Why are "socially liberal but fiscally moderate/conservative" people so hated? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:31:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Why are "socially liberal but fiscally moderate/conservative" people so hated? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why are "socially liberal but fiscally moderate/conservative" people so hated?  (Read 3791 times)
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« on: June 25, 2018, 01:08:05 PM »

Because we've been in charge for the past 40 years while all other losers have wasted their time whining on internet forums Smiley

But face it, we've actually been dominating the political elite almost everywhere for the past 40 years
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 06:18:06 AM »

Because you guys keep getting your way on everything and it's leading humanity down the drain.

We don't win elections, we win the minds and hearts of elected politicians. Social democrats, right-wing liberals, left-wing liberals, conservatives, Christian democrats, it doesn't matter. We win Smiley.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 02:25:38 PM »

Hillgoose obviously is a troll, don't feed him. But I also get triggered by terms like 'the greater good' or 'social cohesion'. Sure, when used properly they're great things. But too often has 'the greater good' been used to f**k people without any reason while social cohesion often meant that ruling social norms were strictly enforced. The animosity of the city has bad sides, but it also was a safe haven for people who didn't fit the social norms in rural areas where everybody knew each other.

(inb4 Cath says something about 'ye woke neoliberal')
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 10:29:25 AM »

DON'T *clap* FEED *clap* THE *clap* TROLL *clap*
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 03:03:02 PM »

Because the big mass media corporation are too biased supporting them, and everyone who receives too much support from the mass media become hated.

Mass media corporations love Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Tony Blair, Angela Merkel and Emmanuel Macron

Would you really call Merkel fiscally conservative and socially liberal? She's been very pragmatic on domestic economic issues (while imposing ruthless austerity on Greece lol) and she's not exactly liberal on social issues. She voted against gay marriage. Merkel is very much a (globalist) establishment creature, but being an establishment creature doesn't make you fiscally conservative/socially liberal.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 03:31:30 PM »

Because it's a vague and meaningless plattitude deployed by the terminally smug? See: "common sense solutions", "I don't have no ideology, I just use evidence based solutions" etc. It's the label a coward uses to avoid making a stand.

Surely, you believe there are people who have arrived at left-of-center policy views on social issues and right-of-center policy views on economic issues and aren't doing it to try to achieve some moral or intellectual superiority, yes?  I mean, I hope your main gripe is with the creation of the tagline.

I'm not sure whether you also have the same experience, but from my personal experience your average postgraduate anti-populist left-winger is much more insufferable than the average fiscally conservative/socially liberal person.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies