2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:36:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Ballot Preference: Which candidate would you vote for?
Bevin (R)

Beshear (D)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 163

Author Topic: 2019 KY GOV Megathread, Andy Beshear wins  (Read 56620 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2019, 08:08:01 PM »

Also hilarious that people are surprised that Trump's rallies didn’t have an impact here. Obama campaigned for Anthony Brown in Maryland in 2014 and couldn’t win that race for his party. Trump couldn’t even sway West Virginia to send Republican to the Senate in 2018.

It just doesn’t matter. Midterms tend to be ugly for the incumbent party for a reason.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2019, 08:14:47 PM »

Also hilarious that people are surprised that Trump's rallies didn’t have an impact here. Obama campaigned for Anthony Brown in Maryland in 2014 and couldn’t win that race for his party. Trump couldn’t even sway West Virginia to send Republican to the Senate in 2018.

It just doesn’t matter. Midterms tend to be ugly for the incumbent party for a reason.

Well I do think he may have turned a +1 Beshear win into a .4 one. I just don't think rallies are magic wands that can flip +20 results.

True, I agree that it probably helped Bevin a little, but clearly not by 5-10 points. I also think there’s some truth to the theory that his rallies tend to energize Democrats just as much Republicans (I also saw this in MT last year).
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2019, 02:14:53 AM »

I don’t think McConnell is too unhappy about Bevin losing. Republicans swept all the other statewide offices, his protégé Cameron won easily, and he won’t be dragged down by Bevin's unpopularity in 2020.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies