Will the Libya Crisis Help Obama or Romney? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:19:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will the Libya Crisis Help Obama or Romney? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will it help?
Obama

Romney

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Author Topic: Will the Libya Crisis Help Obama or Romney?  (Read 8139 times)
Link
« on: September 14, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »

Obama didn't spin anything.  And Obama didn't "win" anything.  A diplomat and several other people are dead.  The only people that "won" were crazy extremists.

3 embassies in 2 days, an ambassador dead, and on the aniversery of 9-11 to boot is a pretty big deal and won't be "forgotten" anywhere near as much as "I will transmit this to Vladimir" which isn't forgotten it just isn't focused on.  

Given how half the country saw this coming makes it a major problem for Obama's foreign policy credibility.  BO handled his response(s) so poorly many people were physically ill / boiling at the situation.  3 major acts of war against the United States and Obama says "It's a bad day, hey I'm off to campaign in Vegas!"

The Romney situation is weird because the media went kamikaze on him for no apparent reason other than hackery.  Everything Romney said was true and well timed.  Frankly he needed to be President on 9-11 and 4 Americans might well be alive.  Not to mention American prestige would be much better.              

Everyone, this guy ^^ talks about people living in a bubble.

Seriously.

I don't know man after reading this and Politico's post about Romney's masculine 6'2 frame, I'm now convinced that Romney would have caught those bullets and RPG's with his teeth  He then would have created 10 American jobs in the auto industry using all that steel.

RIP to the victims and thanks for their service to this country.

^This
Link
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 09:54:03 AM »
« Edited: September 15, 2012, 10:14:09 AM by Link »

Nobody wants to see images of the flag being burnt without a strong response that puts an end to such displays.

Speak for yourself.  I don't buy into neocon fantasies that attacking a Muslim country picked at random out of a hat is going to stop this kind of behavior.  If you read the paper the latest reports pretty much are ruling out some sort of spontaneous grass roots demostration.  This was the same Al Queda attack we've been experiencing for years despite killing hundreds of thousands of Muslims.

It is becoming increasingly clear that this is developing into a negative for Obama, whose substantive strong suit a week ago was foreign policy. Now he only has the "likeable" factor going for him.

Just want to let you know I checked and Bin Laden is still dead.
Link
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:18:09 AM »

95% of the country thinks Call of Duty on the Xbox 360 is real and The Bourne Identity is a documentary.  We let one trigger happy buffoon into the White House and that got us Iraq and a protracted Afgahnistan war... and our embassies are still being attacked.
Link
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 11:10:59 AM »

I love when otherwise reasonable posters on the left somehow manage to out-hack me.

Romney obviously spent his four years as Governor of Massachusetts committed to the job every bit as much as Clinton was committed to his job as Governor of Arkansas. Only at the very end of his tenure did he start running for president, and he did not make it official until after he left Beacon Hill. And let's not pretend that Clinton did not have presidential aspirations long before he became Governor of Arkansas. It's in the DNA of these guys to want this job.

You obviously have never been to MA or spoken to people from there.  Clinton was Governor and involved in Arkansas politics way more than Romney ever was in MA.  Clinton may have had presidential aspiration but he didn't just do a half term as governor and then set off for the campaign trail.  And who cares when they make it official.  Making it official is the forthright thing to do.  Romney just put up a facade and then went to start constructing his White House run.  How can someone with the monikor Politico not know this?

I probably would not vote for a president with administrative experience solely in the private sector, but I like public/private combination.

That's a lie.  If there was a successful Fortune 500 CEO who had a solid two term senatorial career and he was the Republican nominee for president this board would be filled with your hack strawman posts attacking anyone that dared to question them.  Please.  Give us a break.

Romney is a man on a mission. He is the political version of Rambo, and nothing can or will stop him from becoming the 45th President of the United States of America.

You need to take a break.
Link
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 10:43:13 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies