Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:14:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season X - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Vol. I."  (Read 209654 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2013, 01:45:17 PM »

Bushie why don't you just be honest with yourself, you obviously value your unhealthy cuisine more than you care to lose weight and the only person you're deceiving here is yourself.

That would not be honest.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2013, 01:46:22 PM »

Every day is a bad day. Your diet is still hamburgers, twinkies, and ham sandwiches on white bread with no vegetables.

What I eat is not necessarily the best, but at least the calories are generally under 2K.  Yesterday was an abnormality.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »

Bushie sounds exactly like a drug addict, except it's not drugs he's addicted to.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2013, 01:51:23 PM »

Mom and Dad have just left for Lake Tenkiller for two days by themselves.  They will be back Sunday by Noon.  They left me in charge of taking care of a sick Grandma (Shingles), a recovering dog, and an attitude-driven cat.  This should be a fun weekend.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2013, 01:52:06 PM »

Is it bad that I put the Florida Atlantic vs. East Carolina game from last night on DVR?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #130 on: September 06, 2013, 02:03:20 PM »

I don't think diabetes will do it. His parents both have it and they aren't phased by it.

He will need to hit rock bottom or have a near death experience before he changes, and even then I'm not so sure,

How do you propose that such people 'change', Duke?

It would take tremendous discipline and the drive to learn how to eat correctly. He doesn't have either. He was raised on red meat and potatoes and I'm not going to give him a hard time about it anymore.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: September 06, 2013, 02:47:12 PM »

Bushie should try smoking crack.

It's probably healthier than what he eats.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #132 on: September 06, 2013, 02:49:43 PM »

Bushie should try smoking crack.

It's probably healthier than what he eats.

Meth suppresses hunger and is probably more readily available in Oklahoma
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #133 on: September 06, 2013, 03:02:23 PM »

Yeah there's a reason you never see obese meth addicts.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #134 on: September 06, 2013, 03:13:29 PM »

It would take tremendous discipline and the drive to learn how to eat correctly. He doesn't have either. He was raised on red meat and potatoes and I'm not going to give him a hard time about it anymore.

There really isn't any problem with red meat, and very little problem with potatoes.  The reason he's fat is eating too much of everything, but particularly snacks, soda, bread, etc.  The red meat is the least of his problems.

Lets be honest, folks, he's probably stuffing his face continuously all day long.  I wouldn't believe anything he says here about food.  If you're 260 pounds you're eating a lot, its that simple.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »

Every day is a bad day. Your diet is still hamburgers, twinkies, and ham sandwiches on white bread with no vegetables.

What I eat is not necessarily the best, but at least the calories are generally under 2K.  Yesterday was an abnormality.

No, it isn't "not necessarily the best." It's literally the worst thing you could be eating short of deep-frying everything first and then dipping it in melted butter. Your diet is entirely white bread and fatty meat and sugar.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »

There really isn't any problem with red meat, and very little problem with potatoes.  The reason he's fat is eating too much of everything, but particularly snacks, soda, bread, etc.  The red meat is the least of his problems.

Lets be honest, folks, he's probably stuffing his face continuously all day long.  I wouldn't believe anything he says here about food.  If you're 260 pounds you're eating a lot, its that simple.

Yes, I agree. It's the breads and desserts and sodas that are what is killing him, but that's what he keeps eating so it's hard to really keep hounding him. I mean, the man went yesterday for a double whopper and a LARGE fry and a LARGE x2 regular soda and followed it up with 3 burgers for dinner.

He just won't change, so there's no use in bothering him anymore.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2013, 04:08:18 PM »

Bushfires deep psychological bond with his food goes beyond pure boredom.  Craving burgers and large portions is one thing, butI don't think I've met anyone who switched to diet soda and then relapse back to regular on "off nights."  He should have developed taste for diet by now but hasn't
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »

He treats a healthy diet as a punishment and views burgers and fries and sodas as a reward for whatever reason.

It's been years and he still cannot cut out regular soda because he equates it to patriotism and shaming himself if he drinks diet soda. He also cannot stand the taste of it, and after 2 years of trying, he should be okay.

That's why I know he won't ever lose weight, so the days I hound him are over. I just love to hear what he's eaten each day because it's amazing he thinks he's doing himself a favor by eating 2 burgers instead of 4 each night.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2013, 05:11:08 PM »

I have developed a taste for diet drinks such as DDP, Diet Coke, and Sprite Zero (formerly Diet Sprite).  The problem is I haven't lost the taste for the regular stuff, yet.  Good news is I only have a regular soda once every four or five days.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2013, 05:22:01 PM »

I have fed both animals for the evening about 10 minutes ago and had my dinner at 16:00.  I will be leaving at 17:45 for Bible Study, which I am teaching.  I should be home by 20:30.  When I get home, I will give the pets a final snack for the evening and then watch the Wake Forest vs. Boston College game I'm putting on my DVR tonight.   While I watch the game, I'm going to try to play with my AutoCAD some and get a small head start on LAP 6 for Monday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2013, 05:27:20 PM »

If anybody is wondering what I had for dinner, I'll be honest.  I had three slices of Little Caesar's Pizza.  I ended up right near my calorie limit for the day, so I don't plan to have anymore calories this evening.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2013, 05:27:59 PM »

I have developed a taste for diet drinks such as DDP, Diet Coke, and Sprite Zero (formerly Diet Sprite).  The problem is I haven't lost the taste for the regular stuff, yet.  Good news is I only have a regular soda once every four or five days.

You never lose the taste for regular. I drink a regular coke like once every few months because Mexican Cokes are great, and they are damn good, but I know if I drank them on a regular basis (once or twice a week is regular), I would be far unhealthier than I am now.

If you're waiting to stop liking them, well, you'll be waiting a long time. Same with burgers, although I do feel bad after I eat a ton of food that's bad for me, like a burger or something and tons of fries.

And Go Deacs!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2013, 05:41:18 PM »

Don't worry. I'm not surprised you ate pizza for dinner. I'm not scolding you anymore for it. Enjoy it!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2013, 05:44:13 PM »

I have developed a taste for diet drinks such as DDP, Diet Coke, and Sprite Zero (formerly Diet Sprite).  The problem is I haven't lost the taste for the regular stuff, yet.  Good news is I only have a regular soda once every four or five days.

You never lose the taste for regular. I drink a regular coke like once every few months because Mexican Cokes are great, and they are damn good, but I know if I drank them on a regular basis (once or twice a week is regular), I would be far unhealthier than I am now.

If you're waiting to stop liking them, well, you'll be waiting a long time. Same with burgers, although I do feel bad after I eat a ton of food that's bad for me, like a burger or something and tons of fries.

If you have a burger once or twice a week, and a Coke once a day, its not a big deal.  He's got to be eating a lot more than that.

Personally I'd rather switch to water/coffee/tea than the diet garbage.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »

How about juice, Bushie?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »

Juice is very bad, man, its full of sugar.  He'd be way better off with the hamburger sans buns.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2013, 06:21:10 PM »

Juice is very bad, man, its full of sugar.  He'd be way better off with the hamburger sans buns.
It does, but orange juice also has calcium and Vitamin C.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2013, 07:15:40 PM »

Bushie do you have difficulty getting in and out of automobiles?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2013, 08:15:27 PM »

Bushie do you have difficulty getting in and out of automobiles?

Unless they are tiny Geo Metros or Mini Coopers, then no.  I have to wad myself up to get in those death traps, but any normal size sedan I'm fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies