Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:33:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amy Klobuchar 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 30872 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« on: December 27, 2019, 10:36:35 PM »

But I can't overlook the issue of her being an office bully. She needs to clean up her act on that front.
We don't need another Trump as President.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 07:43:36 PM »

Go Amy! I am torn by her alleged office bullying and wanting to see her win. When compared with Trump, even if she rules with a heavy hand in her office, there is NO comparison with Trump. As long as she learns from her mistakes, I could get behind her big time!

Go Amy!
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:38:02 PM »

If Amy was a man, I bet she would be ahead of the pack today. Just saying...

She is the only well-rounded candidate in my book, and if you look at her objectively it would be obvious to everyone. She is the perfect age. Has great political experience at getting things done. She is from snow country and is tough. She even looks the most presidential in my book. Of course if you are Republican then none of this matters, but it should matter to Dems.

Trump would be at a disadvantage by debating a strong female such as Amy....she would likely stomp all over him, and there is plenty to stomp on for sure. I'd like to see her be the one to debate our bully impeached dictator.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 09:27:03 PM »

I wish she would be given the chance. I think the work she would do as President would be on a higher level than the others, and also on a broader scale, touching more people.

But people don't care for her personality. That's what they say. But I like her personality. I like her short quips. She is intelligent and aware of the plight of females and also of Americans around our country. Maybe next time....
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 08:34:59 PM »

I wish she would be given the chance. I think the work she would do as President would be on a higher level than the others, and also on a broader scale, touching more people.

But people don't care for her personality. That's what they say. But I like her personality. I like her short quips. She is intelligent and aware of the plight of females and also of Americans around our country. Maybe next time....

You had me until the end. There is no plight of females.

The plight I am referring to is that there has never been a female President. If that means nothing to you, so be it. But females know what I'm talking about when I say "plight" in this instance.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 08:00:21 PM »

You had me until the end. There is no plight of females.

The plight I am referring to is that there has never been a female President. If that means nothing to you, so be it. But females know what I'm talking about when I say "plight" in this instance.
Women won office at a higher rate than men. It's just that fewer run. That's hardly a plight. Sure, no woman has become President, but no woman feels they can't, either. Everybody knows a woman can become President.

Yeah, right.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 06:53:33 PM »

I miss having a president with dignity, like Obama had.

I miss being able to look up to my President with respect.

Amy has dignity. Watch her carry herself. Listen to what she says.

Amy does care about the people, not just getting in power.

She carries herself well and compared with Trump, well....there is no comparison.

What does Trump have on her? Whatever he thinks he has on Amy, he himself has no dignity and for the most part, commands little respect. What he offers is fear, spite, bullying....the usual Trump stuff.

Don't people want a real winner for President next time? 
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2020, 08:22:38 PM »

She doesn't care about Black voters. That's why she's not getting the nomination.

How many black voters are in the state of Minnesota? It's a pretty white place. Maybe the black population has not figured prominently inside her orbit, but that doesn't mean she doesn't care about people in general. I think she cares about everyone, in a larger sense...she views people as people. That's the impression I'm getting.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 01:12:01 PM »

I voted for Amy and mailed in my ballot. I think she is the best person for the job of President. She understands how change works, that you don't have revolutions and radical policies. Those get watered down and become unrecognizable when Congress gets their hands on them.

Change takes time, and you have to get everyone on board before you can move forward in any effective way. You have to compromise, debate, influence, and get things accomplished, and you don't do that by forcing people to buy into your unrealistic dreams.

I feel good about my vote. Sad to see yet another person I voted for not get the nod, though.

Instead, people are voting for dreams. So be it. We'll see how much dreams can get accomplished. Probably not much since Trump is going to win again next time and Bernie is going to be put out to pasture because of his advanced age. That's what I predict.

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 12:09:44 PM »

I'm just sorry that Amy is lagging behind all those old folks who have so much baggage. She looks presidential. She wears clothes that are respectful of the office. She sounds presidential.

Elizabeth Warren wears the same thing every single day, a black leotard. She only changes the color of her coat. She looks like she has just come from the gym. She even wears tennis shoes at times.

The men, of course, wear their suits and ties and all look very distinguished. Except for Yang, his "no tie" look was very disrespectful in my opinion.

Everything about Amy suggests "success", from her look to her speech to her actions. She is a very busy woman who gets things done. We don't need a rock star TV personality as President. (Or a criminal.) We need someone like Amy, but I maintain people aren't ready to put a female in office as President. Even old old men and a gay guy are ahead of her in the polls and the voting. Sigh.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 07:29:27 PM »

I'm just sorry that Amy is lagging behind all those old folks who have so much baggage. She looks presidential. She wears clothes that are respectful of the office. She sounds presidential.

Elizabeth Warren wears the same thing every single day, a black leotard. She only changes the color of her coat. She looks like she has just come from the gym. She even wears tennis shoes at times.

The men, of course, wear their suits and ties and all look very distinguished. Except for Yang, his "no tie" look was very disrespectful in my opinion.

Everything about Amy suggests "success", from her look to her speech to her actions. She is a very busy woman who gets things done. We don't need a rock star TV personality as President. (Or a criminal.) We need someone like Amy, but I maintain people aren't ready to put a female in office as President. Even old old men and a gay guy are ahead of her in the polls and the voting. Sigh.
Who cares what a Presidental candidate looks, as we have f***ing furries.

Looks matter. Are you more inclined to listen to a dirty disheveled person walking down the street, or the guy wearing a suit and tie? Or the female wearing a business outfit and holding a briefcase?

Especially as the President of the United States, looks matter.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2020, 07:31:06 PM »

Why is she still in this race? If she doesn't drop out after Super Tuesday she deserves a binder thrown at her.

She is the best person for the job. That's why she's still in it.

Why is Steyer still in it? Why is Bloomberg in it at all, trying to buy his way through?

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2020, 11:43:56 PM »

Why is she still in this race? If she doesn't drop out after Super Tuesday she deserves a binder thrown at her.

She is the best person for the job. That's why she's still in it.

Why is Steyer still in it? Why is Bloomberg in it at all, trying to buy his way through?

I think she'd make an excellent president, but she failed to make her mark and has no path to winning. Steyer and Bloomberg should not be in either.

Here's another reason why Amy should not quit yet. As you know, there has never been a female President. The longer Amy and also Warren stay in the race, the more people get used to the idea of a female as President of the country. Maybe it's selfish...call it what you will, but I'll be danged if a woman shouldn't be President THIS time. I don't think Bernie has what it takes.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2020, 04:59:08 AM »

Question. Why do people keep saying she should be a VP to somebody?

Why would anyone want to be a VP? What do they do?

At least in the Senate she keeps very busy passing bills. That sounds more interesting than being a VP.

Besides, when does a VP ever get elected President? Unless Biden swings it this time, he's tried to be Pres a couple times before and tanked.

Again, why would anyone as busy and talented as Amy want to be a VP?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies