VT-SEN 2024: Bernout? (update: Bernin)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:28:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VT-SEN 2024: Bernout? (update: Bernin)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: VT-SEN 2024: Bernout? (update: Bernin)  (Read 1884 times)
Compuzled_One
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2024, 12:33:09 PM »

Welp, let's just hope Vermont doesn't still have a Republican governor when he dies in office.
Bernie looks healthy enough, I don't think he'll die. That being said, this likely is his last term given he decided 24 days till the deadline, so I think he'll go into retirement in 2030 (and unless something insane happens, he ain't running for President again either).
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2024, 12:47:01 PM »

Bernie's true love in life is being a pain in the ass to those in power. Of course he'll be here till he dies.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2024, 01:31:57 PM »

Impressive how alert he still sounds. Normally I'd have reservations given his age, but I don't know how anyone could look at him and doubt that he's fully capable of doing the job.
Miked0920
Rookie
United States
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2024, 10:32:59 PM »

Thank god Bernie ran again, I like him and Im glad he is ensuring that his seat stays true blue. Had he retired instead it would have been the fall of a true icon, and it even could have even turned into a similar scenario to the Maryland Senate race. Especially had he retired instead and Phil Scott the popular moderate GOP Governor ran in an open seat scenario and tried to take the seat for the GOP.

Its all moot now however that Bernie is running again, and Scott is certainly staying put and probably running for re election as governor, a possible scare has been averted in Vermont.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2024, 09:06:57 PM »

I assume he will still run for reelection as an independent? Doesn't want to be a Democrat except for when he runs for President?
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2024, 10:31:46 PM »

Now that he's officially thrown his hat into the ring again, one of the things to consider is what the county/municipality map would look like in terms of the final result. Back in 2006, Sanders won all but 1 municipality, while he swept all municipalities in 2012 and lost about a dozen or so municipalities in 2018. However, Essex County was carried by Trump in both 2016 and 2020, and by the Republican House and Senate candidates in 2022, so it remains to be seen whether Sanders can hold on to this county this year.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2024, 02:55:23 PM »

I assume he will still run for reelection as an independent? Doesn't want to be a Democrat except for when he runs for President?

It's Vermont. They love Bernie regardless of label and Bernie would never run for president as an Independent because he isn't stupid.

Anyhow

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2024, 03:03:06 PM »

It's Vermont. They love Bernie regardless of label and Bernie would never run for president as an Independent because he isn't stupid.

Anyhow

Recommended for the song. Smiley
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2024, 11:59:10 AM »

Video not available in Greece
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2024, 07:39:11 PM »

Bernie's true love in life is being a pain in the ass to those in power. Of course he'll be here till he dies.

And we love him for it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies