Describe a Republican who likes Marvel movies (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:28:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Describe a Republican who likes Marvel movies (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Republican who likes Marvel movies  (Read 596 times)
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« on: March 26, 2024, 08:27:53 PM »

Lol I think this is the first I've heard of this, and I'm an actual conservative. I feel like I've maybe seen some people get worked up about Marvel's woke agenda or whatever, but that goes for everything these days.

I mean, I don't like Marvel movies myself, but that's because they're boring and repetitive. Not sure that has anything to do with politics.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 09:11:42 PM »
« Edited: May 17, 2024, 09:15:41 PM by The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ »

So can we safely conclude that "no one except alt-right incels hate Marvel movies" is an incredibly mind numbing f[inks]ing moronic take?

Yeah that's basically it. Like come on, how in God's name is Marvel a partisan issue? Marvel makes superhero movies. Come on now. I personally think Marvel is a little overrated, but personally I really enjoyed watching the Avengers movies in the theater, especially Infinity War and Endgame. You know, the movies about a big purple guy trying to destroy half the world, while a ragtag squad of an all-American supersoldier, a Norse pagan god, a billionaire with an iron armor, and a big green guy who likes to smash things, trying to fight the big purple guy. If you're watching something that silly and the first thing that comes to mind is politics and partisanship, I can only assume there is some kind of mental illness at play.

Sorry for the enlightened centrist stuff, I'm solidly conservative but also a Canadian who does his level best to avoid the American culture war rabbit hole. Why can't you people just be freaking normal and enjoy the less serious parts of life without making it all political? Or if you don't enjoy it, ignore it without trying to make it an existential ideological fissure? Not everything has to be political. Jesus.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies