Ohio redistricting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:00:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Ohio redistricting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio redistricting thread  (Read 92442 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: January 15, 2022, 04:40:26 PM »

I don't normally visit this board, but I'm stopping in to say that I was genuinely thrilled by this SC decision. Illinois, North Carolina, Texas, and Wisconsin should go on the chopping block next.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 08:42:44 PM »

I don't normally visit this board, but I'm stopping in to say that I was genuinely thrilled by this SC decision. Illinois, North Carolina, Texas, and Wisconsin should go on the chopping block next.

One of these is not like the rest.

Wisconsin might not be as bad as the others, but its partisan breakdown is ridiculously disproportionate.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 10:00:39 PM »

One of these is not like the rest.

Wisconsin might not be as bad as the others, but its partisan breakdown is ridiculously disproportionate.

Its currently 5r 3d. It will probably end up at 6r 2d but that isn't due to any gerrymandering. Infact gerrymandering kinda makes it less likely it is 6r 2d.  The shape of wi03 is certainly ridiculous and wi01 could be cleaned up in one direction or the other(it should either have Rock County or be more Milwaukee based instead of doing both)

When you analyze district fairness, do you focus on matching the partisan results to the composition of the electorate or do you focus on keeping the districts geographically compact?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 04:19:54 PM »

To replace the rejected Ohio map, this is my humble suggestion. Please give constructive criticism and feedback.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 09:09:41 PM »

This is completely serious. Please don't mock my efforts.

Here's my Pennsylvania map.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies