Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:57:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 30817 times)
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: February 05, 2019, 11:18:25 PM »

Should've kept it under wraps until then, but good for her. I'm split on her.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 11:24:31 PM »

The biggest threat to Trump most likely. Question is if she can take off.

Shes as close to "generic Democrat" as you can get. That's great in the general but a hindrance in the primary. I'm not sure she can overcome how vanilla she is.

She's literally a liberal Michele Bachmann minus the charisma. I don't get why people think she's such a threat to Trump.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 11:27:19 PM »

The biggest threat to Trump most likely. Question is if she can take off.

Shes as close to "generic Democrat" as you can get. That's great in the general but a hindrance in the primary. I'm not sure she can overcome how vanilla she is.

She's literally a liberal Michele Bachmann minus the charisma. I don't get why people think she's such a threat to Trump.

I can't say I agree with your assessment.

Care to elaborate or are you just going to leave it at that?
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 02:08:10 PM »

I think the attacks about her staffers etc. are only coming secretly from the Trump/R-team or other candidates to smear her, unless proven otherwise.

It could also be some disappointed staff members of her, who quit once because of personal reasons but not because of Klobuchar's behaviour against them and now are out for revenge ...

Huh

These allegations date back long before she was thought of as a presidential candidate and even Harry Reid's staffers aren't denying that Reid met with her to chastise her treatment of her staffers
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 09:07:50 PM »

I still find it odd that Klobuchar of all people has a controversy like this. She seems like such a nice, benign, Midwestern person.

She does have that "can I speak to the manager" haircut
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 09:45:16 AM »

I still find it odd that Klobuchar of all people has a controversy like this. She seems like such a nice, benign, Midwestern person.

She does have that "can I speak to the manager" haircut

Sexism<3

Treating your staff like garbage and getting off without proper criticism because you present as a nice lil ole Midwestern lady who couldn't hurt nobody<3
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 10:02:48 AM »

No one should be using her haircut—jokingly, “cleverly,” or however—to debunk that perception. It’s not funny, contributes to the conversation degenerating into vague “I-just-have-a-feeling” sexist accusations, and needs to stop. I’m not sorry.

I definitely think there's a lot more substance to it than "I just have a feeling."

She can be joked about, especially if she plans on painting herself as the alternative to the biggest bully to ever serve as President of the United States. There are real questions about her character, and she deserves to be scrutinized for that. A joke is not scrutiny.

In other words, you're taking a joke too seriously and being far too cavalier about serious allegations.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 06:36:45 PM »

Popping back in after a few days to say Snowguy's crusade to individually reply to all of my posts in this thread, along with several other posts of mine in other threads, might be one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Not sure if he was just having a bad day or if he's got a thing for me or something, but it's kind of sad. Keep your head up, fella. No hard feelings.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 08:24:36 AM »

I also found it a little concerning. I think if it's non-medical and just a case of nerves, her campaign should address it. If it is medical, I can understand them not wanting to reveal that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies