Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:34:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 91
Author Topic: Clinton VP news LATEST: Podesta now calling the losers to tell them its not them  (Read 179684 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 05, 2016, 06:35:17 PM »
« edited: May 05, 2016, 06:49:54 PM by Mr. Morden »

From the CNN app: Perry is open to being Trump's running mate. He also plans to support him.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/05/politics/rick-perry-endorses-donald-trump/index.html
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2016, 07:50:34 PM »

Rand Paul (sort of) endorses Trump:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/natemcdermott/rand-paul-on-trump-ive-always-said-ill-endorse-the-nominee

I know Trump and Rand haven't been good friends in the past, but a lot of people (not me) want Rand to be Trump's VP
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2016, 07:50:50 PM »

I've been hearing rumblings about Jim Webb.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2016, 08:00:50 PM »

No way that doesn't lead to a floor fight at the convention.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2016, 08:02:00 PM »

No way that doesn't lead to a floor fight at the convention.
They'll do a acclamation vote, and regardless of what happens, Paul Ryan will bang the gabble and say the nays have it.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #205 on: May 06, 2016, 03:05:52 AM »

New Mexico isn't in the West Coast and Martinez has publicly spoken out against Trump. She doesn't want her name associated with him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/04/19/new-mexico-gov-susana-martinez-makes-sharp-critique-of-trump-at-rga-donor-event/

Yes, Martinez may find it difficult to be Trump's second, but I don't think their relationship would be as contentious as, say, LBJ and Kennedy. Is she really out of the question?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2016, 03:22:46 AM »

New Mexico isn't in the West Coast and Martinez has publicly spoken out against Trump. She doesn't want her name associated with him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/04/19/new-mexico-gov-susana-martinez-makes-sharp-critique-of-trump-at-rga-donor-event/

Yes, Martinez may find it difficult to be Trump's second, but I don't think their relationship would be as contentious as, say, LBJ and Kennedy. Is she really out of the question?

If she doesn't want to do it, then she doesn't want to do it.  I don't think she's going to be convinced by someone telling her "But other vice presidents hated their presidents too."
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2016, 03:35:14 AM »

I forget if this was already posted, but Portman says he won’t do it, because he’s busy with his reelection campaign:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/05/rob-portman-no-trump-vice-president-222848

Meanwhile, Trump estimated the chances of him picking one of his former rivals for the nomination as VP at “probably a 40 percent chance”:

http://www.politico.com/trump-vice-president-pick
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #208 on: May 06, 2016, 05:52:56 AM »

Trump reiterates that he’s aiming to pick someone who’ll help him pass things in Congress:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/05/trump-on-vp-search-looking-for-candidate-with-congressional-ties.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2016, 07:18:51 AM »

Despite Carson's claims to the contrary, Trump says he definitely won't pick a Democrat as his running mate:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-no-democrat-vice-president-222885
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2016, 08:13:21 AM »

Bill Nelson is asked about the NYT story that suggested his name was among those in consideration for Clinton’s veep.  He deflects the question, by saying that it’s “too premature” to talk about veep candidates:

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/politics/2016/05/05/nelson-talks-sanders-and-zika/83981612/

Thune responds to the veep question anew:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/columnists/stu-whitney/2016/05/05/john-thune-senator-south-dakota-trump-stu-whitney-president/83973994/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2016, 09:03:32 AM »

With Carson heading the committee maybe that keeps him from actually getting the spot.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2016, 09:18:13 AM »

My gut says when all is said and done and the pick is announced it will be one of these two as Trumps VP choice: Martinez or Rubio. Starting to think Rubio will be the pick the more i read.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2016, 11:38:44 AM »

Despite Carson's claims to the contrary, Trump says he definitely won't pick a Democrat as his running mate:

The question is, does this actually rule out Webb?

Third-hand word from the WHCD is that Castro and Brown are off of Clinton's shortlist.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2016, 12:17:16 PM »

The question is, does this actually rule out Webb?

Third-hand word from the WHCD is that Castro and Brown are off of Clinton's shortlist.

RIP OC.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »

Castro and Brown are off of Clinton's shortlist.

Please let this be true. I will feel so much more confident if he is not on the ticket.

No Sherrod Brown makes me sad, but we need him in the Senate.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2016, 12:50:50 PM »

Castro and Brown are off of Clinton's shortlist.

Please let this be true. I will feel so much more confident if he is not on the ticket.

No Sherrod Brown makes me sad, but we need him in the Senate.

I would be happy about this. I want to be proven wrong that the Democrats have let identity politics drive them insane.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2016, 12:53:37 PM »

My source also said Kaine was on the rise, but I'd take it all with a grain of salt. A third-hand source being what it is.
Fargobison

« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2016, 01:08:47 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2016, 01:11:25 PM by Fargobison »

My gut says when all is said and done and the pick is announced it will be one of these two as Trumps VP choice: Martinez or Rubio. Starting to think Rubio will be the pick the more i read.

Martinez has no interest and why should she? It would be political suicide.

As for Rubio...

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/727667273117409280
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2016, 03:45:12 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2016, 03:48:17 PM by 2016election »

Yes having probably about a 45% chance to be Vice President is career suicide for her....are you kidding me???

And if Trump wins, like he has been, she almost certainly would be the nominee following him and have been VP and governor of NM; but yeah who would want that...

Man o man some of you need a serious reality check about Trumps chances in the general along with the HUGE opportunity for someone to become Vice President of the United States.

A Hispanic woman with governor experience and than VP experience would almost certainly lead to her being president after Trump if he can get this crappy economy going over the next 8 years.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2016, 04:04:48 PM »

What evidence do you have that Trump can surmount the massive demographic wall that faces him?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2016, 04:06:38 PM »

Yes having probably about a 45% chance to be Vice President is career suicide for her....are you kidding me???

And if Trump wins, like he has been, she almost certainly would be the nominee following him and have been VP and governor of NM; but yeah who would want that...

Man o man some of you need a serious reality check about Trumps chances in the general along with the HUGE opportunity for someone to become Vice President of the United States.

A Hispanic woman with governor experience and than VP experience would almost certainly lead to her being president after Trump if he can get this crappy economy going over the next 8 years.

It isn't the odds of losing that would kill her career, it's the poison of associating not herself with a sexist bigot who she probably despises, regardless of politics.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2016, 04:11:00 PM »

For one thing, Martinez hates Trump. For another thing, she's the guardian/caretaker of her disabled sister. There are also a few accusations of corruption here and there.

Rubio is a more likely pick, but he's still a borderline robotic empty suit.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2016, 04:11:06 PM »

You understand that being Trump's VP means pretty much breaking up forever with most of her family and friends, yes? All for the privillege, at best, of being humiliated in public on a daly basis for the next 4 to 8 years in DC (if Trump wins) or being tarred, feathered and run out of her state (if he looses).
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2016, 05:22:35 PM »

You understand that being Trump's VP means pretty much breaking up forever with most of her family and friends, yes? All for the privillege, at best, of being humiliated in public on a daly basis for the next 4 to 8 years in DC (if Trump wins) or being tarred, feathered and run out of her state (if he looses).

This is a good point.  Martinez's family is Democratic, as is her husband's family.  She would never be forgiven for teaming up with Trump.

I have no clue if they are, but this is of minor import. More importantly, they are Hispanics - that trumps the party affiliation at this point. She could have become a VP for Cruz, Bush, Rubio, Kasich, Ryan or whoever else without a problem. But going for Trump means  insulting everybody around her.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies