'm more sure of my vote this month than last month, where I nearly switched over to Romney.

Personally, I think that Huck helps Giuliani out.  If Romney is still competitive in IA but loses, I think he gets the major hit in NH, not Rudy.  Michigan being returned to the 15th also helps Rudy out, as, if Romney takes a hit from IA (and even further, NH), Rudy can take MI and put himself in a very good position to hold through Super Tuesday.  Even should he lose SC, he's got FL in the bag, still.

Essentially, Huck decreases Romney's chances more than Giuliani's chances, without Huck passing Giuliani himself.

If you replace "Rudy" with "McCain" everywhere, this isn't too bad... Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies