UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:26:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should the title of this thread be
BomaJority

Tsar Boris Good Enough

This Benighted Plot

King Boris I

The Right Honourable Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: UK General Discussion:The Rt. Hon Alex Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Populist Hero  (Read 294072 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: October 30, 2020, 02:52:34 PM »

Something I truly do not understand is why so many politicians on the left seem to utterly despise the interests of young people, a voting bloc which is regularly among the most reliable for the left. Every other bloc seems to get so many concessions, but the youth just consistently get spit on. If this didn't happen so regularly, it's easy to imagine that youth turnout would be much, much higher across the board.

Not to generalise an entire voting block, as someone who was a first time voter (happily voting for the Lib Dems) at 21 in the 2001 Election....Man, I feel old just saying that....Much of the politics of the past 5 years or so seems to be waged on Social Media, then young people forgetting to actually vote.

I would hazard a guess that there is almost no overlap between young people who post about politics on social media and young people who don't vote.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 06:21:35 PM »

We shouldn't judge people by a viral clip of them at their worst, maybe Councillor Brewerton is normally a perfectly reasonable man.

Someone else who isn’t talking, as it turns out, is Councillor Brewerton, the one who lost his temper.

When The Independent phoned him, a man calling himself a lawyer – but declining to give his name – picks up.

“I suggest you keep very quiet on this,” he says, apparently not aware there are literally already mugs and T-shirts on sale referencing the whole affair. “You are talking to a lawyer. There are three lawyers in the [Brewerton] family … You are now at the top of our list.”

...oh
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies