Who wins Beverly Hills California
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:58:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who wins Beverly Hills California
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Biden

Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Who wins Beverly Hills California  (Read 248 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2024, 09:50:18 AM »
« edited: May 09, 2024, 09:56:17 AM by lfromnj »

Seems like the city where Trump should improve the most due to Israel/Gaza outside of Dearborn or other Muslim cities.

Its a city known mostly for famous celebrities but its also home to a very large amount of Iranian Jews who seem very strong in defending Israel.
It voted Clinton +30 and Biden +12 so it still needs a pretty serious swing to get over to Trump.

So basically it seems this year Biden is getting way less celebrity endorsements which means more non voters from that portion and although Trump definitely won the Iranian Jewish vote in 2020 a large portion of the remaining Biden voters may switch to Trump. Its tough to estimate how exactly they voted but they don't seem like Haredi Jews where they voted 95% for Trump. If I had to guess probably 65/35?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2024, 12:41:50 PM »

This area is interesting because it lurched really hard left 2012-->2016 but then basically reverted in 2020; weren't too many places like this.

Honestly I think Trump has a good chance due to the unique politics of Iranian Jews as well as the wealthier parts of Beverly Hill representing a lot of what's wrong with American culture (extremely flashy "new money" type wealth), which seems to be increasingly associated with modern day Republican politics. It's also one of those places that has pretty underwhelming college attainment for how wealthy it is.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2024, 12:48:14 PM »

This area is interesting because it lurched really hard left 2012-->2016 but then basically reverted in 2020; weren't too many places like this.

Honestly I think Trump has a good chance due to the unique politics of Iranian Jews as well as the wealthier parts of Beverly Hill representing a lot of what's wrong with American culture (extremely flashy "new money" type wealth), which seems to be increasingly associated with modern day Republican politics. It's also one of those places that has pretty underwhelming college attainment for how wealthy it is.

Iranian Jews hate the left with passion so i'll say Trump narrowly.
seskoog
United States
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2024, 05:20:37 PM »

My guess is Trump probably wins it, and by not that narrow of a margin either (something like R+9 wouldn't shock me, even on a night where Trump loses nationwide)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies