Largest Cities to Go Republican in Each State (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:21:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Largest Cities to Go Republican in Each State (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Largest Cities to Go Republican in Each State  (Read 7271 times)
Franknburger
Germany

« on: June 16, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »

How did you determine Arlington as largest REP city in Texas? Based on precinct data as given by the Tarrant Election Office, which would have been quite cumbersome? Or did you have other sources (e.g. newspaper articles)?
Looking at county data alone, Forth Worth may have been the largest Texan city that voted Republican. Corpus Christi looks pretty much tied. Laredo went definitely Republican, as did Amarillo, Abilene, Midland and Odessa.
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 08:39:35 PM »

How did you determine Arlington as largest REP city in Texas? Based on precinct data as given by the Tarrant Election Office, which would have been quite cumbersome? Or did you have other sources (e.g. newspaper articles)?
Looking at county data alone, Forth Worth may have been the largest Texan city that voted Republican. Corpus Christi looks pretty much tied. Laredo went definitely Republican, as did Amarillo, Abilene, Midland and Odessa.

Yep, I used Dave's Redistricting App and within city lines, McCain won it, so Romney most definitely won it. Although Fort Worth lines are quite messy, what I can tell is that it went 53% Obama. Also the other cities you mentioned, don't you mean Laredo went definitely Democratic? Amarillo, Abilene, Midland and Odessa are all solidly republican as you said. Corpus Christi Leans Republican, but doesn't matter because it's not bigger than Arlington.

Well, If Fort Worth was 53% Obama, but Tarrant County 57% Romney, chances are pretty good that Arlington was won by Romney.

As to Laredo - it of course went Democratic. I meant Lubbock (don't know why I wrote Laredo instead, I seem to get old ..)
Franknburger
Germany

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 02:50:22 PM »

Delaware is really a mess. Their voting district lines only occasionally correspond to city / township boundaries.

I tried the math on Hockessin. In those six voting districts that fully fall within the township boundaries, or only include a minor part of a neighbouring township, Romney won 3071:3060. There are, however, three more voting districts that cover a relevant portion of Hockessin, but also of neighbouring townships. They went 1884:1756 Obama. The total of all districts that include parts of Hockessin is 4944:4877 Obama.

Looking at the above figures, I would say that there is a slight chance that Rpmney won Hockessin, bot it is more likely to have narrowly gone to Obama.

If you can post a list of other towns / townships that you haven't checked yet, and of which you think they may have gone to Romney, I can over the next days do some more number-crunching.

Results by voting district are published here (I had problems with their download function, had to copy and paste date from the html results page):
http://elections.delaware.gov/results/html/unofresl.shtml

The precinct maps for New Castle County are here (the 2012-2022 version applies to the General election):
http://electionsncc.delaware.gov/senate/senate.shtml
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies