The Palin Controversies Keep Coming
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:31:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  The Palin Controversies Keep Coming
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Palin Controversies Keep Coming  (Read 5121 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2008, 09:40:21 PM »

five of the six latest blog entries on PoliticalWire are negative stories about Sarah Palin.  the other shows McCain trailing Obama by seven in the USATodayGallup poll.  funny stuff
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2008, 09:41:29 PM »

five of the six latest blog entries on PoliticalWire are negative stories about Sarah Palin.  the other shows McCain trailing Obama by seven in the USATodayGallup poll.  funny stuff

So politicalwire is 16% less Palin focused than this board. We proudly have every thread dedicated to discussing her.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2008, 09:44:51 PM »

#2-  I don't see how that refutes my arguement, seeing how there are others that link Obama to Wright.
I'm not letting you get away with this. This amounts to a Tu quoque fallacy and you know it. You also made the isinuation that I supported the lambasting of Obama over the Wright-Phleger controversy.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
You have heard of the Reformation, right? You know that guy Martin Luther who left the church over reasons of theology... You may have heard of it or him...

But using infants as aircraft fuel is an objectively and intrinsically evil act. I would have a moral obligation not to support that party because of that stance. Just as I am not a Democrat for that reason. However there are matters that are not intrinsically or extrinsically immoral (to use Aristotelian terms here) that are open up to legitimate debate and support. Asking for a referendum on secession may not be prudent but it is neither extrinsically evil nor intrinsically evil. Also the AIP in the 1990's softened its stance on adherence to the party's platform as changed into a reform-type party.

I am just saying that there were tons of choices of churches and she made a special type of choice that implicates certain trains on to her.  We have decided 140 years ago that succesion from the nation was an immoral act and have lost 2 million people in the process. ...and YES, you do have to deal with your side's attack on Obama for Wright. 
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2008, 09:45:02 PM »

It's a shame we don't know a quarter as much about Obama. Does he even have a birth certificate?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2008, 09:45:50 PM »

It's a shame we don't know a quarter as much about Obama. Does he even have a birth certificate?

Either you're representing the American electorate or you've been under a cyberrock Tongue
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2008, 09:46:40 PM »

Eh, this may have just become a bit of a problem. Politicalwire:

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2008, 09:47:07 PM »

OUCH
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2008, 09:48:54 PM »

OUCH

Palin = Alaskan Independence Party Operative
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2008, 09:49:35 PM »

Ugh.  Unfortunately, this idiocy may have just gained traction, then -- depending what the video is like.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2008, 09:50:42 PM »

Sarah Palin = John Breckinridge   LOL
Justin
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2008, 09:58:09 PM »

I am just saying that there were tons of choices of churches and she made a special type of choice that implicates certain trains on to her.
You want say that about Mexican immigrants who have recently converted from the Catholic faith to the pentacostal or other low church groups. It's happening at a big rate here in the US and especially by mexican immigrants. I mean effectively what you are saying is that anybody who becomes an evangelical or a pentacostal has certain "mindsets". Is that the train of thought *you*
want to entertain? Shall we entertain what trains of thought WASPs who convert to the Catholic faith? Or how about Jews who abandon Judaism for the Christian faith or vice versa. Can you be anymore stereotypical or what?

I have no real stance on the issue of secessionism or anything like that. I'm a guy who supports popular sovereignty on issues that are open to debate like taxes or health care, etc. If the people want it, they should be able to have it. And if the party wishes to minimize or make optional a peice of thier party platform that deals with a matter of legitimate public discourse, that their right.

My side? What is my side? You see the C right? I'm not a Republican. I ove the fact that you can pidgeon hole me based on the fact that i have interjected myself here. How arrogant of you. And guess you are still engaging in a Tuquoque fallacy by trying to legitimize your actions in this case by pointing to the sins of others. Care to take that plank out of your eye first before to take mine?
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2008, 10:02:04 PM »

Ugh.  Unfortunately, this idiocy may have just gained traction, then -- depending what the video is like.

That cyberrock is starting to look pretty welcoming after this manifest absurdity.

Sarah Palin = bomb tossing, flag-burning, fist-bumping terrorist for Alaska? Oh, wait.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2008, 10:03:22 PM »

I'm searching through the videos trying to find the clip... will report back.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies