NC-SEN 2020: Tar Heel Tillis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:55:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NC-SEN 2020: Tar Heel Tillis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43]
Author Topic: NC-SEN 2020: Tar Heel Tillis  (Read 74823 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: October 18, 2020, 12:11:08 AM »

I mean technically we don’t even know if Cal was cheating here. Never did any article say he planned on getting remarried or eliminating his current wife. Maybe he was just really good friends with his staffer, and was really bad at joking via text. Just because a guy is married doesn’t mean he can be good friends with a another girl. The more I think about it, the more I think all this criticism of Cal is purely speculative, and isn’t based on actual fact.

Wrong.

Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Cal Cunningham was asked repeatedly Friday whether he's had other extramarital affairs aside from one confirmed this week, but he declined to answer the questions.

Cunningham's campaign scheduled a virtual news conference to discuss the need for a better response from Congress to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, but every question he was asked was related to his affair with Arlene Guzman Todd, a public relations strategist from California and the wife of an Army veteran.

He acknowledged a week ago sending Guzman Todd inappropriate text messages, but she confirmed to The Associated Press on Tuesday that they had two in-person encounters: one in March in Los Angeles that she said did not include intimate contact and a second in July in North Carolina, where she said they were intimate.
https://www.wral.com/asked-four-times-whether-there-are-more-affairs-not-yet-known-cunningham-declined-to-say-yes-or-no/19328515/

This is a hot mess.  Fortunately, Democrats chances in NC-SEN are probably still above 50% because for obvious reasons Republicans look like massive hypocrites attacking Cummingham and we have the political wind at our backs.  The polling suggests this is true.

I made a small donation to Cummingham's campaign back in April.  I will not do that again.

Is Todd pregnant? No. At worst they had fake intercourse through the phone or something, since people need to be social distancing anyways because of COVID-19, and Cunningham doesn’t seem like the type of person who would go out of his way to disobey social distancing.

Read the story again.   She said they met in-person. 

Well duh. She worked for his campaign.

Are you suggesting they met in person and just talked? 

We need to win this seat but we should not be in denial.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1051 on: October 18, 2020, 08:52:04 AM »

I mean technically we don’t even know if Cal was cheating here. Never did any article say he planned on getting remarried or eliminating his current wife. Maybe he was just really good friends with his staffer, and was really bad at joking via text. Just because a guy is married doesn’t mean he can be good friends with a another girl. The more I think about it, the more I think all this criticism of Cal is purely speculative, and isn’t based on actual fact.

Wrong.

Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Cal Cunningham was asked repeatedly Friday whether he's had other extramarital affairs aside from one confirmed this week, but he declined to answer the questions.

Cunningham's campaign scheduled a virtual news conference to discuss the need for a better response from Congress to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, but every question he was asked was related to his affair with Arlene Guzman Todd, a public relations strategist from California and the wife of an Army veteran.

He acknowledged a week ago sending Guzman Todd inappropriate text messages, but she confirmed to The Associated Press on Tuesday that they had two in-person encounters: one in March in Los Angeles that she said did not include intimate contact and a second in July in North Carolina, where she said they were intimate.
https://www.wral.com/asked-four-times-whether-there-are-more-affairs-not-yet-known-cunningham-declined-to-say-yes-or-no/19328515/

This is a hot mess.  Fortunately, Democrats chances in NC-SEN are probably still above 50% because for obvious reasons Republicans look like massive hypocrites attacking Cummingham and we have the political wind at our backs.  The polling suggests this is true.

I made a small donation to Cummingham's campaign back in April.  I will not do that again.

Is Todd pregnant? No. At worst they had fake intercourse through the phone or something, since people need to be social distancing anyways because of COVID-19, and Cunningham doesn’t seem like the type of person who would go out of his way to disobey social distancing.

Read the story again.   She said they met in-person. 

Well duh. She worked for his campaign.

Are you suggesting they met in person and just talked? 

We need to win this seat but we should not be in denial.

I'm not trying to deny anything, but it's not like he met and he hurt her or smtg from what I gather. As long as they were social distancing I'm fine.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1052 on: October 18, 2020, 09:06:19 AM »

NC is trending D, there's nothing Rs can do about it since Forest said there shouldn't be any mask wearing and end to shutdowns and the same businesses the Rs protect mandate consumers to wear masks when they shop. Including public transportation buses
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1053 on: October 18, 2020, 06:32:58 PM »

LOL
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1054 on: October 18, 2020, 06:35:01 PM »

Two absolute Kings discuss the clown of the group.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1055 on: October 18, 2020, 07:09:03 PM »

LOL

Biden sounds pretty confident. Cooper certainly has every reason to be though.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1056 on: November 03, 2020, 08:39:31 PM »

Cal underperforming Biden by 2 pts.   NYT needle for NC is leaning Trump.
I think Tillis is going to win this.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1057 on: November 03, 2020, 08:40:00 PM »

Cal underperforming Biden by 2 pts.   NYT needle for NC is leaning Trump.
I think Tillis is going to win this.

It has swung back and forth there. I'd still bet on Cunningham being marginally more favoured.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1058 on: November 04, 2020, 03:08:06 AM »

Tillis is narrowly overperforming Trump.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1059 on: November 04, 2020, 06:20:38 AM »

Thom “43%” Tillis is on track to overperform Trump and win.  Smiley
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1060 on: November 04, 2020, 08:37:29 AM »

Cunningham had a sex scandal that's why he oost
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1061 on: November 04, 2020, 09:01:17 AM »

Thom “43%” Tillis is on track to overperform Trump and win.  Smiley

Yeah, I thought he was going to underpreform Trump and win by half a percent or so. Seems Undecideds in the Senate broke really heavily for Republicans last minute. Not jixing it, but it looks like the same could be said for Michigan (which doesn't have a thread, fsr). If James wins there, do you think people will call him a fluke?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies