Who is the worst president of United States ?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:44:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who is the worst president of United States ?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Which of those do you consider as the worst president of United States ?
John Q. Adams

James Buchanan

Ulysses Grant

Herbert Hoover

Richard Nixon

Jimmy Carter

George Bush

Another one ( please specify )

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Who is the worst president of United States ?  (Read 4526 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2009, 09:31:04 PM »

Buchanan (normal).

B. Harrison was rotten (far moreso than Grant, who was mentioned earlier!).  Harding was horrid, and Coolidge's only redeeming grace was his personality.  But Buchanan pretty much combines the worst of all worlds Tongue

Ernest is a FF for bringing down Wilson a peg--his civil rights maneuvers were far more disgusting than Lincoln's, thank you very much--though I'm not sure he was the *worst* (I do appreciate his relative non-hatefulness against Germany at Versailles, and whether or not he believed in his Fourteen Points they're admirable, especially for the time).

Buchanan, followed closely by Woodrow Wilson and Hoover.

So sad that he hasn't had PBrunsel around to convince him that Hoover wasn't a bad guy (which I think PBrunsel can do of everyone sane!).
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2009, 10:07:16 PM »

Indeed. What a monster.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2009, 06:22:45 PM »

George W. Bush, running away.

I did not check "George Bush" because I didn't want anyone thinking it was his father.  I rather think H.W. Bush was one of our better Presidents.  Sonny boy was a living, breathing clusterphuck however.  From start to finish.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »

I did not check "George Bush" because I didn't want anyone thinking it was his father.  I rather think H.W. Bush was one of our better Presidents.  Sonny boy was a living, breathing clusterphuck however.  From start to finish.

Sorry for the ambiguity. I obviously meant G. W. Bush.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2009, 03:33:03 PM »

1. James Buchanan
2. Herbert Hoover
3. George W. Bush
4. Woodrow Wilson
5. Either Saint Reagan or Ulysses S. Grant
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2009, 04:01:13 PM »

Sorry for the ambiguity. I obviously meant G. W. Bush.

I was pretty sure of that, but you never know!  Thanks.
CJK
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2009, 05:59:45 PM »

1. Buchanan
2. Pierce
3. Andrew Johnson
4 Hoover
5. Carter
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2009, 11:02:41 PM »

How would you have settled the Indian issue? Would you have allowed your citizens to be at constant war with roving tribes killing families on the frontier? Some of the things that occurred were unfortunate but the necessity of the removal was there.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2009, 11:26:48 PM »

What's the deal with the Andrew Johnson hate?  The South would still resemble a third-world country today if Johnson hadn't valiantly fought tooth-and-nail to protect us from the unfair punishments Congress constantly tried to wreck us with.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2009, 11:55:37 PM »

1. Buchanan
2. G.W. Bush
3. Harding
4. Wilson
5. Hayes
6. Pierce
7. Reagan
8. Harrison
9. Fillmore
10. Carter

All of the above were terrible.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2009, 12:14:45 AM »

How would you have settled the Indian issue? Would you have allowed your citizens to be at constant war with roving tribes killing families on the frontier? Some of the things that occurred were unfortunate but the necessity of the removal was there.

The Five Civilized Tribes were hardly roving tribes of killers.  Their removal was a land grab pure and simple.  However, while they are the most visible example of the shameful way the natives were dealt with, save for scale it wasn't much different from what happened before or after Jackson.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2009, 12:24:01 AM »

My point is the continual sniping on the frontier was untenable and had to be dealt with. Separating the two groups was the best choice during that time period.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2009, 01:05:13 AM »

My point is the continual sniping on the frontier was untenable and had to be dealt with. Separating the two groups was the best choice during that time period.

Problem is, what sniping was occurring was due to whites invading Indian lands.  Granted, that was an era when might was assumed to make right.  Of course, by that standard, you should be supporting Lincoln since he won the Civil War. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2009, 01:02:46 PM »

What's the deal with the Andrew Johnson hate?  The South would still resemble a third-world country today if Johnson hadn't valiantly fought tooth-and-nail to protect us from the unfair punishments Congress constantly tried to wreck us with.

it doesn't?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2009, 03:09:22 PM »

So you consider that two ethnies are unable to pacifically coexist in the same space ? Sorry, but I have to notice that's not so far from Hitler's vision.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2009, 03:14:12 PM »

So you consider that two ethnies are unable to pacifically coexist in the same space ? Sorry, but I have to notice that's not so far from Hitler's vision.

Reading comprehension failure coupled with Godwins law. Cute.

Do you have any understanding regarding the history of the settlement of the United States? Do you think/believe the Natives and European settlers were for the most part peaceably cohabiting? Did I say I personally support separation of different ethnic groups? When you are discussing history you have to understand the thought and motivation of the time period. I know you don't have a strong grasp of the English language because you're a foreigner, I understand that. But please, get over yourself and your stupid accusations. 
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2009, 03:24:38 PM »

Reading comprehension failure coupled with Godwins law. Cute.

I have absolutely no personal problem with you. Only with your ideas. Please don't see personal attacks where there's only ideological attacks.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I can easily think that men who did it could have some very good motivations for this time. In fact, Jackson did many good things during his term, he certainly was an important president in the American History. But you can't excuse some actions with the context of the time. Will you say that you understand supporters of slavery because it was the realty before 1860 ( unfortunately, maybe you will say it, I hope you won't ) ? So, fair solutions could exist to prevent the native's tragedy. And separation is never a good way to resolve these problems.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies