The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:34:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 104269 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: May 07, 2018, 11:39:59 AM »

This TL is pretty good compared to OTL.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #351 on: May 07, 2018, 11:54:55 AM »

Why even from a Democratic perspective it’s not as bad as it is currently in OTL under Trump .

At this point, with such an expanded US involvement in the Middle East, it is worse.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #352 on: May 07, 2018, 12:02:10 PM »

Why even from a Democratic perspective it’s not as bad as it is currently in OTL under Trump .

Dems would be sad with anything that goes against their eternal democratic rule.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #353 on: May 07, 2018, 02:25:35 PM »

You somehow managed to make this timelines Romney policy positions/accomplishments even worse than real life Trumps.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #354 on: May 07, 2018, 02:30:00 PM »

Well the GOP has 60 senators and Romney's approvals are through the roof. From a Democratic perspective the party is at the weakest it's ever been.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #355 on: May 07, 2018, 06:37:49 PM »

Breaking News: Jim Webb and Brad Henry Drop out of Race Before Debate

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #356 on: May 07, 2018, 09:28:37 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2018, 09:44:11 PM by Old School Republican »

Democrats Debate Counter-Terrorism Policies at the debate

Dana Bash: As you may know the US has officially declared war on ISIS , and the President has sent over 220,000 troops, and the other allies  will send another 200,000 to Baghdad where US and UN will prepare to fight a ground war against ISIS . Do you agree with the strategy? Lets get an answer from everyone and lets start with Governor O Maley

O Maley: Since the UN has approved sending ground troops to fight this war I would say I agree as that will make this struggle a global effort. My belief though is once ISIS has been defeated, we should immediately leave so our troops arent viewed as an occupying force in the region.

Sanders: I 100% oppose sending ground troops to the middle east, as that is what caused this problem and the first thing we have to do to solve a problem is not to repeat the same mistakes what lead us to the problem in the first place. Instead, we should convince other nations such as Saudi Arabia in the region to lead the effort in helping destroy ISIS and that will work better as well

Biden: I support sending a limited amount of ground troops to Iraq so we can let Iraq lead the effort to defeat ISIS . What this will do is allow Iraqi to have the ability needed to keep their nation stable in the future , but at the same time a limited force sent by the US and the UN will help Iraq accomplish their goal.

Hillary Clinton: I agree with Vice President Biden here , and I would also add that I believe we must transform our intelligence agencies that can gather intelligence on the enemy so we can predict their next move and if we do that it will make it easier for the Iraqis to defeat ISIS.

Howard Dean: I agree with Senator Sanders that we should not send ground troops because that is what led us into this mess in the first place. Instead, we must do as Secretary Clinton just said is improving our intelligence agencies so we can predict their next move so it makes it easier for air strikes and Iraqi forces to destroy ISIS. If it is necessary to send ground troops , it should be by removing the troops from Afghanistan as that war is no longer necessary and use them in a conflict where they will be neccessary .

Mike Beebe: I agree with the decision that we should send ground troops because ISIS is an imminent threat and they must be defeated. But once they have been defeated we must immediately withdraw our combat troops, because they should only be used for winning a war it should not be used for nation-building. For noncombat troops, they should be stationed in a stable part of Iraq and used for advising purposes only, not combat.

Larry Lessig: My belief is we should let the UN lead this effort as thats the best way the world can unite together in defeating this terrible group.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #357 on: May 08, 2018, 12:10:05 AM »

Romney's Approval and Democratic Primary Polls:

Romney's Approval:

Approve: 61%(+2%)
Disapprove: 37%(-2)

2016 Democratic Primary Polls:

Hillary Clinton 25%
Joe Biden 22%
Bernie Sanders 18%
Howard Dean 17%
Mike Beebe 15%
Martin O Maley 2%
Larry Lessig 1%

John King: The biggest story of these polls is Senator Sanders now has surpassed Former DNC Chair  Dean in the national polls. One thing I do have to remind everyone is while Hillary and Biden are the front runners its very likely one of them drops out before Super Tuesday depending on results of the first 4 primaries.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #358 on: May 08, 2018, 01:34:53 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2018, 02:59:22 AM by Old School Republican »

Allied forces Liberate Fallujah

Wolf Blitzer: US and Allied forces have won their first major victory in the War against ISIS since US and UN officially declared War 7 weeks ago. Around 3 weeks ago Allies forces began to siege Fallujah and then two weeks ago began an operation to retake the city and after a fierce battle, have successfully done so. Also Due to having a much larger military presence then they did during the Iraq War , US forces are able to easily to root out and destroy any remaining insurgent forces.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #359 on: May 08, 2018, 02:40:48 AM »
« Edited: May 08, 2018, 02:59:12 AM by Old School Republican »

Bernie Sanders wins an upset win in the Iowa Caucus due to a divided field, and also picks up up a win in New Hampshire(1/26/16). Lessig, O Maley drop out of the race after Iowa

Iowa Caucus Results:

Senator Bernie Sanders: 26.1% 12
Former Vice President Joe Biden 22.8% 10
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton  22.5% 10
Former Aransas Governor Mike Beebe 19.9% 9
Former DNC Chair Howard Dean 8.7% 3
Former Maryland Governor Martin O Maley .6%
Professor Larry Lessig .4%

New Hampshire Primary Results:

Senator Bernie Sanders: 37.9% 10
Former DNC Chair Howard Dean : 30.1% 8
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton : 17.2% 4
Former Vice President Joe Biden: 14.4 3
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe .4%

Total Delegate Count so far:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 14+ 205
Former Vice President Joe Biden 13 + 174
Former DNC Chair Howard Dean 11+ 91
Senator Bernie Sanders 20+ 19
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe 9+28
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2018, 03:00:25 AM »

Some of the early primary dates have changed from OTL but everything from Super Tuesday on will remain on the same date as OTL
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #361 on: May 10, 2018, 03:50:15 AM »

Wow Hillary is doing badly.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #362 on: May 10, 2018, 04:05:31 PM »

Romney Gives the 2016 State of the Union Address:

Romney: Thank You, Thank You. Mr. Vice President, Mr.Speaker, and members of Congress: Tonight marks the 4th time I have come to this chamber to report on the State of the Union and thankfully ever year I can report to you our state of the union is getting stronger and stronger(Standing Ovation). Since that first state of the union address I gave to this chamber , the Unemployment Rate has fallen from 8% to 4.7%(Applause), our deficits have fallen (Applause) , we have implemented a tax code which makes our nation more competitive globally(Applause) , reformed our healthcare system to focus on quality over quantity and reduced its costs , reformed our previously broken immigration system, passed education reform and passed new trade agreements (Applause). While yes we have achieved a lot we still have much more to do if we want to guarantee that America's best days will always be ahead of her(Applause).

The first thing we must continue and even speeding up the process of making sure that every tax dollar we spent is spent in the most efficient way possible(Applause). The reason its imperative we speed up the process is that over the next few years interest expenses on our debt will go up which means deficits will go back up if we don't speeden up the process. Inefficiencies in spending not only result in larger deficits, but they also make it harder of spending money in areas where we actually need to spend money in . An example of this is in the issue of our nation's infrastructure where our grades our slipping year by year and this past year was given a D+ which means our nation doesn't even receive a passing grade on our infrastructure. New infrastructure not only provides jobs in the short run but in the long run because if an area has good infrastructure it makes it easy for companies to expand and do business there which means new jobs in general. Now I want to ask you is it better to spend money in a wasteful manner or spend money in areas that will result in making it easier for areas to attract businesses(Congress yells attract Buisnesses). Exactly and that is why we must reform our spending habits as not only does rob money for future generations but it robs money from areas where we actually need to spend money in(Applause)

Now while doing all these things will make lives better for our own kids it won't mean much if we don't make sure they are living in a safer world than the world we are currently living in. The first thing we can do to make that happen is to completely and utterly destroy ISIS (Standing Ovation). Currently, our military and our allies have been successful in the opening stages of this battle as they have liberated Fallujah and many areas in Al-Anbar Iraq(Standing Ovation) . In this war just like we did in the war against the Nazis we will keep fighting until we liberate every single area that ISIS currently controls and totally destroy their ability to reign terror on this planet(Standing Ovation). Once we win this war though we must not make the same mistakes in the past as if we do we will be back here in 4 years fighting another war in Iraq. For that reason, I request Congress to authorize the use of funds so we can make sure we can keep non combat troops in Iraq after the war so we can guarantee that another group like ISIS ever rises again. Now just because we keep forces in Iraq doesnt mean they will be fighting a war , and they wont be because they will be non combat troops but we do need them there so we can keep the peace (Applause).

Thank You can may God Bless America(Applause)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #363 on: May 10, 2018, 04:32:00 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2018, 02:03:23 AM by Old School Republican »

Hillary Clinton wins narrowly in Nevada and big in South Carolina. Howard Dean drops out after Nevada, Joe Biden drops out after South Carolina

Nevada Caucus:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 29% 11
Senator Bernie Sanders 26% 9
Former Vice President Joe Biden 24% 8
Former DNC Chair Howard Dean 12% 4
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe 9% 3

South Carolina Primary:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 45% 24
Former Vice President Joe Biden 30% 16
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe 18% 9
Senator Bernie Sanders 7% 4

Total Delegate Count so far:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 49+ 421
Senator Bernie Sanders 33+ 26
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe 21+30
Former Vice President Joe Biden 37
Former DNC Chair Howard Dean 15

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #364 on: May 11, 2018, 01:44:24 AM »
« Edited: May 11, 2018, 02:03:38 AM by Old School Republican »

Super Tuesday Results: Clinton wins most of the delegates and 5/12 primaries while Sanders wins 4 primaries and Beebe wins 3.

Wolf Blitzer : As Super, Tuesday Wraps up lets look at the results:

Alabama: Clinton 61% 34 delegates , Beebe 31% 17 delegates , Sanders 8% 2 delegates
American Samona : Clinton 68% 4 delegates , Sanders 26% 2 delegates,  Beebe 6% 0 delegates

Arkansas: Beebe 70% 23 delegates, Clinton 23% 7 delegates , Sanders 9% 2 delegates
Colorado: Sanders 52%, 35 delegate  Clinton 30% , 20 delegates,   Beebe 18% , 11 delegates
Georgia: Clinton 57% 58 delegates , Beebe 33% 34 delegates,  Sanders 10% 10 delegates
Massachuttes: Sanders 44% 40 delegates , Clinton 43% 39 delegates , Beebe 13% 12 delegates
Minnesota: Sanders 56% 43 delegates  , Clinton 34% 26 delegates , Beebe 10% 8 delegates
Oklahoma : Beebe 67% 26 delegates , Sanders 17% 6 delegates , Clinton 16% 6 delegates
Tenneesse : Beebe 62% 42 delegates, Clinton 25% 17 delegates , Sanders 13% 8 delegates

Texas: Clinton 50% 111 delegates , Beebe: 31% 69 delegates , Sanders 19% 42 delegates
Vermont : Sanders 86% 16 delegates ,  Clinton 11% 0 delegates ,  Beebe 3% 0 delegates
Virginia: Clinton 51% 49 delegates , Beebe 25% 23 delegates , Sanders 24% 23 delegates

Primary Map So Far:

Total Delegate Count:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 420 + 447
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe 286 + 41
Senator Bernie Sanders 262 + 29
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #365 on: May 11, 2018, 02:33:01 AM »

Clinton will probably win. I'd support Dean and then Biden in the primary, but considering whoever wins will be a sacrifical lamb, I guess Clinton is find. I'd still vote for her or Beebe over Romney (Sanders probably not- while I agree with him on domestic policy more than Romney, it highly depends on his foreign policy).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #366 on: May 11, 2018, 03:22:01 AM »

Go Beebe!
PRESIDENT STANTON
United States

« Reply #367 on: May 11, 2018, 07:27:44 AM »

Will Hillary encounter email server issues as she did OLT? It's arguably true, knowing Hillary as is the case, if opportunity to use unauthorised email server, she would. Will wilkieleaks dump they did as they did in OLT. How would Romney react in such given circumstances?
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #368 on: May 11, 2018, 12:00:12 PM »

MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #369 on: May 11, 2018, 04:10:34 PM »

TBH I do not not think Romeny would have a 60% approval rating. I think by now it would be between 45-50%
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #370 on: May 11, 2018, 04:14:04 PM »

TBH I do not not think Romeny would have a 60% approval rating. I think by now it would be between 45-50%
Why did you quote my post without responding to it?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #371 on: May 11, 2018, 04:26:18 PM »

-The economy has significantly improved over the past 3 years

- Also in this TL healthcare reform never passes under Obama while it does under Romney so that helps him as well

- Romney has had one of the most successful legislative agenda since at least Reagan and maybe LBJ and thanks to Dems like Manchin he gets to claim he got some bipartisan support 

erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #372 on: May 11, 2018, 05:20:02 PM »

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #373 on: May 11, 2018, 06:54:56 PM »

It basically means he's seconding the point.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #374 on: May 12, 2018, 01:58:25 AM »
« Edited: May 12, 2018, 03:25:07 AM by Old School Republican »

Results of Democratic Primary between Super Tuesday and Super Tuesday 2

John King : As you may know Super Tuesday Two is tomorrow so lets look at the results so far since the previous Super Tuesday.

Kansas : Beebe 66% 22 Delegates, Sanders 21% 7 Delegates , Clinton 13% 4 Delegates
Lousiana : Clinton : 62% 32 Delegates , Beebe 30% 15 Delegates , Sanders 8% 4 Delegates
Nebraska: Beebe 60% 15 Delegates , Sanders 28% 7 Delegates , Clinton 12% 3 Delegates
Maine : Sanders 58% 15 delegates  , Clinton 31% 8 delegates , Beebe 11% 2 delegates
Mississippi : Clinton 69% 26 delegates , Beebe: 22% 8 delegates , Sanders 9% 2 delegates
Michigan: Sanders 35% 46 Delegates , Clinton 34% 44 Delegates , Beebe 31% 40 Delegates
Democrats Aborad: Sanders 66% 9 delegates , Clinton 31% 4 delegates , Beebe 3% 0 delegates
Northern Mariana : Clinton 54% 3 delegates, Sanders 34% 2 delegates, Beebe 12% 1 delegate

Primary Map So Far:

Total Delegate Count:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 544 + 449
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe 389 + 41
Senator Bernie Sanders 354 + 29

John King: As You can see while Secretary Clinton may not have the majority of the pledged delegates she would still win on the first ballot due to the Super Delegates. Some people ask why the Democrats have Super Delegates, and the reason is this as the person who may clearly have the most pledged delegates may not win on the first ballot due to not having a majority so instead of having more balloting which could lead to an inner party deal the Supers step in and stop that from happening. Now the reason the GOP doesn't have it is they have a winner take all primaries in many states or primaries where winners take vast majority of a state delegates and get to a majority that way.

Looking ahead to tomorrow primaries we believe that Secretary Clinton will win Florida ,  Governor Beebe will win Missouri , Illinois will be a tossup between Secretary Clinton and Senator Sanders , North Carolina will be a tossup between Secretary Clinton and Governor Beebe , and Ohio will be a three-way tossup
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies