Senate Committee Chairmanships announced (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:35:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Senate Committee Chairmanships announced (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Committee Chairmanships announced  (Read 8533 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: November 15, 2006, 06:23:48 PM »

Tester shouldnt get an appropriations committee seat. It was stupid of Reid to promise him that.  A senator has to work their way up to appropriations through seniority. Anyway I am happy that Lautenberg is on it so we can finally get much deserved money back to NJ. NJ gets the lowest back from Washington but we send among the highest $ to Washington.

Hmmm...., who's fault could that be? *cough* Menendez, Corzine and Lautenberg

Republicans can't be blamed w/that considering it's been 25 years since we sent a good guy to DC
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 07:08:01 PM »

JUD is stocked with liberal democrats.  With Leahy leading them I'm worried things may get a little out of hand in that committee.

Hmm, every time the courts get to radical (either to far left or two far right) power seems to shift in Congress and/or Presidency

But we might actually have enough votes by now, finally, b/c the seriously the major of the American public thinks about SCOTUS for one reason
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 07:15:03 PM »

JUD is stocked with liberal democrats.  With Leahy leading them I'm worried things may get a little out of hand in that committee.

Hmm, every time the courts get to radical (either to far left or two far right) power seems to shift in Congress and/or Presidency

But we might actually have enough votes by now, finally, b/c the seriously the major of the American public thinks about SCOTUS for one reason
Can you put that in english. I have no idea what you are trying to say.

I don't read over my responses so I'll keep this one short and sweet:

Bye, bye Roe v. Wade
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:18:03 PM »

I really wouldn't care as long abortions are illegal, nothing would be more crushing to femininists, gays, crazy lunatics, mental patients, and other peole who think murder is acceptable.  I would get such a long lasting high from that that no Democrat victory would phase me
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 07:22:52 PM »

I really wouldn't care as long abortions are illegal, nothing would be more crushing to femininists, gays, crazy lunatics, mental patients, and other peole who think murder is acceptable.  I would get such a long lasting high from that that no Democrat victory would phase me
Roe v. Wade isnt going anywhere. If Roberts votes against it, he can be impeached for perjury.  Plus it's pretty safe right now as long as Souter, Breyer, Kennedy, Ginsburg, and Stevens dont step down.

I'm sure Kennedy could be beat around a little
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 07:42:33 PM »

Why do gays apparently think murder is acceptable?

DWL would also have a great deal of difficulty in dealing with the fairly large body of 'post-feminist' feminists who are actually against abortion...

I don't believe I ever criticized "post-feminists" ppl like Patricia Heaton, they are good Americans and upstanding citizens
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 08:06:44 PM »

Why do gays apparently think murder is acceptable?

For that matter, what do patients in mental asylums have to do with abortion?

As I said...

I think you need to receive a little visit from the happy men in the white coats.

They are crazy and therefore can't distingusih right from wrong
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 08:12:23 PM »

DownWithTheLeft, did your parents really do this thorough of a job of brainwashing you to hate those who you disagree with, or was this a voluntary choice?

I'm not trying to be mean, but the belief that the opposition is inherently evil is a very insular view.

My parent's anger me, especially my mom, b/c they don't see the dangers progressive liberal society presents
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »

DownWithTheLeft, did your parents really do this thorough of a job of brainwashing you to hate those who you disagree with, or was this a voluntary choice?

I'm not trying to be mean, but the belief that the opposition is inherently evil is a very insular view.

My parent's anger me, especially my mom, b/c they don't see the dangers progressive liberal society presents

What, then, convinced you that liberals are evil?  I am friends with a lot of liberals, and I know them well, and most of them are very decent people.  I may disagree with them, but they are not evil.  They want the best for America, their families and the world at large, as the overwhelming general rule.

Believe me, living in NJ most of my friends are liberals, but there not these prancing in the street proud to be gay and baby killing liberals that are runing America, they are a small portion but they most be stopped.  I have a friend who is very liberal, but at least he realizes that people should be able to say "Merry Christmas" w/o fear of a lawsuit
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 08:28:33 PM »

Believe me, living in NJ most of my friends are liberals, but there not these prancing in the street proud to be gay and baby killing liberals that are runing America, they are a small portion but they most be stopped.  I have a friend who is very liberal, but at least he realizes that people should be able to say "Merry Christmas" w/o fear of a lawsuit

So, in other words, you're directing all of your hate toward a very limited segment of the liberal population, even though a corresponding conservative population exists?  Just a convenient boogeyman?

The far-right only exists to counter the far-left, my view is only that if this people exist someone has to stop them, and I want to be one of those people
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 08:33:45 PM »

So, in other words, you're directing all of your hate toward a very limited segment of the liberal population, even though a corresponding conservative population exists?  Just a convenient boogeyman?

The far-right only exists to counter the far-left, my view is only that if this people exist someone has to stop them, and I want to be one of those people

Conservatives and Liberals have their skeletons.

Conservatives were the staunch oppenents of Civil Rights for blacks because of non-existant bibilical quotes.  Liberals were always to soft on criminals.

Remember, I am talking ideology, not party.

Live in NJ and then tell me whether or not you don't puke at the word Democrat, James Democrats here would make you sick, there not normal Democrats
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 08:35:21 PM »

Why can't you just flip that around and say the far left exists to counter the far right?  And why, when the far left is - as you say - "a small portion," do they need to be countered?  Can't you counter them without being far-right?  Why not try to work with those who aren't extreme, instead of wasting your time giving validity to those who are by treating them like their opinions are relevant to the discourse?

Because I live in NJ and being a conservative Democrat making a hardcore right-wing extremist.

Anyway, I like being part of the far-right because shouldn't you go where you agree w/people?  I think America needs to keep family values and not give my money to lazy poor people.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 08:37:50 PM »

You are insane.

Taken from you, that is a compliment Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 08:40:50 PM »

I think Down and everyone needs to calm down.

But If i move to NJ before 2009, I wont vote for Corzine.

But it is unlikely id move there before 2009 let alone ever.

Best advice I can give you: Don't

I had this discussion with my mom today, she insists that living right near NYC is great and that we can learn to live with pushy gay activists and radical liberals, I insist a move to the Deep South is necessary.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 08:42:22 PM »

Corzine and Blunt do the same things:

Finance their campaigns through illegal means, and they win their elections with voting machines.
That is extremely false. How did Corzine finance his campaign illegally?

ah so you admit that he won his election with voting machines?since you just metioned the campaign

Senate race was fixed, governor's race was b/c he ran against the worst candidate ever place forth by a major party
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 08:43:53 PM »

Best advice I can give you: Don't

I had this discussion with my mom today, she insists that living right near NYC is great and that we can learn to live with pushy gay activists and radical liberals, I insist a move to the Deep South is necessary.

You might like Missouri. Our Democrats and Republicans are good and bad. We have a Conservative GOP Wing, a Moderate GOP wing, a Moderate DEM wing, and a Liberla Dem wing, but Most MO politicians are moderate.

That's funny, NJ has a communist wing, an ultra liberal wing, a somewhat ultra liberal wing, a moderately liberal wing, a liberal Republican wing, and then myself and about 9 others are conservatives
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 08:44:54 PM »

Youre really missing out. If you've ever been to nice parts of NJ, everyone would want to live here. I have never been to MO so I can't make great judgement as to whether I'd ever move there. However, the word is that it sucks and everyone's on meth.

Conan, I believe you also live in Bergen County, what is so great?  A horrible county executive just got reelected w/60% of the vote and the world's largest terror target is miles away
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 08:55:49 PM »

Youre really missing out. If you've ever been to nice parts of NJ, everyone would want to live here. I have never been to MO so I can't make great judgement as to whether I'd ever move there. However, the word is that it sucks and everyone's on meth.

On my 2nd trip to NYC in 2002 I and several friends from UT Dallas (which I was attending at the time) took the train from Penn Station to Newark. I've heard all sorts of crap about how bad and ugly Newark is but at least the Newark I've seen (around the Community Food Bank of NJ where we volunteered) looked nice and quaint.

It must have been by the Bears stadium, that area is nice, the Ironbelt is really bad, but Cory Booker is doing a good job stopping crime, Sharpe James was among the worst mayor's in history
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 08:58:38 PM »

Let's switch, I always wanted to live up there, now that's a nice place

Conan, I believe you also live in Bergen County, what is so great?  A horrible county executive just got reelected w/60% of the vote and the world's largest terror target is miles away
I dont live in Bergen, I live in Sussex. However the towns in Bergen are great. It's convenient and theres a high standard of living. I plan to move there sometime.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 09:55:49 PM »

Because I live in NJ and being a conservative Democrat making a hardcore right-wing extremist.

With all due respect, don't give me that crap.  I live in a state that voted for Kerry more strongly than yours does, and I live in a strongly Democratic part of it, and I'm probably the most conservative person in the circle of people I know.  No one considers me a right-wing extremist.

And what does New Jersey being liberal have to do with defending the argument about the far-right existing only to counter the far-left?

I bet you live in a pleasant suburb that's not even that Democratic anyway.

Much of South Bergen in neatly split about 50-50, but that's mostly because the GOP used to have a big Italian-American machine going there that has been sputtering out in the last few election cycles. In any case, Bergen as a whole went 51-48 Kerry, so it's hardly a liberal bastion.

I could make a case that my 74-23 Kerry town in Bergen is a liberal bastion, but none of South Bergen can say that.

Edit: For anyone interested, here's Bergen in 2004 (blue is Kerry, red is Bush, the scale goes by 5%). North Bergen is fiscally rightist and monstrously wealthy, Central Bergen is a mix of social liberals and fiscal leftists, and South Bergen is a split between fiscal leftists and social conservatives.

@jamespol: Everyone wants a seat on the Appropriations committee. I am of the opinion that Appropriations should go to the most junior senators so it has a rapid turnover rate. Sadly, the opposite is true, and Byrd will be almost as bad as Stevens (if not worse). At least he's not senile (yet).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutherford%2C_NJ

The one thing your right about is my town having only a slight-left tilt, but we use to have a far-right tilt and then Hudson county goons like our mayor came in
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies