Where the hell is the war coverage? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:21:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Where the hell is the war coverage? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where the hell is the war coverage?  (Read 5514 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 10, 2008, 05:04:30 AM »

Is this surprising to people? The news plays whatever they think their audience will be interested in and apparently American's couldn't give a damn what is happening in Georgia right now. The media doesn't have a liberal or conservative bias, they play whatever will make them money. Some of the republicans who scream liberal media now should go back and look at the war coverage by the same "liberal" media in 2003.
To be a little fair, it is the weekend.  Come Monday morning if(when?) they still suck on the subject we can toss the last pile of dirt on the casket that is the TV news media.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 04:45:27 PM »

CNN just gave an entire segment to the war...and actually now that I think about they've been talking about it for awhile now.  Made a big deal of speech Bush just gave about it.  My cable company has a digital channel that shows all the major news networks and you can cycle around.  Bush was halfway through his speech before FoxNews cut to it.  As soon as it was over it was back to drug busts on the border and Obama on vacation.

Kudos to CNN
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 04:56:12 PM »

It's not easy for me to say that.  I'm no fan of CNN.  But they did a good job on the subject.  They went to a comercial, I got bored and now I'm watching Code Monkeys off of the DVR.  God damned Americans and the....what was I typing about?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 05:02:29 PM »

It's not easy for me to say that.  I'm no fan of CNN.  But they did a good job on the subject.  They went to a comercial, I got bored and now I'm watching Code Monkeys off of the DVR.  God damned Americans and the....what was I typing about?
You can watch Code Monkeys without changing the channel in disgust?
The Atari 2600 was once a very important part of my life.  I enjoy "adult" cartoons that are very stupid, promote stereotypes and have tons of pot references.  Code Monkeys is right in my sweet spot.

..but I can certainly see why others would find it painfull to watch.  Thank the god's the free market has given us so many channels to chose from!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies