2016 Republican Nomination Poll - April 2015
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:14:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  2016 Republican Nomination Poll - April 2015
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who will win the republican nomination in 2016?
Chris Christie

Scott Walker

Jeb Bush

Ted Cruz

Mike Huckabee

Rand Paul

Marco Rubio

Rick Perry

Rick Santorum

John Kasich

Peter King

Ben Carson

Donald Trump

Bobby Jindal

Sarah Palin

Mike Pence

Rick Snyder

John Bolton

Carly Fiorina

Lindsey Graham

Jim Gilmore

Bob Ehrlich

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: 2016 Republican Nomination Poll - April 2015  (Read 3245 times)
Reginald
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 09:39:43 PM »

Who are the jokers voting for Cruz?

Haven't you heard?  The GOP base is just so rabidly conservative.  Just ask former nominees Santorum, Huckabee, Keyes, and Buchanan.

Oh wait.

Except a lot of the base didn't love Santorum and Huckabee. Rush Limbaugh, for example, rallied his listeners to stop Huckabee. On the other hand, his and others' gushing over Cruz is probably a factor in Cruz's rise in the polls.

Cruz has also been a much more consequential figure (such that it is) than any of those people have been. I still don't think he has much of a shot, but that counts for something.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 10:45:49 AM »

Who are the jokers voting for Cruz?

Haven't you heard?  The GOP base is just so rabidly conservative.  Just ask former nominees Santorum, Huckabee, Keyes, and Buchanan.

Oh wait.

Except a lot of the base didn't love Santorum and Huckabee. Rush Limbaugh, for example, rallied his listeners to stop Huckabee. On the other hand, his and others' gushing over Cruz is probably a factor in Cruz's rise in the polls.

Cruz has also been a much more consequential figure (such that it is) than any of those people have been. I still don't think he has much of a shot, but that counts for something.

My point was Cruz has wider appeal within the GOP primary electorate than past Iowa winners Huckabee and Santorum. Those guys had strong appeal to social conservatives but alienated movement conservatives and were poor fundraisers. Cruz appeals to both social and movement conservatives and is a strong fundraiser. The implication that a candidate will lose the GOP nomination for being too conservative isn't backed up by those past examples. Not saying Cruz is in as strong a position as Bush or Walker but I think he's clearly the third most likely nominee, much more so than Paul (whose record will alienate large chunks of primary voters) and Rubio (who offers nothing that Bush or Walker don't already).
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 02:23:18 PM »

Updated.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2015, 07:36:08 AM »

Middle of the month, I say Kasich. I don't see Pence recovering yet, unless he fixes his image.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2015, 10:10:04 AM »

I should insert the option that allows voters to change their votes...
I'll change it in the next poll Smiley
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 12:25:37 AM »

I definitely think Scott Walker will win a fair amount of states in the 2016 primary, but I doubt he has enough establishment appeal to get the nomination. Barring any major dark horse entries, I suspect it'll come down to a Walker v. Bush race that ends in Bush's favor sometime around late March or late April.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 12:34:51 AM »

I definitely think Scott Walker will win a fair amount of states in the 2016 primary, but I doubt he has enough establishment appeal to get the nomination. Barring any major dark horse entries, I suspect it'll come down to a Walker v. Bush race that ends in Bush's favor sometime around late March or late April.

Even given that they are the strongest two, there'll probably be a significant 3rd candidate who says in for a while. Paul or Huckabee are the most likely. Maybe Perry.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2015, 09:13:59 PM »

I voted for John Bolton because I want to be the only person who voted for John Bolton.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies