DC Unrest Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:54:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  DC Unrest Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 197
Author Topic: DC Unrest Megathread  (Read 271894 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: January 06, 2021, 09:22:01 PM »

Is there a channel/feed just showing the Senate only?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1726 on: January 06, 2021, 09:22:21 PM »

Josh Hawley is a piece of s**t.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #1727 on: January 06, 2021, 09:22:25 PM »

Notice how Hawley looks directly into the camera. He’s not talking to his fellow senators, he’s telling the MAGA cult “Please vote for me in ‘24”.
F#%k him for grandstanding.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1728 on: January 06, 2021, 09:22:31 PM »

Now that the dust has settled, I hope we can all at least recognize that those calling for the police to fire on the protestors was absolutely insane.  They handled the situation absolutely appropriately and minimized the carnage.  The Congress is already back in session and it doesn't appear that there is any irreparable damage.  It could have been a LOT worse if people had let their emotions direct them.

Nope!

Yeah.  You're gross.

A fascist coup was attempted in our nation's capital by a horde of doughy incels, and the Capitol Police literally opened the gates to let them in. If that doesn't earn your condemnation, then you are beyond the event horizon of authoritarianism.
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1729 on: January 06, 2021, 09:22:34 PM »

Hawley is a massive turd whose smell will permeate the Capitol as long as it stands.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1730 on: January 06, 2021, 09:22:40 PM »

It boggles my mind someone so stupid could have graduated from Yale Law school.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #1731 on: January 06, 2021, 09:22:43 PM »

CSPAN2, I would imagine
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1732 on: January 06, 2021, 09:22:52 PM »

God f**k yourself Hawley you transparent douchebag
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #1733 on: January 06, 2021, 09:23:43 PM »

Today, Horseface Hawley's '24 prospects went to the glue factory.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1734 on: January 06, 2021, 09:23:51 PM »

lol  Cheesy

How did the Germans end up being the same ones?

How did a fake account get 173k likes?

I mean, it is still funny. But I do suspect a lot of people didn't realize it was a parody account.
I assumed it was fake but thought it was hilarious.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1735 on: January 06, 2021, 09:24:08 PM »

Hawley was using the events today to legitimize his objections. That what he is doing is the proper course of action. Very gross.
compucomp

« Reply #1736 on: January 06, 2021, 09:24:10 PM »

Now that the dust has settled, I hope we can all at least recognize that those calling for the police to fire on the protestors was absolutely insane.  They handled the situation absolutely appropriately and minimized the carnage.  The Congress is already back in session and it doesn't appear that there is any irreparable damage.  It could have been a LOT worse if people had let their emotions direct them.

Are you nuts? The riot got inside the Capitol while the joint session was taking place! I don't know how close the coup was to taking hostage/executing all Democratic members of Congress, but it was too damn close. Those post-9/11 "terrorist protocols" proved their worth today, but what the hell was security doing? They gave way without seemingly any resistance! And you're still saying they handled the situation "appropriately"?
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1737 on: January 06, 2021, 09:24:18 PM »

It does sound like Hawley is now not going to object to Pennsylvania.
It's Perro Sanxe wot won it
Mimoha
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -5.22

« Reply #1738 on: January 06, 2021, 09:24:41 PM »

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1739 on: January 06, 2021, 09:25:02 PM »

I just keep thinking how the midterms and 2024 will look for the GOP after today.

Don't expect a Democratic landslide. Much of the Republican base approves of what happened today, and we saw how 2020 turned out. But I think that the Democrats, if they turnout at high rates like they did last year and for the Georgia runoffs, stand a good chance of holding their ground and overcoming the Republicans in the next two election cycles.

Basically my thoughts are in states where Republicans are reliant on suburban support like Az, GA, and TX this won't go too well for them, but in like WI and IA they rely on rural, so this'll have little impact there

I don't want to hear anyone say I'm too "condescending" toward these people ever again.

Yeah today's events make me so glad that I left the GOP, but I remind everyone that we were warned about this 4 years ago by Hillary Clinton, and too many, including myself didn't listen, but look at how accurate this is now:

"And if you have read about the ones he says he’s likely to support, he’s not kidding. In fact, if you look at his running mate, his running-mate signed a law that would have allowed businesses to discriminate against LGBT Americans. And there’s so much more than I find deplorable in his campaign: the way that he cozies up to white supremacist, makes racist attacks, calls women pigs, mocks people with disabilities — you can’t make this up. He wants to round up and deport 16 million people, calls our military a disaster. And every day he says something else which I find so personally offensive, but also dangerous.

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?

[Laughter/applause]

The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people — now how 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.

"---Hillary Clinton, October 2016

She was mocked for this, but literally all of it came true
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1740 on: January 06, 2021, 09:26:15 PM »

I'm skimming Free Republic right now to see what the reaction to this is within the right-wing bubble. Looks like two of the main lines of argument are "the rioters were all Antifa dressed as Trump supporters" and "Trump really needs to release all the evidence of fraud soon or things are going to get really bad."
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1741 on: January 06, 2021, 09:26:29 PM »

Josh Hawley should be removed from office.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1742 on: January 06, 2021, 09:26:42 PM »

MSNBC reporting that Elaine Chao is considering resignation tonight.

DONT RESIGN UNTIL YOU REMOVE HIM FROM OFFICE.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1743 on: January 06, 2021, 09:26:48 PM »

I just keep thinking how the midterms and 2024 will look for the GOP after today.

Don't expect a Democratic landslide. Much of the Republican base approves of what happened today, and we saw how 2020 turned out. But I think that the Democrats, if they turnout at high rates like they did last year and for the Georgia runoffs, stand a good chance of holding their ground and overcoming the Republicans in the next two election cycles.

Basically my thoughts are in states where Republicans are reliant on suburban support like Az, GA, and TX this won't go too well for them, but in like WI and IA they rely on rural, so this'll have little impact there

I don't want to hear anyone say I'm too "condescending" toward these people ever again.

Yeah today's events make me so glad that I left the GOP, but I remind everyone that we were warned about this 4 years ago by Hillary Clinton, and too many, including myself didn't listen, but look at how accurate this is now:

"And if you have read about the ones he says he’s likely to support, he’s not kidding. In fact, if you look at his running mate, his running-mate signed a law that would have allowed businesses to discriminate against LGBT Americans. And there’s so much more than I find deplorable in his campaign: the way that he cozies up to white supremacist, makes racist attacks, calls women pigs, mocks people with disabilities — you can’t make this up. He wants to round up and deport 16 million people, calls our military a disaster. And every day he says something else which I find so personally offensive, but also dangerous.

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?

[Laughter/applause]

The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people — now how 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.

"---Hillary Clinton, October 2016

She was mocked for this, but literally all of it came true

Another reason she deserves the Medal of Freedom. The only thing she was ever wrong about was the “basket of deplorables” comment. It was actually 100% of Trump supporters!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1744 on: January 06, 2021, 09:27:01 PM »

ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #1745 on: January 06, 2021, 09:27:22 PM »

Here's Romney!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1746 on: January 06, 2021, 09:27:27 PM »

I'm skimming Free Republic right now to see what the reaction to this is within the right-wing bubble. Looks like two of the main lines of argument are "the rioters were all Antifa dressed as Trump supporters" and "Trump really needs to release all the evidence of fraud soon or things are going to get really bad."
Not too shocking. I wouldn't expect anything different.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1747 on: January 06, 2021, 09:27:53 PM »

Romney on
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #1748 on: January 06, 2021, 09:28:16 PM »

Biden should put Hillary in his cabinet after today.
randomusername

« Reply #1749 on: January 06, 2021, 09:28:30 PM »

He's not mincing words.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 197  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies