2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:20:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 85027 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: May 17, 2022, 05:48:30 PM »

Hopefully Bob Tiernan wins the primary for Governor though I wouldnt mind Bob Pierce too. Drazen imo would be a bad candidate as she is way to robotic and Pulliam would be a disaster

Didn't you say you'd back Drazan after Pierce said he'd look into expanding the OHP?
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #401 on: May 17, 2022, 05:50:27 PM »

Everybody exhale, the wizards are here
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #402 on: May 17, 2022, 05:50:50 PM »

Hopefully Bob Tiernan wins the primary for Governor though I wouldnt mind Bob Pierce too. Drazen imo would be a bad candidate as she is way to robotic and Pulliam would be a disaster

Didn't you say you'd back Drazan after Pierce said he'd look into expanding the OHP?

That was before the debate though where Drazen came off as extremely robotic . Here’s how I’d describe the 4 candidates actually

Bud Pierce: He is running like a Mark Hatfield style Republican and is open to even working with Democrats on creating a public option in the state. He also believes we should invest in natural resources to help improve rural Oregon.

https://budpierce.org/issues/

Bob Tiernan: He is pretty similar to Bud Pierce on issues such as housing/law and order/education but opposes a public option and is mainly running on improving competency in the different agencies in Oregon and generally has the most detailed platform by far on what he would do to help solve the problems in Oregon.

https://bobtiernan.com/issues/

Christine Drazen: She basically is a typical establishment style Republican who gives standard talking points to issue after issue. For example in one of the debates she was asked how she would help solve the problems of rural Oregon and her answer was : "I am a small town girl who knows the problems of small towns which is why I will reduce the size of government so they can decide their own future". Literally as scripted as you can get

https://www.christinefororegon.com/issues/

Stan Pulliam: He is a far right Republican running as a Rand Paul/Trump hybrid and generally gives angry answers to every possible issue.

https://www.stanpulliam.org/issues

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #403 on: May 17, 2022, 05:53:14 PM »

Looks like Politico of all people has the most up-to-date results.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #404 on: May 17, 2022, 05:55:13 PM »

Has anybody seen Fivey Fox, though?  
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #405 on: May 17, 2022, 05:55:40 PM »

Calling KY-4 R for Massie!
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #406 on: May 17, 2022, 05:58:59 PM »

That was before the debate though where Drazen came off as extremely robotic . Here’s how I’d describe the 4 candidates actually

Bud Pierce: He is running like a Mark Hatfield style Republican and is open to even working with Democrats on creating a public option in the state. He also believes we should invest in natural resources to help improve rural Oregon.

Bob Tiernan: He is pretty similar to Bud Pierce on issues such as housing/law and order/education but opposes a public option and is mainly running on improving competency in the different agencies in Oregon and generally has the most detailed platform by far on what he would do to help solve the problems in Oregon.

Christine Drazen: She basically is a typical establishment style Republican who gives standard talking points to issue after issue. For example in one of the debates she was asked how she would help solve the problems of rural Oregon and her answer was : "I am a small town girl who knows the problems of small towns which is why I will reduce the size of government so they can decide their own future". Literally as scripted as you can get

Stan Pulliam: He is a far right Republican running as a Rand Paul/Trump hybrid and generally gives angry answers to every possible issue.

Looked at it and I agree. Tiernan and Pierce both seem sane and people I'd vote for, Drazen seems sane but not my type, and Pulliam looks to be completely nuts.

He's at a farm upstate.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #407 on: May 17, 2022, 06:03:28 PM »

Looked at it and I agree. Tiernan and Pierce both seem sane and people I'd vote for, Drazen seems sane but not my type, and Pulliam looks to be completely nuts.

Yah Drazen could have been a pretty good candidate but the issue is she like many people in legislative leadership have lost the ability to take clear positions on issues .

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #408 on: May 17, 2022, 06:05:46 PM »

I really am enjoying the customary thread lull before the polls close.  It's kinda like a pre-party before everybody arrives.  

(And then the floodgates open where you can't post anything without getting hung up on Warning - while you were typing 16 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.)

You know you can turn that warning off, right?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #409 on: May 17, 2022, 06:06:18 PM »

I really am enjoying the customary thread lull before the polls close.  It's kinda like a pre-party before everybody arrives.  

(And then the floodgates open where you can't post anything without getting hung up on Warning - while you were typing 16 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.)

You know you can turn that warning off, right?

Shhhh let me whine and complain. 
LAB-LIB
Dale Bumpers
United States

« Reply #410 on: May 17, 2022, 06:10:36 PM »

No surprise but Booker and Paul win in Kentucky. McGarvey has a 2-1 lead in KY-3.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #411 on: May 17, 2022, 06:11:42 PM »

19 Minutes until we can get stuff out of NC.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #412 on: May 17, 2022, 06:15:22 PM »

Calling KY-SEN D FOR BOOKER!
Calling KY-SEN R FOR PAUL!
Calling KY-2 R for Guthrie!
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #413 on: May 17, 2022, 06:17:25 PM »

Voted at around 5:00. Very light turnout at my precinct.

Pulled the lever for Shapiro/Fetterman/Summer Lee.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #414 on: May 17, 2022, 06:22:26 PM »

As more rural Kentucky comes in, you'll see Booker do worse in his primary. That's an indication of dissatisfied voters who are locked into voting in their registered (but not necessarily preferred) party's primary.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #415 on: May 17, 2022, 06:24:44 PM »

As more rural Kentucky comes in, you'll see Booker do worse in his primary. That's an indication of dissatisfied voters who are locked into voting in their registered (but not necessarily preferred) party's primary.

Do you think Blanton or Merrill will win a county?
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #416 on: May 17, 2022, 06:26:30 PM »

We might not know the result of the OR-05 primary tonight-

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #417 on: May 17, 2022, 06:28:02 PM »

We might not know the result of the OR-05 primary tonight-

That's like the second ballot error of the night.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #418 on: May 17, 2022, 06:28:20 PM »

When will the Pennsylvania results start to drop?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #419 on: May 17, 2022, 06:29:04 PM »

5:00 PM my time (8PM Local). NC drops in two minutes though.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #420 on: May 17, 2022, 06:29:45 PM »

Probably not, but if they do, it'll either be in coal country eastern Kentucky or far western Kentucky.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #421 on: May 17, 2022, 06:32:02 PM »

Probably not, but if they do, it'll either be in coal country eastern Kentucky or far western Kentucky.

Yeah Merrill came within 7 in Pendleton. We'll see I guess.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #422 on: May 17, 2022, 06:32:21 PM »

Bye bye Charles. No amount of disinformation can save you from embarrassment
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #423 on: May 17, 2022, 06:32:53 PM »

That's closing, I'm not sure how much will 'drop'; and in any case those sorts of drop are generally at least half an hour after closing.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #424 on: May 17, 2022, 06:34:56 PM »

That's closing, I'm not sure how much will 'drop'; and in any case those sorts of drop are generally at least half an hour after closing.

Point is we should get some stuff however minuscule soon. The sad thing is that the only interesting race is Cawthorn's.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies