Canada General Discussion (2019-) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 11:29:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Canada General Discussion (2019-) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Canada General Discussion (2019-)  (Read 191163 times)
njwes
United States

« on: February 20, 2021, 11:17:55 PM »

Truly wonder what is going to happen next.

To all the canadians, who is going to win the next election for now?

Easily Trudeau, likely with a majority.  The conservatives have a serious geography problem.  They will win by huge margins in the Prairies and rural southern Ontario, but they will still lose in the GTA suburbs where it counts.

Do you think there's much room for the Conservatives to win federal seats in the Maritimes and Newfoundland, or do you think they're at a ceiling after the last election? I'd think that general cultural-political realignment might make some Liberal voters there open to voting for Cons, but maybe the party is still too blue Tory for them?
njwes
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 04:42:58 PM »

Would Prairies + southern Ontario + (maybe 1/2) of the Atlantic seats be anywhere near enough to reach a majority?
njwes
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 09:20:36 PM »

O'Toole seems like a decent fit for Atlantic Canada.

I would assume so too! That's why I asked--but maybe what's good for Atlantic Canada would be counterproductive in and around Toronto proper and Metro Vancouver?
njwes
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 09:53:27 AM »

Did the Olympics/Uighur resolution pass?
njwes
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 12:54:10 PM »

Re: Yukon, is there a huge policy platform difference between the Yukon Party and the Yukon Liberal Party? Or is it sort of like the situation in some of the Atlantic provinces where the actual differences (ideologically/policy-wise, that is) between the PC parties and the Liberals aren't necessarily so big?
njwes
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 12:17:58 PM »

I would imagine that Canada's Indigenous population (and maybe the Métis too) have the same split that exists to some extent among Natives/American Indians in the US: those few who claim to publicly speak and advocate for the native community and get the fawning attention of non-native do-gooders often have views that many or even most of the vast majority of "regular" Natives would not endorse or even contemplate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies