Biden and Ohio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:20:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden and Ohio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden and Ohio  (Read 1872 times)
G_Master
Rookie

« on: July 09, 2020, 08:19:41 PM »

I think so. Cuyahoga County was the county that lost the most overall vote share for the  Democratic nominee between 2012 and 2016. It was, like Wayne County, a major urban county in the Midwest that  both lost on Obama’s percentage for Hillary, while simultaneously showing a percentage point gain for Trump from Romney. Meanwhile Mahoning County showed the highest vote share gain out of Ohio’s 88 counties. This is in spite of Hillary winning both of these counties in 2016. I think if Biden wants to win Ohio, he needs to make serious gains in these counties among other counties in Ohio at large, including the typical swing counties like Lake and Ottawa. I think Biden can win Ohio. Keep in mind, Ohio has ALWAYS been a swing state. In the 90s in went from Bush to Clinton back to Bush. This is also an important state for Biden to win. Biden polling well in Ohio and then winning would virtually shut the door for Trump to gain any electoral advantage, and would leave out any ambiguity anout this prospect.
G_Master
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 11:10:13 PM »

That's unlikely to happen. I think that, as time passes by, it will be clear that his support is being overrated. The point is that Biden himself is even worse than Hillary as a candidate.
Anxious to watch him debate.  Wink

Wishful thinking/delusion is a sad thing to witness.

According to his Sig, he identifies as a gay Republican. So I'd say it's par for the course.

I hung out with a dude a couple times last year before I knew anything at all about his politics. I mean, he looks Latino ( later found out Cuban/Mexican) and he's a gay guy, so I just kinda assumed no worries there. Turns out he stans for trump. Like, hardcore. College degree too. Educated, Latino, and gay. Likes trump. What are the odds? Anyways, dropped that sh**t like a bad habit.

Trump has a cult of personality. At this point his base, aside from his bedrock base, is less defined by racial or sexual-orientation divisions and more on a pure loyalty to Trump, if that makes any sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies