The Old Testament is one kick butt Daddy religion theological text isn't it? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:43:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The Old Testament is one kick butt Daddy religion theological text isn't it? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Old Testament is one kick butt Daddy religion theological text isn't it?  (Read 1573 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 17, 2011, 11:27:47 AM »
« edited: February 17, 2011, 11:32:40 AM by jmfcst »

Anyway, I would hate to meet this professor emeritus in court. He'd shred me. Smiley

the "professor" Emeritus is a loin, a Christian could easily shred his arguments.  Also,  Schlesinger, a Jew, didn't have to rely on the Law of Moses, and thus could have avoided arguments about Moses' Law by citing the creation account which precedes Moses' Law.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 12:06:37 PM »

That's Bronze Age literature for you Smiley

of course, you're purposely ignoring three facts:

1) the fact the instructions are independent of the level of technology, just as the New Testament teachings are independent of the level of technology.

2) the New Testament, written over a thousand years after the bronze age ended, affirms the Law of Moses as given by God.

3) the New Testament affirms that homosexuality is sinful and rooted in shameful lust
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 08:08:38 PM »

So the existance of a god (your god) is 'fact' now is it? You may call them opinion, you may call them beliefs but you cannot call them fact.

obviously, the facts I referred to was in reference to what is written, not the accuracy of what was written.

Example:  Saying, "It is a fact the bible says that God exists"  is not the same thing as saying, "It is a fact that God exists."

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 11:47:34 PM »

of course, there is Mother God imagery in Isaiah.
really the OT is quite varied. but what else would you expect coming from a millenium long tradition of writings?

"as a mother" does not equate to "is a mother"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies