Opinion of TarHeelGent (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 07:38:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of TarHeelGent (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: .
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 102

Author Topic: Opinion of TarHeelGent  (Read 1866 times)
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« on: September 20, 2021, 11:30:00 AM »

Surprised my approval % is this high considering how hostile certain users here are against me, ngl.
THG
TheTarHeelGent
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 01:20:53 PM »

Automatic HP for antivax sentiment.

I strongly dislike THG, but honestly, that's a bit unfair to him - you are mostly correct but the term 'antivax' may be a slight stretch. He claims to have gotten vaccinated, so he's not really anti-vax. I do agree, however, that he's annoying to when it comes to getting others vaccinated. Wouldn't quite call it 'anti-vaccine', but it's still annoying that he opposes any and all efforts to get more people vaccinated, and then when you try to point it out as bordering anti-vaccine, he gets defensive, calls himself 'pro-vaccine' and tells anyone who'll listen (and enough who won't) that he's gotten vaccinated himself. Still wouldn't call it 'anti-vaccine,' necessarily, but I'd prefer it if he stopped being a flip-flopper on the issue and just stayed consistently and coherantly pro- or anti-vaccine (can't have it both ways).

Opposing vaccine mandates is essentially opposing vaccines. There is no reason to do so (yes, actual religious communities that don’t take vaccines have been around forever and we’ve all found work around) unless you are either indulging in anti-vax nonsense or a sovereign citizen tier nut.

Or maybe he believes people should have the right to make whatever decisions they want even if they are extremely stupid and risky .  Also you can’t compare this to other vax mandates given I’m not sure the government has mandated you carry around a list of your immunizations before you are allowed to dine in at a restaurant before .

Schools are different cause that is run by the government so they justifiably can make their own rules but restaurants are not government run so the decision of whether to implement a vaccine mandate should be made by the owner of the restaurant or business  and not the government.

Given that THG is an economic conservative as well , this position makes complete sense as economic conservatives generally oppose regulating businesses more 

But refusing to get vaccinated or follow mask mandates doesn't just stupidly risk one's own health and safety, but that of everyone in the community. His cavalier  Is attitude towards such measures isn't consistent with  It's being an economic conservative, but much more like those free those fringe libertarians who believe that speed limits are an unconstitutional are an unconstitutional infringement upon personal liberties papa liberties, and they're right to drive 80 miles an hour through a school zone should not be not be restricted By the oppressive heavy hand of government.

THG literally is vaccinated and believes people should get vaccinated. He just believes the government should force businesses to implement mandates.

This. And if expressing such a sentiment constitutes an “anti-vaxxer” I have nothing to say other than the fact that the definition means nothing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies