AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:19:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2024: Away we Gallego (3/5 - Sinema OUT)  (Read 57038 times)
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 26, 2022, 09:42:11 PM »

I wonder who the Republicans run. David Schweikert? Andy Biggs?

Kelli Ward, Kari Lake, or Peter Thiel’s newest twink.  Maybe Charlie Kirk runs.

Schweikert can barely win his own district’s primary, let alone a statewide one.

Tbh, the Ducey wing will probably try to get Ciscomani to run. He checks off a lot of boxes and isn’t crazy.

He won by double-digits. Of course, the non-Schweikert vote was split between two candidates and had it been consolidated, Schweikert most likely wouldn't have made it. He also seems to have ethical controversies surrounding him IMO, which would make him vulnerable in the GE (though I'm honestly not sure how much it'd really matter - it doesn't seem to impact the results in his House races very much, and it seems like something most people don't really remember or care too much about, though maybe the Democrats would slam him on it in a Senate race and make it an issue).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2022, 11:06:03 PM »

I wonder who the Republicans run. David Schweikert? Andy Biggs?

Kelli Ward, Kari Lake, or Peter Thiel’s newest twink.  Maybe Charlie Kirk runs.

Schweikert can barely win his own district’s primary, let alone a statewide one.

Tbh, the Ducey wing will probably try to get Ciscomani to run. He checks off a lot of boxes and isn’t crazy.

He won by double-digits. Of course, the non-Schweikert vote was split between two candidates and had it been consolidated, Schweikert most likely wouldn't have made it. He also seems to have ethical controversies surrounding him IMO, which would make him vulnerable in the GE (though I'm honestly not sure how much it'd really matter - it doesn't seem to impact the results in his House races very much, and it seems like something most people don't really remember or care too much about, though maybe the Democrats would slam him on it in a Senate race and make it an issue).

Of the entire AZ R delegation, the only one who wouldn't suck in a statewide GE would prolly be Ciscomani, but he's new, and good chance Dems knock him out come 2024.

What about Lesko? Or Crane? Though I don't know much about either (especially Crane).
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2022, 07:57:54 PM »

I imagine her eventual Fox show is going to have a truly terrible Sinema/cinema pun.

Imagine if it was the current title for this thread!
The Sinematic Universe?

Surely that's too egotistical even for... hold on, you might have a point.

They've got a show called "Watters World," haven't they? All these show hosts are just egoistical airheads anyway, so Sinema (and for that matter Tulsi, who filled in for Tucker one night IIRC) would fit in quite well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies