2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:12:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election: Game Thread  (Read 78723 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: January 17, 2015, 03:02:09 PM »

I'll give a final extension for this round until tomorrow at 11:59pm EST
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #826 on: January 17, 2015, 06:39:23 PM »

I'll give a final extension for this round until tomorrow at 11:59pm EST

OOC: As much as I hate to undercut my "running mate", I'm not sure another extension to this turn is worth it..

If RGN and DKR are willing to combine two turns, into their next turn though, I'd let them do that.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #827 on: January 17, 2015, 06:41:38 PM »

RIP 2008 game
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #828 on: January 17, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »

I'll be honest with you guys. I've lost a lot of interest in this game. The 2004 game was great and a novel idea at the time, but we've been playing essentially the same game since March of 2014. I hoped that running for re-election would put the spark back into it, but it hasn't.

I think part of the blame for the decline in the "fun" aspect of the game lies with NHI. Every round the summary is essentially the same. "It's close, but President Giuliani is still favored". Literally. There are no October surprises, there was no Great Recession, there are no events outside of the election. That killed a lot of the fun for me.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #829 on: January 17, 2015, 08:43:21 PM »

I'll be honest with you guys. I've lost a lot of interest in this game. The 2004 game was great and a novel idea at the time, but we've been playing essentially the same game since March of 2014. I hoped that running for re-election would put the spark back into it, but it hasn't.

I think part of the blame for the decline in the "fun" aspect of the game lies with NHI. Every round the summary is essentially the same. "It's close, but President Giuliani is still favored". Literally. There are no October surprises, there was no Great Recession, there are no events outside of the election. That killed a lot of the fun for me.

So do you want to replace NHI, or just kill the game?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #830 on: January 17, 2015, 08:46:12 PM »

So do you want to replace NHI, or just kill the game?

I don't know that we need to kill the game, but I don't want to play anymore. If someone wants to take over as Giuliani I'd be more than willing to hand him over.
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #831 on: January 18, 2015, 02:14:16 AM »

Same with me. But I think that we should keep this running.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #832 on: January 18, 2015, 03:27:31 AM »

Same with me. But I think that we should keep this running.

Outside of replacing NHI, I'm not sure it will keep running, as much as I'd like it to...
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

« Reply #833 on: January 18, 2015, 07:21:12 AM »

If this will continue, I will post this and the next in the next turn
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #834 on: January 18, 2015, 10:40:22 AM »

I apologize for the game's decline, I do wish it was brought to my attention earlier, as I would have done something to improve the quality, but it seems now there is no interest in continuing.

If someone else wants to take over the game - fine, but I will no longer continue as the moderator.

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #835 on: January 18, 2015, 11:31:07 AM »

It's April in the game...
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #836 on: January 18, 2015, 11:38:46 AM »

It's April in the game...

In either 2004 or the 2008. Nothing happened outside of the elections themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies