Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:36:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 45059 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
« on: March 15, 2016, 07:59:38 AM »

Ohio is a not looking great - I think Sanders will lose narrowly, by 3-4% odd. Illinois is a toss-up but Clinton will likely win with 1-2-3%.

Missouri is the only state I can see Bernie win.

A record turnout is the only thing which could beat the polls or severely tilt it to Sanders!

Best of luck to Hillary & Bernie supporters!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 08:01:13 AM »

Ratings for today's contests:

FL: Safe Clinton
NC: Likely Clinton
IL: Toss-Up/Tilt Sanders
OH: Toss-Up/Tilt Sanders
MO: Lean Sanders

I'm not sure how Ohio is Tilt Sanders if you look @ the polls - A bit worried about Ohio - Cheers!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 10:04:18 AM »

I'm not sure about the early exit polling.

I remember Sanders edging Clinton in Mass but also down in Oklahoma by 5% or more that that & he won by over 10%. Michigan also, I don't remember showing any early poll showing a loss.

These are weird superstitions or because people are picking & choosing facts to suit their theories.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 11:11:59 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2016, 11:15:12 AM by Shadows »

I'm heading to vote with my whole family at 2:00 pm.

I'm honest to goodness torn between Clinton and Sanders. I had been an ardent Clinton supporter because I think she has the gravitas and fortitude to win in the general. However, in recent weeks, I've discovered how much I really like Sanders' policies.

Then again, Sanders said in an interview, that he ran as a Democrat for media coverage. I'm a Democrat through and through. I want to vote for one.

Then again, I really did not like Clinton's answer on the death penalty at the last town hall and the money from big corporations does make me wonder.

However, I do think her college plan is much more realistic than Sanders. Sanders likely won't get any of the things he is promising done.

Also, Hillary is a little younger, and that makes a full 8 years more likely and I admire that she had a solid stance on healthcare as far back as the 90's.

But, if we look at someone's past. Sanders was a civil rights protester and Clinton was a Goldwater girl in her teens.

This is the first time I have ever been in the so-called "undecided" category. Even in a primary, I've always known who I wanted. I voted for Clinton last time in the primaries after attending stump speeches from both. But now, I don't know.

Hmm... this was a long and pointless stream of consciousness rant. Sorry about that!

It is important that you vote, whoever it is. I believe it when Sanders says if you ask for a loaf of bread, at the worst you'll get half, if you start asking for half, you'll get crumbs or nothing!

With Hillary I'm not sure if I can trust her & that was a deal breaker for me. College Plan is IMO one of the most achievable plans - Would likely generate 300M against the 70-75M target as per some agencies - What I am not sure is achievable is Single Payer - That would require a complete overhall, I'm not sure if it is possible.

With regards to Sanders' answers - He clearly said he decided on it as he thought the progressive issues would not get a center stage without running as a DEM but he called Nader a coward when he split votes so he probably would never have run as an Independent. He is where the Dem party should be, in the mold of FDR not the neo-liberal which it has become.

I don't want to see a monster named Trump as POTUS & IMO with Hillary's limited appeal among GOP & Independents, Sanders is the best choice. It is important that you vote - whoever it is.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »

It's a good thing you're voting anyways - Sanders or Clinton. People should be happy with a good turnout & more participation!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 02:05:56 PM »

Either ways a low turnout shouldn't help Sanders & I reckon he had a decent chance of convincing these undecided people.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 02:14:17 PM »

NC being NC - With stupid voter laws & ID's & so many provisional votes being cast by students. Possibly being loss for Sanders - This non-sense was not there last time in 08, GOP Governors!

And Bill Clinton being Bill Clinton - Violating 50m rule in & around Chicago - I think he did the same in NH or somewhere else
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 02:25:01 PM »

NC being NC - With stupid voter laws & ID's & so many provisional votes being cast by students. Possibly being loss for Sanders - This non-sense was not there last time in 08, GOP Governors!

And Bill Clinton being Bill Clinton - Violating 50m rule in & around Chicago - I think he did the same in NH or somewhere else

He did the same in MA, Hillary is doing events at polling places in NC too.

Was there some kind of delusion that His and Her Highness have any respect for the democratic process? 

It's ridiculous how these people abuse everything, some voters posted in the Sanders forum that Bill was calling bernie the "blame candidate" n stuff!

Anyways Google this - Heard Secret service too hates Hillary, they say she is horrible & rude once the camera goes off the air - Total phony!

She hates the GOP according to her, she can't get along with 1 Single Republican to get stuff done, now the SS too, lol!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 02:32:59 PM »

Is it really too much to ask that people just vote for the candidates they like the most?

Agreed, Don't like low-ball stuff - Play fair, win & lose fair. This is not the way you win or lose - And stupid of those guys to vote that way - GOP tried to downplay Clinton & hype Obama thinking he was weaker - Look what happened to them!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 03:45:43 PM »

Man, I was going to upload pictures of my polling place, but it said I had to have a minimum of 20 posts. I'm brand new. Maybe later tonight I'll have caught up to their minimum.

Anyway, here is what I found out.

It was pretty dead when WE were there, but the lady at the polling place said there had been 30 minute waits most of the day and we just missed the crowd.

I'm in an ultra conservative area, Randolph County, so that wouldn't reflect much on democrats.

There were no signs for Cruz, Kasich, Sanders, Clinton, or Rubio. There were signs for Trump. So, take that for whatever you might make of it?

I saw one other younger person there who was voting.

If I eventually do get to my 20 post requirement, I'll upload the pics of my polling place for you guys.

I look forward to prognosticating the rest of the 2016 campaign based on your several photos of your polling place.

Thank you, hero!

He voted for Clinton, lol!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 03:56:50 PM »

Florida is gonna give a very low turnout & Texas type result to Hillary - Not good!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 04:05:22 PM »

Man, I was going to upload pictures of my polling place, but it said I had to have a minimum of 20 posts. I'm brand new. Maybe later tonight I'll have caught up to their minimum.

Anyway, here is what I found out.

It was pretty dead when WE were there, but the lady at the polling place said there had been 30 minute waits most of the day and we just missed the crowd.

I'm in an ultra conservative area, Randolph County, so that wouldn't reflect much on democrats.

There were no signs for Cruz, Kasich, Sanders, Clinton, or Rubio. There were signs for Trump. So, take that for whatever you might make of it?

I saw one other younger person there who was voting.

If I eventually do get to my 20 post requirement, I'll upload the pics of my polling place for you guys.

I look forward to prognosticating the rest of the 2016 campaign based on your several photos of your polling place.

Thank you, hero!

He voted for Clinton, lol!

Actually no, I ended up voting for Senator Sanders.

I was waiting for you to say that - Thanks for voting for Sanders.

I personally find it sad sometimes to vote for a candidate who I know will lose convincingly, which you will experience now in NC.

But if everything goes as per predictions, you will get to vote for Hillary Clinton anyways in the GE. In your words elect a younger, (maybe more) competent candidate with a more achievable agenda for President (another candidate you very much like) - Win-Win for you anyways - Cheers!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 04:07:39 PM »

https://twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/709844940713553920

This is honestly a bit shocking, dunno if authentic, but Hispanic vote is actually higher in overall % state wise compared to Black vote in Illinois.

If this is authentic - this guy is credible, it is good news for Sanders & definitely means Sanders has a good chance to win!

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 04:22:30 PM »

Guys, the exit polls don't take into account absentee ballots & a lot of other stuff.

A 5-6% lead could well be a loss. I think only way to say is if someone wins big in the poll, he is sure to win or if someone wins big in 1 demographic, you can predict how the race would turn out to be!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 04:26:59 PM »

Guys, the exit polls don't take into account absentee ballots & a lot of other stuff.

Not necessarily true.  In states where there are a large number of early voters / absentees, they poll those people by phone just before election day in order to incorporate them into the exit polls.

Okay, Thanks!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 04:32:12 PM »

Honestly, When 50% of Clinton supporters say it is not okay voting for Clinton, it is perfect. But when Sanders supporters , a coalition is much broader & composed of many independents, says that same the party is divided.

What dumb logic & how opportunistic - If Clinton had not run such a dirty campaign, maybe this never have happened - Maybe she should step down for someone like Warren & then the party will be united
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 04:34:22 PM »

Congratulations Sanders, you have successfully divided the party. Well done.

Just like how Obama successfully divided the party? Roll Eyes

You mean how Hillary divided the party. And yes, she very much did. However she worked her ass off in order to unite it again, something im worried Sanders wont do.

You expect Sanders to not campaign for Hillary against Cruz or Trump if he loses cleanly?

I don't think he would remember the lies Clinton campaigns have used - And neither is he as naive & clueless like the paid Hillhacks here.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 04:36:15 PM »

Sanders has been running a nasty and divisive scorched earth campaign based mostly on personal attacks for the past month, so this isn't surprising.

LOL! I mean how with honest face can you even think to write that..

These guys are nasty people - Paid Interns whose job is to throw dirt - Incapable of having a reasoned discussion.

I am seriously contemplating how much better Clinton would be compared to the Trump monster of the maniac Cruz now despite her being a phony! I would probably also say "Unsatisfied"
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 04:44:40 PM »

Look @ the Florida demographic - This will be a bloodbath - Another Texas & Hillary walks away with 60-70 delegates
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 04:47:00 PM »

In Exit polls if you consider the undecided voters Bernie is doing a bit better with blacks in Ohio than Michigan - Plus Black % is less.

But I really don't expect Sanders to win 20% more White votes than Clinton in Ohio especially with this GOP non-sense & moderate turnout

Clinton was actually winning white votes in some Ohio polls
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 04:57:01 PM »

Hispanics allegedly went huge for Sanders in IL. Take that with a mountain of salt though.
Is that from the Shuster tweet or someone repeating it? Where did you see that?

I posted the tweet & said can't comment on the authenticity - Maybe the guy is not credible!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 04:58:52 PM »

"Continue Obama's policies" number in Ohio is at 48%.

That's might be a decent sign for Sanders.

If that's true he's won.  No doubt.

People don't vote on 1 issue & 1 question in poll does not decide everything!

I am not sure about Ohio, I think we may lose. Missouri I am reasonably confident we can pull a narrow win - And Illinois is a toss-up IMO, we have a chance! Cheers!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 05:28:05 PM »

NC won't be bad, I think Sanders can do 40-42% if he is lucky & turnout is good. Florida look Texas all over again  - 32-33% odd for Sanders IMO.

Missouri to Sanders, other 2 very close with Lean Clinton
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 05:34:36 PM »

I'm thinking Bernie will win all the northern states and come within single digits in either FL or NC. Just a gut feeling though. Then again, I had a gut feeling he would win Michigan too. We'll see Smiley

Not happening.

I'm thinking Bernie will win all the northern states and come within single digits in either FL or NC. Just a gut feeling though. Then again, I had a gut feeling he would win Michigan too. We'll see Smiley

Based on the Florida exit poll, Sanders would probably be lucky to come within 20 in Florida.

Wow, you are really being Hillary hacks.

Not at all.  Castro/EH just know their stuff.

I am predicting a 30% loss atleast!
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 06:34:29 PM »

Florida has voting till 7pm - It is barely 30 minutes past it & now already these results are out.

I hope these absentee ballots which generally favor Clinton. Else Sanders is not in a good position.

I was hoping Sanders pull to close to 40% in Florida, maybe 36-37%.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies