Opinion of John Roberts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:26:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of John Roberts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Extreme FF

Extreme HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Opinion of John Roberts  (Read 1740 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: June 26, 2019, 10:53:19 AM »

Slight FF. Still is too corporate friendly for my taste. But I think for the most part he has been a good CJOTUS.

Yeah, pretty much this.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 12:17:28 PM »

Slight FF. Still is too corporate friendly for my taste. But I think for the most part he has been a good CJOTUS.

Yeah, pretty much this.
Will you still think that after the census decision?

If he (as I expect the Court to) finds the citizenship question illegal & ensures that the census has the most accurate count possible, then yes, I will.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 12:27:00 PM »

Yeah, pretty much this.
Will you still think that after the census decision?

If he (as I expect the Court to) finds the citizenship question illegal & ensures that the census has the most accurate count possible, then yes, I will.
The court is likely to uphold the citizenship question.

And you know that how? Literally the only thing that's been talked about this week in legal circles is how the Court will rule, because nobody knows which impacts Roberts is gonna personally hold to be more important.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 10:17:30 PM »

Took some good and some bad stances over the years. He deserves credit for the Obamacare vote and his rebuff of Trump's stupid "Obama judges" narrative. Overall, I think he is a decent guy. Freedom fighter.
The census case will make you rethink that.

Hope you're willing to eat crow if he strikes down the citizenship question, considering how sure you are that he won't.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 11:42:10 AM »

Took some good and some bad stances over the years. He deserves credit for the Obamacare vote and his rebuff of Trump's stupid "Obama judges" narrative. Overall, I think he is a decent guy. Freedom fighter.
The census case will make you rethink that.

Hope you're willing to eat crow if he strikes down the citizenship question, considering how sure you are that he won't.
I want to eat crow, but I know I won’t.

Well, he just rejected the citizenship question, so how does that crow taste?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 04:19:22 PM »

I don't care about Jeffrey Toobin's fear mongering, because not only is it gonna be hard to come up with a legally valid explanation for adding the question (even by 10/31) now that there's written evidence that shows racist intent for adding the question, but his whole point about the deadlines leaves out the fact that, while 10/31 is the last theoretically possible date to include the question on the forms, doing so would lead to logistical nightmares, as Alaska already begins counting in early January.

Long story short: people need to stop acting like the question is gonna happen; it's not gonna happen.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 10:35:28 PM »

Partisan gerrymandering case, anyone?

Disagreed with the outcome of the case but agreed with the legal reasoning behind the decision.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 10:53:13 PM »

What about when the court kills DACA forever next year, causing all dreamers to be deported?

I think Roberts will join the liberals in voting in favor of DACA, not least because it was actually one of Roberts' closest judicial allies (John D. Bates, also appointed by W. to the federal bench) who ruled that Trump's decision to end DACA was unlawful.

The real question is how many wrong predictions will it take before you stop so wrongly predicting the likely outcomes of all these cases?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 03:07:31 PM »

What about when the court kills DACA forever next year, causing all dreamers to be deported?

I think Roberts will join the liberals in voting in favor of DACA, not least because it was actually one of Roberts' closest judicial allies (John D. Bates, also appointed by W. to the federal bench) who ruled that Trump's decision to end DACA was unlawful.

The real question is how many wrong predictions will it take before you stop so wrongly predicting the likely outcomes of all these cases?
The court will cause there to be a second Operation W*****k. Even if Roberts defects, Justice Amy Coney Barrett will not.

LOL if you think any of the liberals are leaving anytime soon. Go ahead & add that to the "this will be a wrong prediction" list.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2019, 03:15:35 PM »

The court will cause there to be a second Operation W*****k. Even if Roberts defects, Justice Amy Coney Barrett will not.

LOL if you think any of the liberals are leaving anytime soon. Go ahead & add that to the "this will be a wrong prediction" list.
Ginsburg has had health problems. I knew about Scalia’s health problems in 2015 and saw his death coming.

She's gone through colon cancer & the resulting chemo, pancreatic cancer, heart surgery, & 3 broken ribs after a bad fall, & barely missed a day. Don't underestimate the probability that there'll be a time when only cockroaches, tardigrades, Keith Richards, & the Notorious RBG are the only living creatures on Earth. Because she'll sit on that court long after our own bodies have expired, & their dust has returned to the earth; she'll draw breath & expel legal opinion until the sun rises in the west, & sets in the east.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies