The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:11:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 104882 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2018, 02:51:56 AM »
« edited: May 12, 2018, 03:14:18 AM by Old School Republican »

Clinton wins big on Super Tuesday 2 with wins in 4 of the 5 primaries

Florida: Clinton 56% 121 Delegates , Beebe 27% 58 Delegates , Sanders 17% 35 Delegates
North Carolina: Clinton 46% 51 Delegates , Beebe 33% 35 Delegates , Sanders 21% 21 Delegates
Ohio: Clinton 38% 54 Delegates , Beebe 34% 49 Delegates , Sanders 28% 40 Delegates

Missouri : Beebe 51% 37 Delegates , Clinton 33% 23 Delegates , Sanders 16% 11 Delegates
Illinois: Clinton 42% 66 Delegates , Sanders 40% 62 Delegates , Beebe 18% 28 Delegates

Primary Map So Far:

Total Delegate Count:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 859+ 467
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe 596 + 44
Senator Bernie Sanders 523+ 32

John King: As you can see Hilary has expanded her lead but this may be the last primary she wins until New York as the map until then favors Governor Beebe and Senators Sanders . Another problem she may have is the FBI investigation into her emails which could derail her candidacy even in the primaries.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2018, 03:35:09 AM »

Looks like Hilldog is going to be the nominee. I'd probably vote for her reluctantly, but I would be ok with a second term of Romney giving his performance so far, hoping the Democrats get their act together and win 2020 decisively with someone like Steve Bullock, Kamala Harris or Gavin Newsom. Anyway, great TL!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #377 on: May 12, 2018, 08:40:14 PM »

Breaking News: Terrorist Attack in Brussels perputed by ISIS kills 23 Civilians. Romney and other NATO allies react 

Romney: These attacks are another example of why the world must not let up in this fight against ISIS. They are despicable in every way, and we must not stop until they are defeated totally as the consequences of anything but total victory will be horrible. 

Cameron : While ISIS may think that they can scare our people into surrendering, they have failed. Instead our resolve to defeat them grows by the day and we will not let up until they are totally defeated.

Merkel: Today is a sad reminder of the consequences of what not achieving victory in the war against ISIS will be. For that reason we must make sure that not only they are defeated but defeated in such a way they cant cause harm on this planet ever again.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2018, 08:56:16 PM »

Allies Liberate Ramadi , along with over 90% of Anbar. In Syria , Syrian Forces are beginning to recapture much of the territory controlled by ISIS

Wolf Blitzer: We have some breaking news and that is Allied forces have liberated Ramadi and over 90% of the Anbar province in Iraq. Once again thanks to a large number of allied forces on the ground, any attempts of an insurgency in Ramadi have easily been squashed by the Allies . In Syria, Syrian Forces are beginning to recapture much of the territory controlled by ISIS. Many people are comparing this war to where WW2 was in late 1944 , where just like in WW2 the American Led Allies are on the offensive in the Western Front and in this case the Iraqi Front while the Russian Led Allies are on the offensive in the Eatern Front and in this case the Syrian Front and due to the war becoming a two front war the Nazis were defeated and ISIS is getting defeated as well.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #379 on: May 13, 2018, 01:41:45 AM »
« Edited: May 13, 2018, 01:49:36 AM by Old School Republican »

Results of Democratic Primaries between Super Tuesday 2 and Super Tuesday 3.

Arizona: Clinton 47% 35 delegates, Beebe 29% 22 delegates, Sanders 24% 18 delegates
Idaho: Beebe 68% 16 delegates , Sanders 22% 5 delegates  , Clinton 10% 2 delegates
Utah: Beebe 71% 23 delegates , Sanders 18% 6 delegates , Clinton 11% 4 delegates
Alaska: Beebe 62% 10 delegates, Sanders 29% 5 delegates, Clinton 9% 1 delegate

Hawaii: Sanders 67% 17 delegates, Clinton 30% 8 delegates, Beebe 3% 0 delegates
Washington : Sanders 61% 62 delegates, Clinton 25% 25 delegates , Beebe 14% 14 delegates
Wisonsin : Sanders 48% 41 delegates , Clinton 27% 23 delegates, Beebe 25% 22 delegates

Wyoming: Beebe 73% 10 delegates , Sanders 14% 2 delegates, Clinton 13% 2 delegates
New York: Clinton 48% 119 Delegates , Sanders 30% 74 delegates , Beebe 22% 54 delegates

Primary Map So Far:

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 1078+ 519
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe 767+ 44
Senator Bernie Sanders 753+ 32
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #380 on: May 13, 2018, 01:47:57 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2018, 02:04:57 PM by Old School Republican »

Clinton Wins Big on Super Tuesday 3 and expands her delegate lead, and Bernie Sanders moves into 2nd in overall delegate count

Connecticut: Sanders 44% 24 delegates, Clinton 42% 23 delegates, Beebe 14% 8 delegates
Deleware: Clinton 53% 11 delegates, Sanders 37% 8 delegates , Beebe 10% 2 delegates
Maryland: Clinton 61% 58 delegates , Sanders 30% 29 delegates , Beebe 9% 8 delegates
Pennsyvania: Clinton 40% 76 delegates , Sanders 31% 59 delegates , Beebe 29% 54 delegates

Rhode Island : Sanders 49% 12 delegates, Clinton 35% 8 delegates , Beebe 16% 4 delegates

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 1254 + 528
Senator Bernie Sanders 885+ 32
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe 843+ 44
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #381 on: May 14, 2018, 03:06:10 AM »

Romney meets with Prime Minister Cameron to talk about the Post War strategy for stability in Iraq, trade issues, and the EU referendum  :

Cameron: I want to start out by thanking the President of the United States for coming to the UK today to discuss issues facing the interests of both our nations. Obviously, the first one is to come up with a strategy to guarantee that post-War Iraq will be stable as the best way to stop terrorist groups like ISIS from ever getting strong again is by being a stable nation. Also it is in both of our nation's interests to not have to go back to Iraq 5 years from now and fight another war there which we will have to if Iraq cant remain a stable nation.

Romney: I also want to start out by thanking the Prime Minister for Inviting me to 10 Downing Street to discuss the many issues facing not only both our countries but the world itself. The best way for terrorism to be defeated before they can even become a threat is by having strong and stable democracies and for that to occur in Iraq we must have a clear and concise post-war strategy which helps fix many of the issues that led to Iraq being unstable itself. We also both agree that both the strategy employed after 2003 and 2011 were a mistake which made the problems in Iraq worse instead of better and we must make sure that does not happen again.

News Reporter: You also discussed the trade and the EU

Cameron: Well trade between our nations is beneficial to our economies but as you know there are always ways to make something better and the President and I were discussing ways we can make trade policies between our nations better.

News Reporter: Mr.President what is your position on the EU referendum and what did you discuss about it

Romney: Well while my position is that it would be better if the people of the UK voted to stay in the EU , it is not my call to make and as President of a nation that the people of the UK consider a true friend I fully will respect any decision the UK people make on this issue. Also I promised that my campaign team, my cabinet, my advisors  , and I will stay fully out of this campaign as this is not an issue for us to decide it is an issue for the people of the UK to decide.

Cameron and Romney shake Hands
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #382 on: May 14, 2018, 03:41:26 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2018, 03:57:55 PM by Old School Republican »

Results of Democratic Primaries between Super Tuesday 3 and the Super Tuesday 4

Indiana: Beebe: 37% 31 delegates , Sanders 34% 28 delegates , Clinton 30% 24 delegates
Guam: Clinton : 54% 4 delegates, Sanders 38% 3 delegates , Beebe 8% 0 delegates
West Virginia: Beebe 77% 22 delegates , Clinton 13% 4 delegates, Sanders 10% 3 delegates
Kentucky: Beebe 62% 34 delegates , Clinton 23% 13 delegates, Sanders 15% 8 delegates

Oregon: Sanders 47% 29 delegates , Clinton 35% 22 delegates, Beebe 18% 11 delegates
Virgin Islands: Clinton 86% 7 delegates, Sanders 8% 0 delegates , Beebe 6% 0 delegates
Puerto Rico: Clinton 56% 34 delegates , Sanders 35% 21 delegates, Beebe 9% 5 delegates

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 1362 +556
Senator Bernie Sanders 977 +32
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe 946 +44

John King: While people may think this nomination is going to go to a contested convention because of the fact that Hillary needs 464 of the 716 delegates up tomorrow which means she needs 64.8% which is unlikely , remember there are also 84 superdelegates left outstanding who said that they would wait till the end of the primaries before endorsing anyone and would support the winner of the pledged delegates. Now If you put those 84 into Hillary column she will only need 380 pledged delegates tomorrow or 53% of the delegates up tomorrow.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2018, 06:30:35 PM »

Results of the Final Democratic Primaries: Hillary Clinton still 52 Delegates short of Nomination

District of Columbia: Clinton 75% 15 Delegates, Sanders 20%  4 Delegates, Beebe 5% 1 Delegate
New Jersey: Clinton 60% 71 Delegates , Sanders 25% 31 Delegates, Beebe 19% 24 Delegates
New Mexico: Clinton 47% 16 Delegates , Sanders 40% 14 Delegates , Beebe 13% 4 Delegates
North Dakota: Beebe 61% 11 Delegates , Sanders 24% 4 Delegates, Clinton 15% 3 Delegates
South Dakota: Beebe 64% 13 Delegates , Clinton 19% 4 Delegates , Sanders 17% 3 Delegates
Montana: Beebe 35% 8 Delegates , Sanders 34% 7 Delegates, Clinton 31% 6 Delegates

California: Clinton 45%  214 Delegates, Sanders 35% 166 Delegates , Beebe 20% 95 Delegates

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 1690+640 = 2330
Senator Bernie Sanders 1207+32 = 1239
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Beebe 1102+44 = 1146

John King: So While it does look like the convention will be contested 11 of Senator Sanders superdelegates have said they will vote for Secretary Clinton if she is not indicted, and sources show that if Clinton is not indicted Governor Beebe will drop out and ask his superdelegates to vote for Secretary Clinton meaning that if Clinton is not indicated she will get another 55 Super Delegates to her column which will put her over the top .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #384 on: May 15, 2018, 01:11:22 AM »

Breaking News: 49 people murdered in a mass shooting which occurred in an Orlando LGBT Nightclub. Perputor of the Terrorist Attack pledged allegiance to ISIS before the shooting and was killed in a firefight after police arrived.

Anderson Cooper: If you are just coming in , we have very tragic news to report to you and that is 49 people were murdered by a Terrorist in an LGBT Bar in Orlando. The Terrorist responsible for this attack was killed in a firefight with police who arrived on the scene. This tragic situation shows us that we have a long way to go in our nation on LGBT issues, and we must educate our kids that just as it is not ok to hate someone because of their race and sex its also not ok to hate someone because of their sexual identity.

President's Reaction:
Romney Reacts to Attack: Today was a very tragic day for our country as 49 people who decided to go have fun in an LGBT nightclub were murdered in an act of terror. Not only was this an act of terror but an act of extreme hatred against the LGBT community and as a nation we should come together to renounce hatred of all kinds and treat everyone no matter who they are just like you yourself would like to be treated. Hatred of another human beings should not be tolerated as if hatred is tolerated it can lead to violence and that is something nobody wants. For the families of the 49 victims, our thoughts and prayers go out to you and we promise that we will be for you if you need it.

Clinton calls for Gun Control after Attacks:

Clinton: I want to start out by giving my condolences to the families of the victims in today's terrorist attack. What happened today was an act of hate that should never ever happen in our country and the best way to do that is just as the president said is to make sure that you call out hatred wherever you see it and we must educate our children to let them know hatred is not ok. While we must do that , that is not enough as unfortunately, there will always be evil people in the world and if we want to stop them from doing harm we must pass common-sense gun control to make sure guns dont get in their hands.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #385 on: May 15, 2018, 01:20:49 AM »

I actually expected Bernie to win because of the divided primary and the Dem base would be more rebellious after their 2012 defeat. Still, wonder if Hillary has a shot in the GE or is Mondale 2.0?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2018, 01:23:07 AM »

I actually expected Bernie to win because of the divided primary and the Dem base would be more rebellious after their 2012 defeat. Still, wonder if Hillary has a shot in the GE or is Mondale 2.0?

Currently it’s Mondale  2.0 in the popular vote but in the electoral vote it’s something in between Dukakis 1988 and Dole 1996 (closer to Dole though than Dukakis)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #387 on: May 15, 2018, 02:42:45 AM »

UK EU Referendum: Remain Wins as people vote to stay in the EU

Results:

Remain: 17,648,343(52.6%)
Leave: 15,903,640(47.4%)

BBC Commentator: If Leave had won , Prime Minister Cameron was planning to resign but since Remain has won he will continue being Prime Minister.

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #388 on: May 15, 2018, 03:28:51 AM »

Yay! This makes it a much more FF timeline of events globally Tongue
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #389 on: May 15, 2018, 02:16:44 PM »

Hillary Clinton will not be indicted in Email Probe as FBI clears her

Comey: While Mrs.Clinton and her colleagues were careless in their handling of classified information, their actions were not criminal and for that reason, we will be recommending that Secretary Hillary not be charged for these actions.

Mike Beebe Drops Out and Endorses Clinton:

Beebe: I want to thank everyone who supported, volunteered for this campaign as we could not have made it this far without you. Now while we all wanted to win , the Democratic Voters clearly preferred that Secretary Clinton be their candidate and it showed in the votes . As a country that respects the will of the voters she deserves to be the nominee but the reason we stayed in after the primaries ended was we are also a nation of laws and any candidate indicted for a crime should not be a candidate in my opinion. Now that the FBI cleared her its obvious she passes both those criterias and for that reason I have decided to drop out of the race and endorse Secretary Clinton for President of the United States. Thank You once again , may god Bless You and may god Bless America.

CNN Projection: Clinton wins Nomination 

Wolf Blitzer: Now that 11 Senator Sanders Super Delegates and all of Governor Beebe's Superdelegates have announced they will support Secretary Clinton we now can make this major projection.

Wolf Blitzer: We can now project that Secretary Clinton will be the presumptive Democratic Nominee and will become the first women to be nominated by either party for President.

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2018, 02:39:43 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2018, 02:50:15 PM by Old School Republican »

Bernie Sanders campaign manager Jeff Weaver talks to Senator Sanders about a potential Green Party Run for President(Private Conversation).

Weaver : Bernie Now that Secretary Clinton has won the Democratic Nomination, many of your supporters want you to run for President as a third-party candidate. If you are interested Dr.Jill Stein has told me that she would drop out of the race and endorse you for the Green Party's Nomination for President.

Bernie: While I do believe Hillary Clinton is not a real progressive, she is still better than having Mitt Romney for 4 more years and all a third party run would do is hand him the election.

Weaver: Whether you run or not I dont think there is a chance Hillary has of winning this election as she trails The President by more than 15 points and is almost certain of losing States such as Oregon , New Mexico and Maine and has a good chance of losing states like New Jersey and Washington. If you run a third party while yes it would probably cause even the strongest Democratic States to be in jeopardy you can send a message to the Democratic Party of not endorsing Clinton. As you may know, whether Romney wins 300 , 380 , 400 or even 500 electoral votes actually makes no difference as Bush remember got more of his right wing agenda passed with 271 electoral votes after 2000 than Reagan did with 525 after 1984 due to the make up of congress. Now in my opinion this election is going to be like 1924 with a Right Wing Republican President guaranteed for President and a Democratic Nominee who is not a liberal and is guaranteed to lose.

Sanders: True and in 1924 Robert Follette ran as a nomination of a progressive third party and was able to send a message to the Democratic Party that they cant keep ignoring Progressives in their party.

Weaver: Exactly and due to that in 4 years the Democratic Party moved to the left when they nominated Al Smith and 8 years later nominated the most liberal President Ever FDR. Without Follette run they may never have gotten that message and instead continued to nominate people like John Davis Instead .

Sanders: Ok I will consider it but I will need to have a running mate who not only is a true progressive who has a good amount of political experience while at the same time not having potential to be a rising star in the Democratic Party. So we cannot nominate people like Tulsi Gabbard, Jeff Merkley as our vp if we do it.

Weaver: Ill send over the list to you if you decide to continue to run for President but this time as a green party member.

Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #391 on: May 15, 2018, 02:58:53 PM »

Loving this Timeline but I know Hillary is going to get blown out of the water by Mittens.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #392 on: May 15, 2018, 03:06:24 PM »

Loving this Timeline but I know Hillary is going to get blown out of the water by Mittens.

Thanks I am glad you liked it .

Also don’t worry the Republicans fortunes won’t stay this good for much long after this election
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #393 on: May 15, 2018, 06:22:22 PM »

Predicted 2016 Senate Race results in this time line:

R Gain: NV
D Gain: IL
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #394 on: May 15, 2018, 10:54:07 PM »

Hillary Clinton names former Iowa Governor and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack as her running mate:

Clinton: Thank You , Thank You. As you may know, one of the most important decisions a Presidential Candidate must make is selecting their running mate who potentially may become our nation's Vice President. That person must be qualified, shares your ideals, and loyal as they will be your top advisor while your president, and god help if anything to the President, immediately take over as President. After a month of vetting and searching for potential running mates I have decided to select Governor and Secretary Tom Vilsack as my running mate . Secretary Vilsack is uniquely qualified for the job as not only does he have executive experience from being a great Governor of  Iowa for 8 years he headed a very important federal department for 4 years as well and both those qualities are what we need as our next Vice President . Now it is my honor to introduce to you my good friend and the next Vice President of the United States Tom Vilsack

Vilsack: I want to start off by thanking Secretary Clinton of giving me this opportunity of being her running mate , and potentially being the next Vice President of this country. Secretary Clinton has been a great friend of mine for many years and I find it no greater honor to hopefully serve this nation with her over hopefully the next 8 years. Secretary Clinton is also uniquely qualified to be President as her time as a Senator and Secretary of State gives her in-depth knowledge of how our legislative and diplomatic process works and both are very important things to have experience in if you are president.  Even as first lady she helped pass CHIP which gave millions of poor children healthcare and now she will use that experience to make sure everyone as Healthcare. God Bless You and May God Bless America.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #395 on: May 16, 2018, 12:28:04 AM »

Bernie Sanders announces he will continue his campaign for the Presidency but as a member of the Green Party. Sanders also names his running mate in the same speech

Sanders: Thank You , Thank You. As you may know a few days ago Secretary Clinton passed the magic number to become the nominee for the Democratic Party. Now many in the Democratic Party Establishment have called on me to drop out of the Democratic Race and I have decided that yes I will indeed drop out of the race(crowd booes) but I will not drop out of the Presidential Race (Applause) as our country needs to at the very least have a viable progressive option on the ballot in November. For that reason I have decided to run as a member of the Green Party(Applause) for the Presidency because we need a candidate on the ballot who will finally stand up for the working class instead of the top 1%, a candidate who opposes this interventionist foreign policy , opposes trade deals which ship our jobs overseas and support joining the rest of the world in providing healthcare for all(Applause) . The fact is for many years the Democratic Party was the Party of the Working Class but now both the Republicans and the Democrats have turned into the party of big business and we need to finally stand up and say enough Is enough. I also want to introduce my running mate, Congressman Dennis Kucinich who is a true progressive who opposed the Iraq war despite the entire establishment telling him otherwise and always stands up for the working class in this country.

Kucinich: I truly agree with Senator Sanders that we need an credible alternative to both Romney and Hillary this November. Both Romney and Hillary are in favor of trade deals which ship our jobs overseas , in favor of an interventionist foreign policy which makes our nation and world less safe and both favor corporations over the working class. I became a Democrat because of great presidents such as FDR fighting for the working class and telling the oligrachs that he welcomes their hatred but no, unfortunately, that party has morphed into being a Republican lite party. This is why we must have a credible third party this November as that is the only way we can take our country back from the corrupt establishment.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #396 on: May 16, 2018, 04:02:21 AM »

Tbh I wanted Clinton to pick Vilsack IOTL so good choice.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #397 on: May 16, 2018, 04:20:42 AM »

What would your prediction for both the Presidential and the Senate(just tell me which seats you think will Flip ).

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #398 on: May 16, 2018, 05:11:45 AM »

What would your prediction for both the Presidential and the Senate(just tell me which seats you think will Flip ).

Not sure yet about presidential. With the Senate is it the same seats as irl? I think the GOP will retain New Hampshire and gain Nevada(they may well have without the Access Hollywood tape), so no net change(as they still lose Illinois and I struggle to see any further gains).
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #399 on: May 16, 2018, 09:07:34 AM »

Ooh Green Bernie candidacy. This will probably destroy his credibility, and I'm also interested in seeing what electoral map it produces. Hopefully he wins at least a few states to make it interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 38  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies