Democrats only: do you agree with the DSCC yanking spending in Florida? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:11:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats only: do you agree with the DSCC yanking spending in Florida? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Democrats only:  do you agree with the DSCC yanking spending in Florida?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Democrats only: do you agree with the DSCC yanking spending in Florida?  (Read 905 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: October 18, 2016, 07:43:45 PM »

I'm iffy on this. I really wish Clinton had gone hard at Rubio, even with her own resources, just to damage him or even completely remove him as a risk in 2020 to her or whoever runs.

However, this is really an all-or-nothing deal. It would have been very expensive and not a guaranteed win, especially if they couldn't turn Hispanics against him (and I'm not convinced they could have, especially considering that they didn't abandon him even after he stuck by Trump).

Either way, I'm sure the DSCC didn't make this decision lightly.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 12:41:23 PM »

Latest poll has Murphy down by just 2%.  This decision is ridiculous.  Defeat of Rubio would be a symbolic victory in a number of ways although Murphy himself doesn't seem to be much, if any, better:

1.It would mark an end of the Tea Party.
2.It would mark an end of the supposed Republican Party Great Latino Hope.
3.It would be a defeat for shallow, mindless talking point politics perfectly embodied by the shallow, mindless Rubio.

One would have to assume they know things we don't. Perhaps Rubio's lead is bigger and more durable then public polls suggest. If Rubio was constantly performing so weakly in more accurate internal polls, it's hard to see them pulling out.

On the other hand, maybe his lead becomes smaller and he becomes more vulnerable after they pull(ed) out, in which case it makes their decision a huge blunder.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies