Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:42:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 181628 times)
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« on: May 06, 2016, 09:03:32 AM »

With Carson heading the committee maybe that keeps him from actually getting the spot.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 06:00:56 PM »

My view is that, to win, Trump needs to choose an "attack dog", someone who has a similar temperament, will back up Trump, and has similarly styled rhetoric.  That would back up his status as an outsider.  If he picks a generic politician, it just won't work and might end up being rather awkward.  Trump needs somebody that is willing to get up on stage and scream with him.  I don't know if he will do that.

I really don't get why Gingrich is on the list.  It's not like he comes from a swing state or has any characteristics other than being conservative that Trump needs.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 01:23:01 PM »

I personally support Webb for VP, though Schweitzer seems a more likely option that I would support.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 10:10:45 AM »

It's safe to say by this point that Hillary cannot afford to pick a centrist/center-left running-mate like Tim Kaine, not if she is to have any hope of reconciling with Sanders' supporters (not to mention Bernie himself) and get them energized for November.  There's a host of other, more substantive changes that would need to be made to the Democratic Party, but picking a running-mate that could gin up enthusiasm for Hillary would be an excellent start.  
This makes sense, but I really don't think the most staunch Sanders supporters will vote Clinton unless she chooses Sanders.  Warren and the like will probably not generate enough support amongst those progressives.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 03:27:56 PM »

Is there any actual information that suggests Webb might be Trump's running mate?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies