Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:14:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 149873 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2018, 08:24:31 PM »

found out today that earlier this week, a cousin's 15-yr old daughter died. seems to have been a suicide.    her family did not know she was struggling.

only knew her from fb and when her aunt and uncle spoke about her, but in any case I'm saddened and a bit shook and really feeling bad for them and her family.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2018, 08:34:32 PM »

found out today that earlier this week, a cousin's 15-yr old daughter died. seems to have been a suicide.    her family did not know she was struggling.

only knew her from fb and when her aunt and uncle spoke about her, but in any case I'm saddened and a bit shook and really feeling bad for them and her family.

My condolences.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2018, 10:13:15 PM »

So yesterday I went out for dessert and got two pies, come home, see my mom was already making a pie to which I wasn't aware, and we were having people over, whom I told previously we had dessert covered, and they brought more pie. I now have 4 pies.

Here stands before you a woman who never thought she'd find herself saying this, but for once in my life, I have too much pie.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2018, 10:18:27 PM »

So yesterday I went out for dessert and got two pies, come home, see my mom was already making a pie to which I wasn't aware, and we were having people over, whom I told previously we had dessert covered, and they brought more pie. I now have 4 pies.

Here stands before you a woman who never thought she'd find herself saying this, but for once in my life, I have too much pie.

I’m fittingly enough in a similar boat. Tongue
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2018, 10:23:02 PM »

Oh pish-posh, if it's pumpkin, you got breakfast for a week or two!
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2018, 10:24:43 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that, shua. Sad
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2018, 10:25:17 PM »

Oh pish-posh, if it's pumpkin, you got breakfast for a week or two!

Thing is moisture accumulates on that stuff easily. I’m not well positioned to keep it. Love pumpkin, though. I’m at the age where I buy it for myself during the fall.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2018, 10:43:56 PM »

I don't normally disclose what goes on in my life these days because for the most part (especially this past October... some of you know why), things have been... just dreadful really, but for the first time in a while I'm actually feeling optimistic about stuff.  My mom and I recently joined a new church.  I'm starting to get out of the room more.  We found a new community and people have been really helpful and accommodating to us.  The hotel we're staying at even dropped us off *a lot* of food the other day so that we could have a good Thanksgiving.  The first one in years.

That, and with the midterms behind us it's nice to not have to worry about checking polls constantly.  For a while, anyway. Tongue
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2018, 11:00:44 PM »

Also, I didn't share this earlier but my piggies have a new cage mate. Smile

I named her Tipper.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2018, 11:19:28 PM »

My condolences.

I'm sorry to hear that, shua. Sad

Thank you.

Scott I'm glad things are looking more hopeful for you.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2018, 12:07:13 AM »

Sorry for your loss Shua Sad

I don't normally disclose what goes on in my life these days because for the most part (especially this past October... some of you know why), things have been... just dreadful really, but for the first time in a while I'm actually feeling optimistic about stuff.  My mom and I recently joined a new church.  I'm starting to get out of the room more.  We found a new community and people have been really helpful and accommodating to us.  The hotel we're staying at even dropped us off *a lot* of food the other day so that we could have a good Thanksgiving.  The first one in years.

That, and with the midterms behind us it's nice to not have to worry about checking polls constantly.  For a while, anyway. Tongue
Good to hear Scott! Happy Thanksgiving!
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #211 on: November 23, 2018, 12:14:49 AM »

Glad to hear that, hope all goes well Smiley
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #212 on: November 23, 2018, 01:43:33 AM »

Also, I didn't share this earlier but my piggies have a new cage mate. Smile

I named her Tipper.

Nice, after Gore’s ex wife?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #213 on: November 23, 2018, 02:18:25 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2018, 02:21:54 AM by Scott🦋 »

Thanks, guys. Smile

Lol.  It rhymes with "chipper" and I just think it's a cute name.

Chelsea was also on my list of names FWIW. Tongue
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #214 on: November 23, 2018, 07:02:14 AM »

In case any of you are wondering, this is literally how I am in my day to day life. Badass af:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIMVrX9CaVw
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2018, 07:44:20 AM »

So I just ate more than everyone else in my family and I wake up this morning and am hungry still.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2018, 03:11:06 AM »

Made the mistake of having drinks with my family. They decided this was the best moment to talk about my grandma's Alzheimer's and how it's so bad she likely won't recognize us within the next year. And to bring up how heavily it runs on my grandpa's side and he might end up like that too. My chest hurts from holding back how much it hurt to hear it out loud from everyone else.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2018, 04:23:28 AM »

Made the mistake of having drinks with my family. They decided this was the best moment to talk about my grandma's Alzheimer's and how it's so bad she likely won't recognize us within the next year. And to bring up how heavily it runs on my grandpa's side and he might end up like that too. My chest hurts from holding back how much it hurt to hear it out loud from everyone else.

That's terrible, I'm so sorry. Alzheimer's is truly horrible.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2018, 12:59:33 PM »

Waiting for my flight at the Newark Polaris Club. No TVs on college football Saturday. At least lunch was good.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2018, 06:34:30 PM »

Getting more hours at my job, starting next week!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2018, 07:42:28 PM »

Sorry to hear that.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2018, 11:28:02 PM »

Sorry to hear that.

I knew you'd say that.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2018, 12:57:19 AM »
« Edited: November 25, 2018, 03:05:14 AM by muon2 »

I had a nice week out East for Thanksgiving, but when I got home at 10 pm tonight I found there was no hot water and water all over the basement. Sometime during the week the hot water heater gave up the ghost. Fortunately the company I've used for 30 years has 24 hour service. The tech is here now and hopefully I'll have a new water heater in about an hour. It's probably good that he could come out tonight since we have a winter storm warning for tomorrow.

added - the new heater is in, but we'll have the occasional spurt from the faucets until all the air is out of the lines.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2018, 05:36:21 PM »

I had a nice week out East for Thanksgiving, but when I got home at 10 pm tonight I found there was no hot water and water all over the basement. Sometime during the week the hot water heater gave up the ghost. Fortunately the company I've used for 30 years has 24 hour service. The tech is here now and hopefully I'll have a new water heater in about an hour. It's probably good that he could come out tonight since we have a winter storm warning for tomorrow.

added - the new heater is in, but we'll have the occasional spurt from the faucets until all the air is out of the lines.

Sorry to hear that. Glad things are seemingly being rectified.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2018, 09:15:16 AM »

Sorry to hear that. Glad things are seemingly being rectified.

Thanks, and it was fortunate that we got things fixed Sat night since the area is shut down after a heavy wet snowfall. My lilacs are a third of their normal height, so I'll have to wait for spring to see what survives. There's also no cable service, including internet, so I have to rely on cell service to write this. I'm supposed to drive downstate for a meeting late this afternoon and tomorrow, but the roads aren't in very good shape yet.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies