Rand Paul Wants To Abolish The Americans With Disabilities Act! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:17:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rand Paul Wants To Abolish The Americans With Disabilities Act! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rand Paul Wants To Abolish The Americans With Disabilities Act!  (Read 30891 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: May 19, 2010, 11:21:11 AM »

Sounds like a good start.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 08:38:34 AM »

What is irrational about that? The 14th amendment only refers to elections. Just because it's been bastardized doesn't eliminate that fact.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 08:51:23 AM »

I didn't say the state franzl, I said private individuals. Govt as an entity doesn't have the sam right to discriminate like a private citizen does.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 09:03:05 AM »

Franzl, should ethnic businesses be forced to hire a different race or group? Should hooters be forced to hire men as waiters?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 09:20:23 AM »

And again, why should a private business not be allowed to discriminate?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 07:53:13 AM »

I feel nothing but the vilest contempt for Paul and his ilk on this issue.

Yes, because in this country their is only ever one "right" side of the debate and anyone who disagrees with the "popular" thought is "vile" or whatever choice pejorative some lib chooses.

Sorry Nym, their are VALID arguments in regards to many many laws in this country. To demonize someone who doesn't concur always with the other side is intellectually dishonest.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 08:01:35 AM »

States, political opinions are subjective....I see no reason not to feel contempt for a position that would affect a family member directly like Nym said.

By that thought I should oppose all drug legalization because my father died partially as a result of drugs and alcohol. Not that I don't honestly feel sympathy for Nyms plight, I really do, but should someone be a prohibitionist because their parent, sibling, spouse died of alcoholism?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 09:45:53 AM »

States, political opinions are subjective....I see no reason not to feel contempt for a position that would affect a family member directly like Nym said.

By that thought I should oppose all drug legalization because my father died partially as a result of drugs and alcohol. Not that I don't honestly feel sympathy for Nyms plight, I really do, but should someone be a prohibitionist because their parent, sibling, spouse died of alcoholism?

It's not quite the same thing. You aren't forced to buy alcohol or drugs if they're legal....whereas you are being denied a right if you're disabled in this case.

The problem with the media is when someone opposes points in a popular bill they scream that the opponent wants to eliminate the entirety of the bill. Randi Rhodes was claiming yesterday that Rand Paul is a segregationist who hates the disabled, etc. I highly doubt Paul would want to get rid of the entire bill. I know I certainly wouldn't but I am sure their are problems with that bill, like any other.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies