. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:49:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  . (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: .  (Read 2731 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 02, 2008, 04:03:32 AM »

Age of consent in Alaska is 16.

He does sound like a loser, but guys, still totally not our business.  We don't need to turn our politicians into celebrities, and we sure as hell don't need to turn our politicians' kids into them.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 04:16:35 AM »

I thought it was 18 throughout the country now? What other states have a low age of consent?

Age of consent is a state matter.  The age of consent is actually purely 18 in only four states.  It goes as low as 14 in some.  There are also age-approximation ("Romeo and Juliet" laws) that make a difference within 6 months to a few years fine.

http://www.avert.org/aofconsent.htm

If Palin is unable to properly govern her family, how can we expect her to govern America?

Is that just something you expect the average American to say, or are actually arguing?

This may be slightly too Red State for some folks in here to fully grasp right now, but most people truly believe that a parent has failed somewhat as a parent when their daughter has a love child at the youthful age of 17 while still attending high school...especially when the father is more sophomoric than Paulie Bleeker.

I am not saying it's right or wrong, but it's part of the way things are...

We'll see, I guess...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies