The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:29:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2024?” tea leaves thread  (Read 168164 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: April 21, 2021, 09:46:21 AM »

https://www.axios.com/chris-christie-2024-presidential-election-4eac5391-8239-4a92-93e1-4f0fb5b367ab.html

Christies allies expect him to run.

He's very clearly floating the balloon. I do wonder what he would determine his path to be. He could try a redux of his 2016 campaign but I really think he'd have to mix things up to stage a comeback. He wouldn't be the first shocker of a comeback though.

I like Chris Christie, but he really should lose weight before he runs again. How are you supposed to run a tough, spirited campaign if you're so heavy? Not to mention the optics. He would have a lot more energy and be far more healthy if he lost 50+ lbs.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 01:09:19 PM »

Buttigieg advisors are trying to shut down talk that he’s considering a 2024 presidential run:

https://www.businessinsider.com/is-pete-buttigieg-running-2024-presidential-primary-campaign-bid-2021-11

A dozen allies of the 39-year-old transportation secretary interviewed by Insider said they didn't expect Buttigieg to jump into a Democratic primary should President Joe Biden not seek a second term and open the door to a wide-open race for his successor.

They said Buttigieg had a long future ahead of him. And they insisted that running against Vice President Kamala Harris, the first Black and first woman vice president, as well as the first person of South Asian descent to hold the office — and someone who has struck a genuine friendship with Buttigieg and his husband, Chasten — was not something he was contemplating.

"Knowing Pete, he's like, ‘F**k no. I don't want to be that person,'" said a Democrat familiar with Buttigieg and Harris' relationship who has been in the room with the two.
"It's something on the minds of the Washington pundit class, not Pete's," an aide from Buttigieg's 2020 campaign told Insider. "The only conversations about 2024 I've been in are when a reporter asks me about it."

Yeah, that makes total sense. Why would Pete run against Kamala in an open primary? He already had trouble garnering black support last time. Imagine being the token white dude running against the first black female VP? Even if Kamala isn't incredibly electable, it would be much more likely for another woman or person of color to successfully challenge her.

I wish the democratic party would go above a 1st grade level when talking about who to pick for the nominee. Making race and gender the focus of who should be the presidential nominee is so shallow and superficial that I think even calling it 1st grade level analysis is giving it too much credit.

The president - arguably the most powerful person in the world - should be picked on merit/qualifications/special skills/achievements etc, not what their gender or race or whatever is. Should be a pretty simple concept, but for some reason, Joe Biden picked Kamala Harris of all people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies