Pro-Palestinian protestors reach agreement with counterprotesters, find common ground
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:12:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pro-Palestinian protestors reach agreement with counterprotesters, find common ground
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pro-Palestinian protestors reach agreement with counterprotesters, find common ground  (Read 745 times)
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2024, 03:56:04 AM »

University of Alabama “Protest for Palestinian Lives” draws hundreds of students, counterprotesters

Hundreds gathered at the Student Center Plaza as the UA Leftist Collective led its “Protest for Palestinian Lives” Wednesday from 4-6:30 p.m. The crowd also included over 100 counterprotesters and spectators.

“Hey hey, ho ho, Lockheed Martin’s got to go,” the protestors shouted, denouncing the defense contracting company they say is supporting a genocide in Gaza by selling munitions to Israel.

The counter protesters, many of whom donned or carried Israeli, American, or Trump 2024 flags, chanted in response to those protesting the war.

You may wonder what the common ground between them could be...

Well, the common ground is apparently "F***” Joe Biden":

“F— Joe Biden,” “F— Hamas,” “USA, USA, USA,” and other chants were regularly lodged at the Gaza demonstrators, along with occasional homophobic slurs and other derisive comments.

https://twitter.com/MavenNavarro1/status/1785785576571994299

Both sides now chanting “F***” Joe Biden”
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 12:34:13 PM »

And here I was expecting it to be support for unlawful settlement and destruction of property.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 12:39:38 PM »

And here I was expecting it to be support for unlawful settlement and destruction of property.

That could be an area for future cooperation between the sides.

But God forbid that extremists on both sides reach a consensus in support of a 2 state solution, or even a 1 state solution with protection for the rights of all regardless of religion or ethnicity.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 12:40:09 PM »

Young people of all ideologies are united in their disapproval of Biden.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 01:58:46 PM »

Time for Biden to update Nixon's "silent majority" rhetoric.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 02:08:14 PM »

President Joe Biden proudly stands against the violent far left and the violent far right. He governs for the vast middle of the country that hates both of these groups of people. That’s why we support him.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2024, 02:59:58 PM »

President Joe Biden proudly stands against the violent far left and the violent far right. He governs for the vast middle of the country that hates both of these groups of people. That’s why we support him.

The vast middle of the country hates 81% of the youth? 81% of under 30s disapprove of Biden's handling of Gaza. That's pretty brutal.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2024, 03:18:22 PM »

The vast middle of the country hates 81% of the youth?
yeah, probably.  Have you met them?  ugggg

edit-and yes clever lefties, that can go either way, that was the point.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2024, 03:20:21 PM »

The vast middle of the country hates 81% of the youth?
yeah, probably.  Have you met them?  ugggg

They are a bit overdramatic, like most young people, but as I've said many times before they are already leagues ahead of the warmongering boomers and greed is good Xers. Why do they bother you so much?
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2024, 03:27:28 PM »

It’s funny but confusing how you are allowed to be an open Nazi and white supremacist in USA under the “freedom of speech” argument while in many states simply boycotting a foreign country like Israel is prohibited by law or executive orders lmao.

If that’s the “moderate center”, then it’s a good riddance for the youth to not want to be liked by that kind of majority. What a complete joke.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2024, 03:29:22 PM »

They are a bit overdramatic, like most young people, but as I've said many times before they are already leagues ahead of the warmongering boomers and greed is good Xers.
well I disagree, obvioulsy
Why do they bother you so much?
have you met them?  ugggg

and "greed is good" is also owned by the BabyBoomers, you'll have to come up with something else to stereotype GenXers.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2024, 04:16:25 PM »

Horseshoe theory in action
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2024, 04:21:58 PM »

It’s funny but confusing how you are allowed to be an open Nazi and white supremacist in USA under the “freedom of speech” argument while in many states simply boycotting a foreign country like Israel is prohibited by law or executive orders lmao.

If that’s the “moderate center”, then it’s a good riddance for the youth to not want to be liked by that kind of majority. What a complete joke.

You literally support some of the worst regimes on the planet lmao
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2024, 04:38:02 PM »

The middle of the country is growing smaller and smaller as polarization spreads. See how many voters split their tickets 20 years ago compared to now. Also voters don't even see Biden as moderate anyways.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2024, 07:27:07 PM »

I wasn’t aware Brazil was a “regime” but whatever.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2024, 07:39:50 PM »

I'm not talking about Brazil
Both of you are wrong. The Moral Position is being Pro-Palestine and Neutral on Russia/Ukraine.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2024, 10:13:19 PM »

This is what America is all about  Purple heart
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2024, 07:31:14 AM »

The "Silent Majority" route would actually work for Biden if he hadn't given so much cover to the crazies over time.

Biden, personally, does oppose the far left and far right, but he's governed in a coalition with the far left, caving on any number of policies.  Nixon, who was able to reject extremists for two (2) decades in politics, was able to pull this off.  Biden has given the Far Left most of what they want. 

Rep. Abby Spanberger (D-VA) said it well:  "Joe Biden was not elected to be FDR; he was elected to be normal and stop the chaos."  That's actually a consensus view; if Biden had really done this, I would have thought more highly of him.  That he's arguably done neither of these tasks is a majority view a this point, and it's certainly a consensus that he has not stopped the chaos.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2024, 09:26:27 AM »
« Edited: May 03, 2024, 09:30:49 AM by Red Velvet »

I'm not talking about Brazil
Both of you are wrong. The Moral Position is being Pro-Palestine and Neutral on Russia/Ukraine.

Then you must be confused or projecting your own anti-nationalist tendencies of supporting foreign governments onto me. I am clearly not an internationalist like you.

The only “regime” I will always support and give my allegiance to is the Brazilian one, though even that is not unconditional support.

Though I’m still not sure on how this makes USA policy make any sense. “Free speech” and “1st amendment” defenses seem to only exist to protect Nazis and White Supremacists to defend whatever they want, but if you criticize or boycott one specific foreign country then you’re breaking the law? Ridiculous nonsense clownery.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2024, 03:09:31 PM »

They are a bit overdramatic, like most young people, but as I've said many times before they are already leagues ahead of the warmongering boomers and greed is good Xers.
well I disagree, obvioulsy
Why do they bother you so much?
have you met them?  ugggg

and "greed is good" is also owned by the BabyBoomers, you'll have to come up with something else to stereotype GenXers.

So you don't actually have a reason, got it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2024, 03:41:59 PM »

I have the same reasons old people have had of young people since forever.  Some of those reasons are accurate, some of them aren't.  You can find a reason to dislike any group of people if you look hard enough, young people just make it easier than most other groups.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2024, 03:45:35 PM »

I have the same reasons old people have had of young people since forever.  Some of those reasons are accurate, some of them aren't.  You can find a reason to dislike any group of people if you look hard enough, young people just make it easier than most other groups.

Yeah, I've never understood that. You helped raise and influence the younger generations and should view them as a byproduct of your behavior. I will never understand the "get off my lawn" attitude and I'm certainly no longer young. Just seems very ignorant.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2024, 04:00:25 PM »

Yeah, I've never understood that. You helped raise and influence the younger generations and should view them as a byproduct of your behavior. I will never understand the "get off my lawn" attitude and I'm certainly no longer young. Just seems very ignorant.
to be clear, this is a joke thread, and my above post is only 38% serious at best.  I don't blanket hate young people, that would be stupid.  I take each individual as they come, as should everybody.  Young people keeping their head down and doing their best to support themselves and move society along in the process are the future of this planet, they have a life time of fighting, arguing with and financially supporting their lazier, stupider peers.  I wish them all the luck, it's going to be a tough fight.  From my perspective it looks like a tougher fight than I had because so many of them are so funking stupid, but that's probably me falling for stereotypes.  Certainly people my age were dumbasses when they were that age.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies