The New Campaign Trail (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:39:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The New Campaign Trail (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The New Campaign Trail  (Read 52989 times)
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 26, 2022, 10:04:51 PM »

I played Biden on easily and picked the best answer for each question. On election day I was leading in every swing state. Even in places like Missouri and Alaska.

And got the exact same map as real life...
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 11:56:09 PM »

How do you play the mods?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 08:42:48 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks the Hitler mod is in incredibly bad taste? The subreddit seems to be enjoying it too much if you ask me.

I mean it portrays the NSDAP accurately (and not whitewashed) and without slurs and such, there are disclaimers abound, and the endings actually mention scenarios of Hitler's undoing. Definitely does a respectful job compared to some... other mods of horrible figures.

Don't get me wrong, I get why people would hesitate with a mod surrounding the dictator that had upwards of 18 million executed for the crime of not being within his ideal characteristics, and led to upwards of 34 million dying in the ensuing European Theater of WW2, but I think it does the job regarding how to depict playable evil figures.
How do you even play it? I don't see it on the mod list
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 02:57:04 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks the Hitler mod is in incredibly bad taste? The subreddit seems to be enjoying it too much if you ask me.

I mean it portrays the NSDAP accurately (and not whitewashed) and without slurs and such, there are disclaimers abound, and the endings actually mention scenarios of Hitler's undoing. Definitely does a respectful job compared to some... other mods of horrible figures.
How do you do that? I'm just curious what exactly is in the mod?
Don't get me wrong, I get why people would hesitate with a mod surrounding the dictator that had upwards of 18 million executed for the crime of not being within his ideal characteristics, and led to upwards of 34 million dying in the ensuing European Theater of WW2, but I think it does the job regarding how to depict playable evil figures.
How do you even play it? I don't see it on the mod list
It's not on the loader due to, let's just say the graphic material found in the mod. You can load up the codes manually through the loader, though.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2024, 06:44:36 PM »

In honor of the upcoming release of W.5 Final Mix, decided to take the fight to ol' Chappaquiddick Teddy while invading both Afghanistan and Iraq, and managed a fairly comfortable Electoral College win. Still barely lost the popular vote though, and barely any state voted above 50% for either candidate thanks to a pair of oddly successful third parties each appealing to different demographics (John Anderson and Jesse Ventura). It's a poisoned chalice, of course - if you lose to Ted with two wars going on, apparently Bush roars back in '08 with a vengeance. God help us all - but this universe produces a better version of the movie Vice with Christian Bale so maybe it's worth it.

Bush/Frist - 324 EV - 56,718,355 PV (46.5%)
Kennedy/Barnes - 214 EV - 56,789,712 PV (46.5%)
There is a version where you control the war?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies