President Obama Forum Approval Rating (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 08:08:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  President Obama Forum Approval Rating (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you approve or disapprove of President Barack Obama ?
Strongly Approve

Somewhat Approve

Somewhat Disapprove

Strongly Disapprove

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: President Obama Forum Approval Rating  (Read 2178 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: January 14, 2011, 01:16:45 PM »

I continue to approve of his performance.  I may or may not vote for him again next time. 

I voted "strongly approve" but it's not as though I don't frequently find fault in his actions.  The G20 fiasco was a low point, as was the hideous attempt to ingratiate himself with the Olympics committee.  And his Afghan policy is fragile, at best, but overall on foreign policy I agree with most of what he has done.  His domestic agenda doesn't give me a raging hard-on, but I respect his calls for moderation in the tone of politics (although I think it is unrealistic to expect the tone to change).  I also heard most of his funeral speech and thought it was appropriate.  (Some have called it "healing" but that's asinine.  Only time will heal.  Parents have lost children, a House member is likely to be a vegetable for the rest of her life, and a judge has been murdered, along with several others.  Talking heads and politicians, almost immediately have cynically exploited the shootings for partisan posturing.  Nothing Obama can say will "heal" any of that.)  Still, it was an excellent speech.  And the White House declining to comment on Palin's Blood-Libel statement was wise and moderate.  Overall, he seems to have learned to walk and chew gum at the same time, so to speak. 

The upcoming summit between the American and Chinese presidents will be a real test, as it takes place at a time when advisors to both Hu and Obama are emphasizing conflict rather than cooperation.  A Cold War between the US and Chna would bring about an international re-alignment and cause disputes around the world at a time when issues such as nuclear proliferation, the environment, energy and climate require global cooperation.  Ask us again after that meeting is over how we feel about Obama.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies