Denver considering decriminalizing 'shrooms (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:04:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Denver considering decriminalizing 'shrooms (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Denver considering decriminalizing 'shrooms  (Read 2016 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: March 09, 2018, 04:51:47 PM »

If people want this for medicinal purposes (which I do believe there are), it probably should be under professional supervision imo. Obviously it's plenty possible to do it solo or with friends, but the more people do it, the more dumb people who will make dumb decisions or take too much and freak out, and that won't look very good. On the plus side, it's not a substance people get addicted to.

All in all, freedom move :*
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 02:43:22 PM »

Last night "someone I know" took some psilocydin in a pill for. The said person had a very fun time and was in control of himself completely at about three grams. The comeup was strong, followed by a prolonged lull, followed by a pretty decent peak and subsequent come-down. Legalizing the substance at ~4 grams or so should prevent people from taking too much.

Of course, an inexperienced user taking ~4 grams would probably still lose their mind for six to eight hours. So who knows, maybe my point is moot?

I get that a decrim law would realistically have to have a maximum quantity, if for no other reason to get skeptical lawmakers on board, but it seems so pointless from where I sit. I can go to any number of fields 6-7 minutes from where I live and bring back a whole bag full more or less, depending on what season it is. It's not possible for the government to control this, and they should stop trying. It's not even remotely like heroin or cocaine. It's not addictive, most people won't try it at all and those that do maybe only once or twice. Like, yeah, it can technically screw you up if you take way too much, but so can any number of cleaning solutions on the shelf at the grocery store Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies